See the top performers with our Pinstriped Performances here: https://t.co/m0yoqma61k
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) April 18, 2019
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (8-9) defeated the Boston Red Sox for the second consecutive day by the score of 5-3.
- Clint Frazier: Went 3-for-4 with an RBI
- Brett Gardner: Went 1-for-4 with 4 RBIs – his only hit was a grand slam home run in the seventh inning
- Luke Voit: Went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk
- JA Happ: 6 1/3 IP 3R 3ER 1BB 4 SO
- Tommy Kahnle: 2/3 IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
- Adam Ottavino: 1 IP 0R 0ER 2H 1BB 1SO
- Aroldis Chapman: 1IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The RailRiders (8-6) were swept in a doubleheader by the Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- Thairo Estrada: 2-for-4 with 1 R
Extended his hitting streak to five games
- Mandy Alvarez: 2-for-4 with 2 RBIs
- Ryan Lavarnway: 3-for-3
- Zack Zehner: 2-for-2 1 RBI
Zehner is now hitting .333/.432/.389 in the first 12 games of the season. He had a five-game hitting streak and has a hit in all but three games.
- Jonathan Loaisiga: 5IP 2H 2R 2ER 3BB 7SO
Took the loss in his first Triple-A start of the season.
- Rex Brothers: 2IP 3H 3R 3ER 1BB 3SO
- Thairo Estrada: 1-for-4 with 1 run scored
His hitting streak was extended to six total games.
- Gosuke Katoh: 2-for-3 with 1 run scored, 1 RBI
He had a solo home run in the third inning.
- Ryan McBroom: 1-for-4 with a 1 run scored, 2 walks
- Chance Adams: 4IP 5H 5R 5ER 3BB 5SO
- Jake Barrett: 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
- David Sosebee: 1IP 0H 0R 0R 0ER 0BB 2SO
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Trenton Thunder (8-4) were defeated by the Akron Rubberducks on Wednesday morning by the score of 5-3. It was the first loss at home for the Thunder.
- Hoy Park: Went 1-for-4 with a run scored.
Park has hit safely in his last three games for the Thunder.
- Ben Ruta: Went 1-for-2 with 2 runs scored and a double and an RBI.
He walked twice. He is hitting .286/.381/.568 in 12 games for the Thunder and has hit safely in all but three games this season. It was just his third game with just one base hit.
- Rashad Crawford: Went 1-for-5 with a strikeout and an RBI.
Crawford was acquired by the Yankees as part of the Aroldis Chapman trade in 2016 and is hitting .282/.364/.333 in 11 games for the Thunder after completely re-tooling his swing last year.
- Brody Koerner: 7 IP 4H 5R 3ER 3BB 4SO
Former 17th round pick has a 1.80 ERA in three starts for the Thunder with 10 strikeouts in 15 innings pitched.
- Will Carter: 2IP 2H 0R 0ER 2BB 0SO
Former 14th round pick in 2015 is adjusting to moving to the bullpen. Has a 6.35 ERA in 4 games and 5 2/3 innings pitched
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tarpons (5-9) defeated the Bradenton Marauders, 6-1.
- Isiah Gilliam: 2-for-4 with 1 RBI and a double
Gilliam is hitting .319/.396/.511 in 13 games for the Tarpons.
- Donny Sands: 2-for-4
- Pablo Olivares: 1-for-4 with 2 RBIs
Olivares has a six-game hitting streak but has yet to put together a multi-hit game.
- Diego Castillo: 1-for-3 with a run scored, a double and a walk
- Deivi Garcia: 4 2/3IP 1H 1R 1ER 3BB 8SO
- Braden Bristo: 2 1/3IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
- Brooks Kriske: 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 4SO
Former 6th round pick in 2016 has yet to allow an earned run in 9 innings pitched and struck out 12 batters. He walked 4 batters, but 2 were intentional.
Charleston RiverDogs (Class A): The RiverDogs (7-7) defeated the Greenville Drive in a morning game by the score of 7-1.
- Brandon Lockridge: Went 1-for-3 with 2 walks and a strikeout
Lockridge has hit safely in his last three games. The 2018 fifth round pick is hitting .212/.305/.442 with two stolen bases and seven walks on the season.
- Josh Stowers: Went 2-for-5 with an RBI
Stowers was acquired by the Yankees in a trade with the Mariners that sent Shed Long to Seattle. He is hitting .286/.386/.367 with four doubles and 2 RBIs in 13 games. He hit safely in all but four games so far.
- Nelson Gomez: 1-for-3 with an HR and a walk
It was the first homer of the season for the former top prospect from the 2014 international free agent class. He is hitting .268/.367/.439 with four doubles and seven walks.
- Mickey Gasper: Went 1-for-2 with a home run 2 runs scored and 2 walks
The Yankees selected Gasper in the 27th round of the 2018 draft out of Bryant. He is hitting .355/.429/.581 with four doubles, a home run, 2 RBIs and 3 walks.
- Max Burt: Went 2-for-4 with 2 RBIs
Burt was one of our five lesser-known players that impressed us in minor league spring training.
- Jio Orozco: 6 IP 5H 1R 1ER 4BB 3SO
Acquired by the Yankees in the Ben Gamel trade, Orozco is returning to the mound this year after a foot injury caused him to miss a significant amount of time in 2018. He is 1-1 with a 1.88 ERA in three games, one start, with 13 strikeouts in 14 1/3 innings.
- Carlos Espinal: 3IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 7SO
Espinal was called up to the RiverDogs, replacing Adonis De La Cruz on the roster. Espinal was among our five lesser-known players that impressed us in minor league spring training. He earned the save.