Due to rain, the schedule was a little bit abbreviated in the New York Yankees organization. In the seven different games that were completed (two GCL teams played each other), there was a combined record of 5-3. Trenton had one of the Yankees top prospects continue his rehab assignment and there was a walk-off in Tampa. Meanwhile, in the Gulf Coast League, one prospect had a multi-home run game. Find out who that player was in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (76-46) defeated the Toronto Blue Jays, 7-5, in seven innings.
- Giancarlo Stanton was 2-for-4 with a solo home run (31) in the bottom of the seventh.
- Neil Walker went 1-for-3 with a go-ahead three-run home run in the fourth (7).
- Didi Gregorius (1-for-3) hit an RBI triple in the first (70).
- Miguel Andujar was 2-for-3 with an RBI double in the first (60).
- Gleyber Torres went 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI (53).
- Lance Lynn went four innings in his start. He allowed five runs on six hits, struck out five, and walked three on 99 pitches (62 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Chad Green (6-2) allowed one hit and struck out a batter over two scoreless innings in a win.
- David Robertson struck out two in a 1-2-3 seventh as he picked up his third save.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (63-58) had their game against the Norfolk Tides postponed due to rain. They will play a doubleheader on Saturday with Game 1 taking place at 5:05 p.m.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (66-56) won their series opener against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, 3-1.
- Jhalan Jackson went 1-for-4 with a solo home run in the bottom of the sixth (16)
- Trey Amburgey was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the first (66).
- Rashad Crawford had the only multi-hit game (2-for-3).
- Jonathan Loaisiga got the start as he continued his rehab assignment. In 1.1 innings of work, he allowed one run on one hit, struck out two, and walked two on 41 pitches (22 strikes).
- Phillip Diehl allowed three hits and struck out four over 2.2 scoreless innings.
- Matt Wivinis struck out a batter in 1.1 perfect innings of relief as he got his second save.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (60-64) defeated the Daytona Tortugas in walk-off fashion, 3-2, in 10 innings.
- Diego Castillo was the hero in this game. He was 1-for-4 with a walk-off single in the 10th (45).
- Dom Thompson-Williams went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Albert Abreu took a no-decision in his outing. He went 5.1 innings, allowed two runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked one on 71 pitches (49 strikes).
- Kaleb Ort allowed one hit and struck out five over 2.2 scoreless innings of relief.
- Greg Weissert (2-2) did not allow a hit over the final two innings in a win. He struck out three and walked one.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (56-64) were defeated by the Delmarva Shorebirds, 4-2.
- Dermis Garcia went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the first (40).
- Frederick Cuevas (1-for-3) was the only player with a triple.
- Carlos Vidal (1-for-5), Oswaldo Cabrera (1-for-4), and Chris Hess (1-for-4) all had a double.
- Alex Mauricio threw six shutout innings in a no-decision. He allowed five hits, struck out a batter, and walked one on 83 pitches (54 strikes).
- Anderson Severino allowed two unearned runs on two hits and struck out a batter over 1.1 innings of work.
- Dalton Higgins (5-5) allowed two runs on three hits and only got two outs in the eighth as he took the loss.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (29-26) had their game against the Vermont Lake Monsters suspended in the top of the fifth due to rain as they lead the game, 7-1. The game will be resumed at 5:05 p.m on Saturday as part of a doubleheader.
- Kyle Gray went 1-for-2 with a walk and he hit a solo home run in the fourth (5). It is his fourth home run in August.
- Junior Soto is 2-for-2 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Alex Junior is 1-for-3 with a double and two RBIs (10,11).
- Eric Wagaman (1-for-3) and Canaan Smith (1-for-2, walk) both have a double.
- Rodney Hutchison pitched all four innings before the suspension. He allowed one run on five hits, struck out three, and walked two on 73 pitches (43 strikes).
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (28-28) got their record up to .500 with an 8-1 win over the Kingsport Mets.
- Evan Alexander went 3-for-4 with two triples, a solo home run in the bottom of the fifth (3) and three RBIs (15,16,17).
- Juan De Leon was 2-for-4 with a triple and a two-run home run in the fourth (5).
- Oswald Peraza went 3-for-3 with a walk, two stolen bases, and an RBI single in the seventh (6).
- Max Burt had a multi-hit game (2-for-4).
- Mickey Gasper (0-for-4) drove in a run on a groundout in the first (23).
- Luis Gil (2-1) threw five shutout innings in a win. He allowed two hits, struck out seven, and walked three on 78 pitches (44 strikes).
- Pedro Barrios pitched the final four innings and got the save (1). He allowed one run on two hits and struck out four.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West (22-24) defeated the East squad (16-31), 8-5.
- Isaiah Pasteur was 3-for-5 with a stolen base and a solo home run in the bottom of the first (4).
- Jesus Severino went 1-for-3 with a walk and a three-run home run in the fourth (3).
- Chace Numata was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (3).
- Anderson Munoz went 2.1 innings in his start. He allowed five runs on five hits, struck out a batter, and walked three in a no-decision.
- Anyelo Luna (1-3) pitched three innings of relief. He allowed two runs on four hits, struck out two, and walked one in a loss.
- Jairo Garcia allowed one run on five hits, struck out a batter, and walked two over the final three innings.
- Anthony Garcia went 3-for-5 with a stolen base and a pair of solo home runs (8,9) in the top of the first and third inning.
- Jesus Graterol was 2-for-3 with three RBIs (6,7,8).
- Roberto Chirinos went 1-for-5 with a pair of RBIs (12,13).
- Hemmanuel Rosario went 3-for-5 with a double.
- Stanley Rosario was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Carlos D. Rodriguez got the start. In four innings of work, he allowed three runs on four hits, struck out three, and walked one in a no-decision.
- Wilser Barrios (3-0) came in after Rodriguez. He allowed one run on two hits, struck out a batter, and walked one in the win.
- Jackson Bertsch allowed three hits and struck out two over the final two innings for his fifth save of the year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (26-38) were no-hit by the DSL Nationals in a 1-0 loss.
- Bias Castano (1-5) went five innings, allowed one run on four hits and struck out five in a loss.
- Yon Garcia allowed two hits, struck out one batter, and walked one without allowing a run in the final three innings.