Due to two postponements in the New York Yankees organization on Friday, there were only seven games played and the teams combined for a 2-5 record. Two teams in the organization had three hits or fewer. Meanwhile, Trenton used three relievers to win a close game and a Tampa outfielder eclipsed 20 stolen bases for the season. Find out who that player was and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (68-40) were held to one hit in a 4-1 loss to the Boston Red Sox.
- Miguel Andujar had the only hit (1-for-3) with a solo home run in the top of the third (14).
- Luis Severino (14-5) went 5.2 innings, allowed four runs on seven hits, struck out two, and walked three on 115 pitches (73 pitches) in a loss.
- David Robertson walked a batter while not allowing a hit over 1.1 scoreless innings.
- Tommy Kahnle struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (57-51) had their game postponed against the Buffalo Bisons. They will play a doubleheader on Saturday with Game 1 beginning at 5 p.m.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (62-48) scored both of their runs in the ninth as they beat the Hartford Yard Goats, 2-1.
- Ryan Lidge (2-for-3, walk) and Rashad Crawford (2-for-4, stolen base) had the only multi-hit games.
- Trey Amburgey and Brandon Wagner both went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Wendell Rijo (0-for-3, walk) broke a 0-0 tie in the top of the ninth with an RBI groundout (6).
- Phillip Diehl came in after Foley. He allowed one hit, struck out a batter, and walked one over 3.1 shutout innings.
- Matt Frawley (1-0) pitched the final two innings in the win. He allowed one run on two hits and struck out four.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (55-55) lost 8-4 to the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- Ben Ruta went 2-for-4 with a walk, two stolen bases, and he hit a two-run double in the third (24,25).
- Daniel Barrios (0-for-2, two walks) drove in a run on a walk in the third (3).
- Dalton Lehnen went three innings, allowed three runs on five hits, struck out three, and walked one on 50 pitches (30 strikes).
- Christian Morris came in after Lehnen. He allowed one run on two hits, struck out two, and walked one in 2.1 innings of work.
- Hobie Harris allowed one hit and struck out a batter over 1.2 innings.
- Andrew Schwaab (1-4) was the losing pitcher. He went two innings, allowed three runs on four hits, struck out a batter, and walked two.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (51-57) had three hits in a 4-2 loss to the Delmarva Shorebirds.
- Leonardo Molina went 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the fifth (33).
- Carlos Vidal had the other hit for Charleston (1-for-4, triple).
- Alex Mauricio threw six shutout innings in a no-decision. He allowed three hits, struck out three, and walked one on 80 pitches (52 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins (5-3) took the loss in relief. In two innings of work, he allowed four runs (three earned) on three hits, struck out two, and walked one on 43 pitches (27 strikes).
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (25-20) had their game against the Connecticut Tigers postponed. They will play a doubleheader on Saturday with Game 1 beginning at 5 p.m.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (18-25) lost their series opener to the Elizabethton Twins, 7-6.
- David Metzgar was 3-for-4 with an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth (5).
- Mickey Gasper (1-for-4, walk) hit a two-run home run in the fifth (5).
- Ezequiel Duran had a multi-hit game (2-for-5).
- Robert Javier was 0-for-3 with a sacrifice fly in the sixth (16).
- Evan Alexander (0-for-5) had an RBI groundout in the third (8).
- Pedro Espinola went 4.2 innings, gave up five runs (four earned) on six hits, struck out four, and walked three on 90 pitches (51 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Jhonatan Munoz (1-2) took the loss in relief. In 3.1 innings of work, he allowed two runs on four hits, struck out two, and walked one on 49 pitches (30 strikes).
- Yoiber Marquina struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West squad (17-19) defeated the GCL Blue Jays in walk-off fashion, 3-2.
- Luis Santos went 1-for-3 with a triple and had a walk-off walk (7).
- Jose Martinez went 1-for-3 with a double.
- Antonio Arias was 0-for-2 with an RBI (6).
- Deivi Diaz got the start. He went five innings, gave up two runs on three hits, struck out four, and walked two in a no-decision.
- Kyle Johnson came in after Diaz. He struck out two batters and walked one in two hitless innings.
- Bringnel Mendez (1-1) struck out five batters and allowed two hits in the final two innings as he got the win.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (22-31) lost 1-0 to DSL Cardinals Blue.
- Angel Rojas and Nelson Medina both went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Ronny Rojas was 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Carlos Gomez (0-3) went 4.2 innings, gave up one run on three hits, struck out six, and walked three in a loss.
- Albert Carrizo allowed one hit, struck out a batter, and walked two in 2.1 scoreless innings of relief.
- Franyer Hernandez struck out four batters and allowed one hit over the final two innings.