The RailRiders ended a hugely successful season for their team and the Yankees organization as a whole with a rain-shortened win.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (75-52): Scranton closed out the Final Stretch with a five-game sweep of Rochester, posting a 7-3 mark over these two weeks as Oswaldo Cabrera continues to prove he belongs. The final score was 4-0 in a six-inning contest.
- Star of the Game: Oswaldo Cabrera – 1-for-3, 1 home run (5), 4 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. Cabrera capped off his magical Final Stretch run with a grand slam, his fifth homer since joining Scranton, and heads into the offseason after batting .500 with a 1.717 OPS over these two weeks
- Oswald Peraza: 2-for-3, 1 run scored. Peraza hit .286 after joining the RailRiders
- Miguel Andújar: 1-for-3, 1 double, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
- Greg Allen: 1-for-2, 1 run scored, 1 stolen base. Allen hit .326 in Scranton and stole 26 bases
- Sean Boyle: 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 36 pitches (25 strikes)
- Brody Koerner: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K, 26 pitches (16 strikes)
- Nick Green: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 39 pitches (27 strikes). Green earned his third win to close out the season
You must be logged in to post a comment.