With rain in the forecast and the New York Yankees on the West Coast, only two affiliates were in action on Friday night. In Tampa, they were able to drive in all of their runs on non-hits. Meanwhile, in Charleston, one starter kept the opponent from getting in the hit column and the offense had a couple of home runs. Read about who hit the home runs and more in tonight’s Pinstriped Performances:
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (9-9) had their game against the Syracuse Mets suspended due to rain. They will resume the game Saturday as part of a doubleheader beginning at 4:05. The Railriders trail 1-0 in the bottom of the first.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (10-7) had their series opener against the Erie SeaWolves postponed due to rain. They will make up the game as part of a doubleheader on Saturday with Game 1 beginning at 5:30.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (9-13) lost their game against the Clearwater Threshers, 5-3.
- Dermis Garcia went 0-for-2 with a walk and a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the fourth (23).
- Chris Hess was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI (2).
- Miguel Yajure (1-3) took the loss in his start. He allowed five runs (two earned) on seven hits, struck out four, and walked one over 5.2 innings. 64 of his 98 pitches were for strikes.
- Wellington Diaz finished the night with 3.2 scoreless innings of relief. He allowed two hits, struck out a batter, and walked three in his 2019 season debut.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (10-12) picked up an 8-3 win over the Columbia Fireflies on Friday.
- Wilkerman Garcia went 3-for-5 with a double an RBI single in the eighth (1).
- Josh Breaux was 2-for-5 with a pair of RBI singles (11,12). He has five RBIs in the last three games.
- Junior Soto went 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the fourth (1).
- Canaan Smith was 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the fourth (10).
- Kyle Gray went 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the fifth (8). It was his first multi-hit game since April 15.
- Brandon Lockridge also had a multi-hit game as he went 2-for-5 with a double.
- Luis Gil (1-1) threw five hitless innings in a victory. He struck out eight batters and walked three on 80 pitches (49 strikes). He has allowed one hit combined while striking out 17 in his last two starts.
- Shawn Semple finished the game and picked up his third save of the year. He allowed three runs on five hits and struck out two over four innings. He has 32 strikeouts in five outings.