Friday the 13th was not a very lucky day in the New York Yankees organization. In the 11 games that were played (GCL West had a doubleheader), the teams combined for a 3-8 record with no team ahead of the Short-Season level getting a win. Staten Island had one of their outfielders have a pair of RBI doubles while a Pulaski starter gave up a run over six innings. Meanwhile, Trenton had a couple of players shine in an extra-inning loss. Find out those players were and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (61-32) lost 6-5 to the Cleveland Indians.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 1-for-4 and hit a solo home run in the top of the ninth (23).
- Brett Gardner (0-for-3) drove in two runs without getting a hit (32,33).
- Neil Walker (1-for-3, walk) had an RBI double in the fifth (18).
- Greg Bird (2-for-4) and Tyler Wade (2-for-3) had multi-hit games for the Yankees.
- Domingo German (2-5) took the loss. In four innings of work, he gave up six runs on five hits, struck out six, and walked four on 91 pitches (52 strikes).
- Jonathan Holder allowed one hit, struck out two, and walked a batter in two scoreless innings.
- Chasen Shreve allowed two hits, struck out three, and walked one without allowing a run in the final two innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (46-43) only had two hits in their 9-1 loss to the Rochester Red Wings.
- Francisco Diaz had the lone two hits of the game (2-for-3).
- Josh Rogers (6-7) went seven innings, gave up seven runs on 13 hits, and struck out two on 99 pitches (66 strikes).
- Raynel Espinal threw a 1-2-3 eighth inning.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (50-40) lost to the Richmond Flying Squirrels, 7-6, in 10 innings.
- Devyn Bolasky (4-for-5) with an RBI single in the bottom of the fifth (9). He is hitting .404 in 27 games.
- Gosuke Katoh (1-for-4, walk) had an RBI double in the eighth (20).
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-5 with a double and drove in his 50th run of the year on a base hit in the 10th.
- Jeff Hendrix (1-for-4) drove in three runs in this game (8,9,10).
- Jordan Foley allowed an unearned run on three hits and struck out two in two scoreless innings.
- David Sosebee (1-2) took the loss in relief. He gave up three runs (two earned) on four hits, struck out three, and walked two over 1.2 innings of work.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (47-44) lost their series opener to the Dunedin Blue Jays, 9-2.
- Diego Castillo had the lone multi-hit game for Tampa (2-for-3, double, stolen base).
- Isiah Gilliam (0-for-4) drove in his 52nd run of the year.
- Hoy Jun Park (1-for-4) and Rashad Crawford (1-for-4) had the other hits for the Tarpons.
- Adonis Rosa (9-3) had a rough night on the mound. He went three innings, gave up four runs on five hits, struck out a batter, and walked four on 74 pitches (40 strikes).
- Matt Frawley gave up a hit and struck out four in 2.2 scoreless innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (45-43) had their comeback effort fall short in a 7-6 loss to the Delmarva Shorebirds.
- Dermis Garcia went 2-for-4 and hit a three-run home run in the bottom of the eighth (8).
- Oswaldo Cabrera and Jason Lopez both went 2-for-4 for Charleston.
- Mitchell Hansen (1-for-4) drove in two runs with a triple in the fifth (3,4).
- Miguel Yajure (2-1) took his first loss of the year. He went 3.1 innings, gave up five runs on eight hits, struck out four, and walked one on 70 pitches (47 strikes).
- Kyle Zurak allowed two hits and struck out two in three scoreless innings of relief.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (14-13) completed the sweep of the Mahoning Valley Scrappers with a 5-2 win.
- Eric Wagaman went 2-for-4 with a double and a two-run single in the bottom of the first (6,7).
- Matt Sauer (2-1) went five innings, gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits, struck out seven, and walked one on 97 pitches (66 strikes) in a win.
- Frank German allowed one hit, struck out five batters, and walked one in three scoreless innings out of the bullpen.
- Garrett Mundell struck out two batters in a 1-2-3 ninth as he got his second save.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (11-13) defeated the Bristol Pirates by a score of 8-1.
- Carlos Tatis went 3-for-4 with two doubles and he drove in three runs (5,6,7).
- Everson Pereira was 3-for-4 with a double, a stolen base, and a pair of RBIs (13,14).
- Max Burt (2-for-4) had an RBI double in the bottom of the sixth (12).
- Carlos Narvaez (2-for-4) had a walk and an RBI single in the first (3).
- Luis Rijo (3-1) went six innings, gave up a run on five hits, struck out eight, and walked one on 86 pitches (62 strikes).
- Gilmael Troya gave up a hit, struck out two, and walked two over the final three innings as he got his first save.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The two GCL teams went 1-2 in the three games that were played. The East squad (7-14) defeated the GCL Braves 8-3. The West team (10-10) got shut out in both games against GCL Tigers West. They lost Game 1, 13-0, and Game 2, 5-0.
- Estevan Florial went 2-for-5 with a double and drove in two runs (5,6).
- Ryder Green (1-for-5) hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the first (2).
- Isaiah Pasteur went 2-for-4 with a pair of RBIs (3,4).
- Alexander Santana was 2-for-4 with a walk, a pair of doubles, and an RBI (3).
- Asdrubal Alvarez went 2-for-4 with an RBI (6).
- Tanner Myatt went three innings in his start. He gave up two runs on two hits and struck out four in a no-decision.
- Abismael Villaman (1-0) got the win in relief. In five innings of work, he gave up a run on five hits and struck out six.
- Keegan Curtis struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
- Stanley Rosario (1-for-3, stolen base) and Matt Pita (1-for-2) were the only players who had hits.
- Leonardo Pestana (1-1) had a rough start. He went two innings, gave up eight runs on nine hits, struck out two batters, and walked three in a loss.
- Anthony Garcia had the lone multi-hit game (2-for-3, double).
- Roberto Chirinos (1-for-4) and Jose Martinez (1-for-2, walk) were the other players with hits.
- Deivi Diaz (0-1) went four innings, gave up four runs on eight hits, struck out a batter, and walked two in a loss.
- Sean Boyle gave up a run on one hit and struck out three in the final two innings.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (16-20) defeated the DSL Angels, 5-3, in 10 innings.
- Angel Rojas went 2-for-4 with a stolen base, a triple, and an RBI (13).
- Bryant Arrieche was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (3).
- Dionys Vallejo and Jhoiner Rodriguez both went 1-for-4 in the win.
- Alfred Vega did not give up a run over five innings. He allowed three hits and struck out five.
- Diego Cordero (2-1) struck out a batter over 1.2 perfect innings as he got the win in relief.