- New York is now 37 – 17 on the season which places them in first place tie with the Boston Red Sox in the American League East Division.
Monday, May 28, 2018:
- With Greg Bird’s solo home run in the seventh inning, Yankee hitters have now homered in eight of their last nine games.
- Yankee batters drew no walks for just the second time this season which was also against Houston.
- Gleyber Torres hit fifth on Monday, the highest spot he has batted in his young career to date.
- Domingo German tossed a career-high 104 pitches in Monday’s start.
- Didi Gregorius recorded his first multi-hit game since going 2-for-5 at Houston on May 3rd.
- By not recording a hit, Brett Gardner’s seven-game hitting streak was snapped.
- With the loss, New York dropped to 24-22 all-time in Memorial Day contests.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018:
- Adam Warren’s MLB rehabilitation assignment has been transferred from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to Double-A Trenton.
- Rookie Gleyber Torres was named the American League Player of the Week. He hit .368 with five homers last week.
- The Yankees now have five wins while trailing after eight innings. That is the most in the American League.
- Brett Gardner gave the Yankees an early 1-0 lead as he hit his second leadoff homer of the Yankees six-game home-stand. His second homer of the night, which was a two-run shot that was hit in the ninth, tied the game up at 5.
Wednesday, May 30, 2018:
- With the victory, the Yankees finished 4-2 on their home-stand that included two of the top teams in the American League West in the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim and Houston Astros.
- New York has now won 10 of their last 11 series since May 19th.
- After beating Dallas Keuchel, the Yankees improved to a Major League-best 14-4 this season against southpaws.
- The Yankees are now 11-1 in Luis Severino’s starts this season and undefeated in his last nine (6-0).
- Severino is now 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA against Houston this season.
- Aaron Judge is now batting .349 with 12 homers, seven doubles, 18 runs scored, and 33 RBI’s in 31 games at home this season.
- Austin Romine extended his hitting streak to a career-high nine games on Wednesday.
- Gary Sanchez snapped his 0-for-19 hitless streak with his go-ahead two-run single in the bottom of the fifth inning.
- Aaron Hicks 0-for-16 streak ended with his RBI double in the sixth.
- Rehabbing reliever, Adam Warren started Wednesday night’s game in Trenton, NJ. He fired three scoreless innings, struck out three, and permitted just one hit.
Thursday, May 31, 2018:
- Rain postponed the series opener in Baltimore on Thursday. After a nearly two-hour rain delay, the game was moved to a single-admission doubleheader at Camden Yards on July 9th. The first game will begin at 4:05 ET, with the second contest being held 30 minutes after game one is completed.
- Before the rain out, Thursday’s contest was going to be the first of four games in Baltimore and the first of an 11-game home-stand that will see the Yankees play at the Orioles, Tigers, Blue Jays, and Mets.
Friday, June 1, 2018:
- The Yankees released veteran left-handed reliever Oliver Perez from his minor league contract.
- Aaron Judge hit his 11th home run of the season on Friday night. That was his 13th against the Orioles, the team that he has hit the most homers against. It was also just his 11th of a southpaw. He has homered 61 times off righties.
- With the victory over the O’s, New York improved to a season-best 19 games over .500 and gave Baltimore their sixth straight loss.
- Greg Bird notched his first triple since 2015 when he was with the RailRiders (Triple-A).
- Austin Romine continues to stay hot, extending his hitting streak to 10 games on a night where he went 2-for-3 with a walk and RBI-double.
Saturday, June 2, 2018:
- Yankees second basemen Gleyber Torres was named the American League Rookie of the Month for May. He slashed .317/.374/.659 with nine home runs and 24 RBI.
- Now 20 games over the .500 mark, New York won its sixth game out of eight contests.
- With Miguel Andujar’s home run in the second, it gave him 26 extra-base hits on the season which leads all Major League rookies.
Sunday, June 3, 2018:
- Due to inclement weather, Sunday’s Yankees-Orioles game was postponed and will be made up as a split-admission doubleheader on Saturday, August 25th. This is now the seventh postponement of the 2018 season.