The Charleston RiverDogs faced off with the Pittsburgh Pirates single-A affiliate at the Yankees Player Development & Scouting Complex on Thursday.
- Gil allowed a double to the first batter he faced but promptly struck out the next three to send the inning.
- He sent down the batters in order in the second inning on strikeouts.
- Gil came in for the third inning but struggled, failing to get an out and allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and two walks before the inning was ended with the bases loaded.
- Gil was sitting between 93-95 miles per hour with his fastball, touching 97 mph at times
- Throughout his outing he was wild
- He came back out for the fourth inning but allowed a walk and a base hit before ultimately being removed from the game.
- Gil recorded just six outs, all via strikeout.
- Antonio Cabello had a strong game with two hits.
- Andres Chaparro is significantly leaner than he was in 2017 and it has helped him at the plate and in the field.
- Anthony Garcia picked up a couple of hits and an RBI
You must be logged in to post a comment.