See the top performances here: https://t.co/1sSyJF7E3A
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) April 23, 2019
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (8-7) lost to the Rochester Red Wings, 8-6.
- Gosuke Katoh: 2-for-4
Katoh is now hitting .300/.378/.650 in 12 games this season with two doubles, four home runs, and 11 RBIs. It was his second consecutive multi-hit game.
- Trey Amburgey: 1-for-5, 1 home run, 1 run scored, 3 RBIs
Amburgey is hitting .288/.323/.441 in 14 games. The home run was his first of the season and came in the third inning.
- Billy Burns: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 RBI, 1 double
- Ryan McBroom: 1-for-3 1 run scored, 1 walk
- JP Feyereisen: 0.2 IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0SO
Threw just five pitches in the game.
- Stephen Tarpley: 0.2 IP 1H 1R 1ER 1BB 2 SO
Threw 13/23 pitches for strikes (57%)
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Trenton Thunder and New Hampshire Fisher Cats were postponed due to inclement weather. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Tuesday starting at 5:35 pm. Trevor Stephan and Nick Green are scheduled to start game one and two respectfully.
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tampa Tarpons (7-11) defeated the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 9-4.
- Pablo Olivares: 2-for-4, 1 run scored
- Diego Castillo: 1-for-4
Castillo now has an eight-game hitting streak, dating back to April 14. His batting average has risen from .051 to .175 in that time as he is 10-for-29 (.345) during the streak with three doubles, a home run, and six walks.
- Dermis Garcia: 3-for-5, 3 runs scored, 2 RBIs, 1 home run
Garcia hit his sixth home run of the season and now is the organizational leader in home runs. Garcia also leads the Yankees organization in RBIs with 20 this season. He has a six-game hitting streak, going 11-for-26 (.423) in those six games with two doubles, five home runs, and 11 RBIs.
- Isiah Gilliam: 2-for-4, 2 runs scored, 2 RBIs, 1 walk
Gilliam’ had a single and a double.
- Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-for-4 with 2 runs scored
- Steven Sensley: 1-for-5 1 run scored, 3 RBIs, 1 home run
- Frank German: 5IP 3H 1R 1ER 4BB 5SO
German threw 44/80 pitches for strikes (55%).
- Janson Junk: 3IP 2R 2ER 5BB 2SO
31/62 pitchers were strikes (50%)
- Braden Bristo: 1IP 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 2SO
Bristo threw 12/19 pitches for strikes (63%).
Charleston RiverDogs (Class-A): The RiverDogs (8-9) were defeated by the Kannapolis Intimidators, 7-1.
- Gary Sanchez: 0-for-3, 2 passed balls
Sanchez played in five innings before leaving the game to head to the west coast. This was his first rehab game after going on the injured list.
- Wilkerman Garcia: 1-for-4
This was Garcia’s 2019 debut after going down with a hamstring injury during minor league spring training.
- Canaan Smith: 1-for-4
Smith has an eight-game hitting streak, going 8-for-27 (.296) during that stretch with a home run, 7 RBIs, four walks, and one walk.
- Josh Breaux: 2-for-4
- Josh Stowers: 1-for-4, 1 stolen base.
Stowers has a six-game hitting streak, he is 10/25 (.400) during that stretch with two doubles, an RBI and three walks.
- Eric Wagaman: 1-for-3, 1 home run, 1 run scored, 1 RBI
Wagaman had the lone run scored and RBI for the RiverDogs with his first home run of the season.
- Alexander Vizcaino: 4.2 IP 5H 4R 4ER 2BB 5SO
54/94 pitches were for strikes (57%)
- Anderson Munoz: 2 IP 2H 3R 3ER 4BB 5SO
12/77 pitches were for strikes (16%)
- Dalton Higgins: 2.1IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 4SO
20/28 pitches were for strikes (71%)