Tampa is suddenly one loss from going home without any hardware. A Yankees starter makes an appearance in Scranton.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (68-49): The RailRiders opened the “Final Stretch” on Wednesday with a matchup against Syracuse with Jameson Taillon on the hill. The game was suspended in the top of the fifth with Scranton on top 4-2, and it’ll be resumed tomorrow.
Tampa Tarpons: A lackluster effort saw Tampa lose their second in a row to Bradenton, this one by a 6-1 margin. They’re headed back to GMS Field now, but they face the tall order of winning three in a row to capture the Low-A Southeast championship.
- Star of the Game: Benjamin Cowles – 1-for-4, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 3 strikeouts. Cowles homered with two outs in the second inning to tie the score at one, but that would be the only offense Tampa would muster all night
- Cooper Bowman: 2-for-4, 1 double, 1 stolen base
- Kyle Battle: 2-for-2, 1 walk
- Blane Abeyta: 2.1 IP, 6 H, 6 R (4 ER), 1 BB, 5 K, 61 pitches (39 strikes)
- Wellington Diaz: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 34 pitches (21 strikes)
- Harold Cortijo: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 35 pitches (22 strikes)
- Danny Watson: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 14 pitches (9 strikes)
- Carson Coleman: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 14 pitches (10 strikes). Diaz, Cortijo, Watson, and Coleman combined for 5.2 innings, two hits, one walk and six strikeouts