On an abbreviated day in the New York Yankees organization on Monday, their affiliates combined to go 2-4 in the six games that were played. The only wins came in two of the Rookie leagues. Meanwhile, Pulaski’s third baseman had three extra-base hits and three RBIs in a losing effort. Find out who that player was and much more in our Pinstriped Performances
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (74-44) lost 8-5 in their makeup game against the New York Mets.
- Aaron Hicks was 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI single in the bottom of the third (56).
- Miguel Andujar was 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the eighth (18).
- Didi Gregorius was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fifth (69).
- Brett Gardner went 1-for-4 with a walk and a double.
- Luis Severino (15-6) took the loss in his start. He went four innings, allowed four runs on seven hits, struck out six, and walked one on 98 pitches (64 strikes).
- Chad Green allowed one hit in a 1-2-3 fifth.
- George Kontos allowed one hit and struck out two over 1.2 scoreless innings.
- Zach Britton allowed one run on three hits and struck out a batter in the ninth.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (61-56) had their game against the Indianapolis Indians postponed due to rain. They will play a doubleheader on Tuesday with Game 1 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (58-62) lost 7-6 to the Palm Beach Cardinals in 10 innings.
- Hoy Jun Park led the team in hits as he went 3-for-5.
- Diego Castillo was 2-for-5 with an RBI single in the sixth (41).
- Isiah Gilliam (1-for-5) had a two-run double in the sixth (65,66).
- Ben Ruta was 2-for-4 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the sixth (35).
- Rony Garcia went five innings in his start. He allowed four runs on eight hits, struck out a batter, and walked one on 96 pitches (68 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Kyle Zurak (0-2) allowed an unearned run on two hits and struck out one batter in the loss.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (54-63) lost a 4-3 game to the Hagerstown Suns.
- Carlos Vidal was 0-for-3 with a walk and an RBI (22).
- Chris Hess and Eduardo Navas had the other two hits (both went 1-for-4).
- Nolan Martinez went four innings, allowed one run on one hit, struck out five, and walked three on 74 pitches (42 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Alexander Vargas threw three shutout innings in relief of Martinez. He allowed two hits and struck out two.
- Dalton Higgins (5-4) allowed three runs on three hits and walked a batter over the final two innings as he took the loss.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (25-28) had their comeback effort fall short in a 9-8 loss to the Danville Braves.
- Nelson Gomez went 3-for-5 with two doubles, a two-run home run in the bottom of the fourth (9), and three RBIs (21,22,23).
- Everson Pereira was 1-for-5 with a two-run triple in the eighth and three RBIs (24,25,26).
- Max Burt went 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI triple in the eighth (17).
- Juan De Leon (1-for-4) had an RBI double in the eighth (18).
- Carlos Tatis also had a multi-hit game (2-for-5, double).
- Wellington Caceres (0-3) took the loss in his start. He went 4.1 innings, allowed three runs on six hits, and struck out four on 65 pitches (48 strikes).
- Austin Gardner struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West (21-22) picked up a 6-4 victory over the GCL Blue Jays.
- Stanley Rosario was 1-for-5 with three RBIs (15,16,17).
- Chace Numata went 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI (1) as he began his rehab assignment.
- Anthony Garcia went 2-for-3 with two walks, a stolen base, and an RBI (16).
- Jesus Graterol (2-for-4) also had a multi-hit game.
- Randy Vasquez took a no-decision in his start. He went four innings, allowed one run on two hits, struck out two, and walked one.
- Argelis Herrera allowed an unearned run on one hit, struck out a batter, and walked two in the fifth.
- Diego Cordero (1-0) got the win in relief. He allowed one run on three hits and struck out a batter over two innings.
- Jackson Bertsch struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth for his fourth save of the year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (24-37) defeated DSL Phillies Red, 5-2.
- Deivi Munoz went 3-for-5 with two stolen bases, a double, and an RBI (19).
- Dionys Vallejo was 1-for-5 with a double and two RBIs (11,12).
- Enyberth Ascanio went 1-for-4 with a double, a walk, and an RBI (16).
- Carlos Moreno was 1-for-3 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI (10).
- Alfred Vega (3-6) threw five shutout innings in a win. He allowed two hits, struck out one batter, and walked one.
- Juan Carderon allowed an unearned run on three hits, struck out two, and walked one over two innings.
- Ismael Gomez allowed an unearned run on two hits, struck out three, and walked one over the final two innings as he got his second save.
You must be logged in to post a comment.