On an abbreviated day in the New York Yankees organization on Monday, their affiliates combined to go 2-4 in the six games that were played. The only wins came in two of the Rookie leagues. Meanwhile, Pulaski’s third baseman had three extra-base hits and three RBIs in a losing effort. Find out who that player was and much more in our Pinstriped Performances
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (74-44) lost 8-5 in their makeup game against the New York Mets.
- Aaron Hicks was 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI single in the bottom of the third (56).
- Miguel Andujar was 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the eighth (18).
- Didi Gregorius was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fifth (69).
- Brett Gardner went 1-for-4 with a walk and a double.
- Luis Severino (15-6) took the loss in his start. He went four innings, allowed four runs on seven hits, struck out six, and walked one on 98 pitches (64 strikes).
- Chad Green allowed one hit in a 1-2-3 fifth.
- George Kontos allowed one hit and struck out two over 1.2 scoreless innings.
- Zach Britton allowed one run on three hits and struck out a batter in the ninth.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (61-56) had their game against the Indianapolis Indians postponed due to rain. They will play a doubleheader on Tuesday with Game 1 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (58-62) lost 7-6 to the Palm Beach Cardinals in 10 innings.
- Hoy Jun Park led the team in hits as he went 3-for-5.
- Diego Castillo was 2-for-5 with an RBI single in the sixth (41).
- Isiah Gilliam (1-for-5) had a two-run double in the sixth (65,66).
- Ben Ruta was 2-for-4 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the sixth (35).
- Rony Garcia went five innings in his start. He allowed four runs on eight hits, struck out a batter, and walked one on 96 pitches (68 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Kyle Zurak (0-2) allowed an unearned run on two hits and struck out one batter in the loss.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (54-63) lost a 4-3 game to the Hagerstown Suns.
- Carlos Vidal was 0-for-3 with a walk and an RBI (22).
- Chris Hess and Eduardo Navas had the other two hits (both went 1-for-4).
- Nolan Martinez went four innings, allowed one run on one hit, struck out five, and walked three on 74 pitches (42 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Alexander Vargas threw three shutout innings in relief of Martinez. He allowed two hits and struck out two.
- Dalton Higgins (5-4) allowed three runs on three hits and walked a batter over the final two innings as he took the loss.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (25-28) had their comeback effort fall short in a 9-8 loss to the Danville Braves.
- Nelson Gomez went 3-for-5 with two doubles, a two-run home run in the bottom of the fourth (9), and three RBIs (21,22,23).
- Everson Pereira was 1-for-5 with a two-run triple in the eighth and three RBIs (24,25,26).
- Max Burt went 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI triple in the eighth (17).
- Juan De Leon (1-for-4) had an RBI double in the eighth (18).
- Carlos Tatis also had a multi-hit game (2-for-5, double).
- Wellington Caceres (0-3) took the loss in his start. He went 4.1 innings, allowed three runs on six hits, and struck out four on 65 pitches (48 strikes).
- Austin Gardner struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West (21-22) picked up a 6-4 victory over the GCL Blue Jays.
- Stanley Rosario was 1-for-5 with three RBIs (15,16,17).
- Chace Numata went 1-for-3 with a double and an RBI (1) as he began his rehab assignment.
- Anthony Garcia went 2-for-3 with two walks, a stolen base, and an RBI (16).
- Jesus Graterol (2-for-4) also had a multi-hit game.
- Randy Vasquez took a no-decision in his start. He went four innings, allowed one run on two hits, struck out two, and walked one.
- Argelis Herrera allowed an unearned run on one hit, struck out a batter, and walked two in the fifth.
- Diego Cordero (1-0) got the win in relief. He allowed one run on three hits and struck out a batter over two innings.
- Jackson Bertsch struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth for his fourth save of the year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (24-37) defeated DSL Phillies Red, 5-2.
- Deivi Munoz went 3-for-5 with two stolen bases, a double, and an RBI (19).
- Dionys Vallejo was 1-for-5 with a double and two RBIs (11,12).
- Enyberth Ascanio went 1-for-4 with a double, a walk, and an RBI (16).
- Carlos Moreno was 1-for-3 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI (10).
- Alfred Vega (3-6) threw five shutout innings in a win. He allowed two hits, struck out one batter, and walked one.
- Juan Carderon allowed an unearned run on three hits, struck out two, and walked one over two innings.
- Ismael Gomez allowed an unearned run on two hits, struck out three, and walked one over the final two innings as he got his second save.