Welcome back to another season of Pinstriped Performances. Scranton gets the party started with a comprehensive win in Syracuse, while the other full-season affiliates will follow later this week.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (1-0): Scranton held the Mets to just four hits and the staff struck out 14 as part of a 5-0 blanking to kick off the season.
- Star of the Game: Oswald Peraza – 1-for-4, 1 home run (1), 1 RBI, 1 strikeout. The top prospect went yard on just the seventh pitch in the game, emphatically announcing his presence at Triple-A
- Pitching Star of the Game: Matt Krook – 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K, 56 pitches (41 strikes). Krook dominated the Mets and heated up as the night went along – he struck out four of the last six hitters he faced
- Estevan Florial: 1-for-3, 1 home run (1), 3 RBI, 1 walk. Florial began an important season with a big eighth-inning home run that tacked on some insurance runs
- Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-4, 1 double, 1 run scored, 2 strikeouts
- Max McDowell: 3-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
- Reggie McClain: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 29 pitches (17 strikes)
- Trevor Lane: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 13 pitches (9 strikes)
- Greg Weissert: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 32 pitches (20 strikes). Weissert struck out the side in the eighth inning on just 13 pitches