With three teams off on Monday night, there were only seven games played in the New York Yankees and the only team to pick up a win was Staten Island (1-6). There were three shutouts overall and in every loss, the affiliate was held to three runs or fewer. On Staten Island, one pitcher is working his way back to the upper levels of the farm system on his rehab assignment. Find out who that pitcher was and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (68-58) were held to three hits in a 4-0 loss to the Hartford Yard Goats.
- Jhalan Jackson and Danienger Perez both were 1-for-3.
- Luis Cessa (0-1) took the loss for Trenton. He went six innings, allowed three runs on four hits, struck out eight, and walked one on 100 pitches (62 strikes).
- Phillip Diehl allowed one hit, struck out a batter, and walked one over two scoreless innings.
- Chase Hodson allowed a run on two hits and walked a batter in the ninth.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (57-66) were held to five hits in a 9-0 loss to the West Virginia Power.
- Welfrin Mateo ended up going 1-for-4.
- Wilkerman Garcia and Frederick Cuevas also were 1-for-4.
- Nolan Martinez (0-2) went 3.2 innings, allowed five runs on two hits, struck out three, and walked four on 75 pitches (44 strikes) in a loss.
- Anderson Severino allowed one run on two hits and struck out a batter over the final 1.1 innings.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (32-27) began their series against the Lowell Spinners with a 7-1 win.
- Eduardo Torrealba went 3-for-4 with three RBI singles (15,16,17).
- Jesus Bastidas was 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI single in the bottom of the fourth (13).
- Miguel Flames went 3-for-4 with an RBI single in the fourth (7).
- Alex Junior was 1-for-3 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI (12).
- Ricardo Ferreira went 1-for-5 with an RBI triple (9).
- Domingo Acevedo got the start on his rehab assignment. He went two innings, allowed one run on two hits, and struck out a batter on 32 pitches (22 strikes).
- Frank German came in after Acevedo and dominated. He allowed one hit and struck out seven over three scoreless innings on 46 pitches (31 strikes).
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (29-30) lost 6-2 to the Bristol Pirates.
- Mickey Gasper was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the top of the eighth (24).
- Oswald Peraza (0-for-4) had an RBI groundout in the eighth (7).
- Carlos Narvaez (1-for-3, double) and Griffin Garabito (1-for-4) had the other hits for Pulaski.
- Kenily Montas (0-1) took the loss in his start for Pulaski. In four innings of work, he allowed six runs (five earned) on eight hits, struck out a batter, and walked two on 71 pitches (42 strikes).
- Austin Gardner allowed two hits and struck out four over three scoreless innings.
- Alex Mejias walked a batter and struck out one in a scoreless eighth.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West (23-25) lost 4-3 to the GCL Tigers West while the East (17-32) lost 3-0 to the GCL Braves.
- Alexander Santana had the only multi-hit game as he went 2-for-4.
- Jose Villa and Matt McGarry were both 1-for-3.
- Juan Then did not allow a run over six innings. He allowed three hits and struck out five in a no-decision.
- Tanner Myatt struck out one of the two batters he faced in the seventh.
- Jose Peguero (1-1) allowed two runs on two hits and struck out a batter over 1.1 innings of relief in a loss.
- Charlie Ruegger allowed a run on two hits and struck out two over an inning of work.
- Jesus Graterol was 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI (9).
- Luis Santos was 2-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Hemmanuel Rosario had the other hit as he went 1-for-4.
- Randy Vasquez threw 4.2 shutout innings in his start. He allowed four hits, struck out three, and walked two in a no-decision.
- Sean Boyle allowed one run on two hits, struck out three, and walked one over two innings.
- Havid Burgos (0-1) allowed three runs on five hits over the final 1.2 innings in a loss.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (26-40) lost 14-3 to GCL Cardinals Blue.
- Madison Santos was 1-for-3 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI (28).
- Juan Crisp went 1-for-3 with an RBI (23).
- Miguel Marte went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Angel Rojas was 2-for-4 with a triple.
- Angel Obando (1-4) went three innings in his start. He allowed two runs on five hits, struck out four, and walked two in a loss.
You must be logged in to post a comment.