RailRiders Seek to Sponsor Local Youth Baseball Teams
Moosic, Pa. – The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A/New York Yankees) love baseball, families and NEPA. In 2015, they will combine all three loves into the Pinstripe Pals, presented by Maines Food & Party Warehouse. A youth baseball sponsorship initiative, the Pinstripe Pals program includes a $500 sponsorship from the RailRiders and a $500 gift card to Maines Food & Party Warehouse for each selected league.
The program is open to Little League districts 16, 17, 18, 29, 31 and 32 along with Cal Ripken district five. Other benefits include:
– The chance for each selected league to be honored at a RailRiders game with a pre-game parade on the field.
– The league’s ability to choose a photo for the cover of the GuideRail cover for that league’s game.
– A mascot appearance and giveaways for the league’s opening ceremonies.
– One of the league’s teams can serve as the “Field of Dreams” squad that takes PNC Field with the RailRiders.
For consideration, a league representative should fill out a form found on the RailRiders website and mail it along with a 500-word essay describing why the RailRiders should choose his/her league. The completed forms and essays should be sent to SWB RailRiders, Attn: Pinstripe Pals, 235 Montage Mountain Rd., Moosic, PA 18507.
Please note that the sponsorship preferably includes a team within each selected league adopts the nickname “RailRiders” and uses the RailRiders logo on team jerseys/shirts.
“The holiday season might be over but giving is a year-round activity for the RailRiders,” said RailRiders community relations director Rachel Mark. “We started this program today to benefit NEPA’s baseball stars and fans of tomorrow.”
The RailRiders open their 2015 season at home on April 9 against the Syracuse Chiefs (Washington Nationals). For more information please call (570) 969-BALL (2255) or visit swbrailriders.com.
– SWB RailRiders – All Aboard! –
You must be logged in to post a comment.