While the four full-season affiliates enjoyed their Monday off-day, the FCL Yanks got back in action, and fans got to experience a long-awaited milestone.
FCL Yankees (3-1): Raimfer Salinas and the Yanks rallied to tie the score in the top of the ninth and went on to win in extras, 8-7 over the Blue Jays.
- Star of the Game: Marcos Cabrera – 2-for-3, 1 home run (1), 2 RBI, 2 runs scored, 1 strikeout. The 19-year-old Cabrera, signed three years ago out of DR, hit a two-run shot to left in the sixth
- Alex Vargas: 0-for-4, 2 strikeouts
- Jasson Dominguez: 1-for-3, 1 walk. There it is! Dominguez slapped a grounder to center field in the seventh for his first professional hit. And oh yeah, he walked again too – make it six on the year already
- Raimfer Salinas: 1-for-2, 1 triple, 1 run scored. Salinas entered as a defensive replacement for Dominguez in the eighth and made his presence felt, kick-starting the Yanks’ ninth-inning rally with a triple and scoring on a wild pitch
- Everson Pereira: 0-for-2, 2 walks, 1 strikeout
- Ryder Green: 1-for-4, 1 double, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
- Dionys Vallejo: 1-for-1, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 walk. The 21-year-old’s tenth-inning single put the Yankees ahead
- Juan Carela: 3 IP, 2 H, 2 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 4 K
- Leonardo Pestana: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Starling Perez: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K
- Denny Larrondo: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K. Larrondo took home a win in his first appearance of 2021
- Jarod Lessar: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 0 K. Lessar, who at 24 years old is five or six years the senior of some of his teammates, made his professional debut after signing in 2020. He was shaky, but after giving up two runs was able to get out of a jam to record the save.
You must be logged in to post a comment.