On Monday, the New York Yankees and their organization went 4-3 in the seven games that were played. Scranton Wilkes-Barre needed extra innings to get a key win for their playoff chances, a Tampa outfielder reached a milestone stolen mark on the season, and a Charleston pitcher made a good first impression in his debut start for the Riverdogs. Find out more about those games in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (83-48) lost their series opener to the Chicago White Sox, 6-2.
- Gleyber Torres was 1-for-2 with two walks and hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the fourth (20).
- Luke Voit (1-for-4) and Ronald Torreyes (1-for-3, triple) had the other two hits for the Yankees.
- Masahiro Tanaka (9-5) took the loss in his start. He went seven innings, allowed four runs on 10 hits, struck out seven, and walked one on 98 pitches (71 strikes).
- Tommy Kahnle struck out one in a 1-2-3 eighth.
- A.J. Cole allowed two runs (one earned) on one hit and struck out a batter in the ninth.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (68-63) defeated the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, 9-8, in 10 innings.
- Gary Sanchez continued his rehab assignment and went 2-for-4 with a solo home run in the top of the first (3).
- Gio Urshela was 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the first (22).
- Ricky Surum was 2-for-4 with a two-run single in the fourth (2,3).
- Devyn Bolasky came in off the bench and had a two-run single in the 10th (5,6).
- Nestor Cortes took a no-decision in his start. In five innings of work, he allowed six runs on six hits, struck out four, and walked two on 100 pitches (63 strikes).
- Cale Coshow allowed two hits, struck out five, and walked two over 2.2 shutout innings of relief.
- Joe Harvey (3-2) got the win in relief. He allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits and struck out three over 2.1 innings.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (73-60) picked up a 5-1 win over the Altoona Curve.
- Jhalan Jackson was 2-for-4 with a solo home run in the top of the ninth (17) and three RBIs (42,43,44).
- Brandon Wagner went 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI single in the eighth (8).
- Gosuke Katoh was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Kyle Holder (0-for-3) drove in a run on a walk in the fifth (6).
- Trevor Stephan (3-8) went six innings, allowed one run on two hits, struck out four, and walked two on 78 pitches (45 strikes) in a win.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (67-66) defeated the Florida Fire Frogs, 3-1.
- Angel Aguilar went 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the bottom of the second (46).
- Hoy Jun Park was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fourth (34).
- Diego Castillo went 1-for-4 with a double and a stolen base.
- Deivi Garcia (2-0) threw 5.2 shutout innings in a win. He allowed five hits, struck out eight, and walked three on 91 pitches (56 strikes).
- Christian Morris allowed one hit and walked two over 1.1 scoreless innings of relief.
- Greg Weissert allowed one run on three hits, struck out two, and walked one over the final two innings as he got his fourth save.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (60-69) held the Columbia Fireflies to four hits in a 4-0 win.
- Welfrin Mateo was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the first (17).
- David Metzgar went 1-for-4 with a double out of the leadoff spot.
- Shawn Semple (1-0) was dominant in his Riverdogs debut. He threw six shutout innings, allowed no runs on two hits, and struck out ten on 95 pitches (66 strikes) in a win.
- Brooks Kriske allowed one hit and struck out three over two shutout innings of relief in his debut.
- Daniel Alvarez allowed one hit in a scoreless ninth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (34-32) were held to five hits in a 5-0 loss to the Hudson Valley Renegades.
- Eduardo Torrealba went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Josh Breaux (1-for-4) and Andres Chaparro (1-for-3) had the other hits.
- Frank German got the start. He allowed one hit, struck out three batters, and walked one over three shutout innings in a no-decision.
- Josh Maciejewski threw three shutout innings in his Staten Island debut. He allowed one hit and struck out three.
- Keegan Curtis (0-1) took the loss in relief. He allowed five runs on three hits and walked two while only getting one out in the seventh.
- Abel Duarte allowed one hit, struck out three, and walked two over the final 1.2 innings.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (31-35) lost 6-2 to the Elizabethton Twins as they began their final series of the season.
- Evan Alexander was 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI single in the fifth (22).
- Oswald Peraza went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the fifth (10).
- Mickey Gasper (1-for-4, double) and Isaiah Pasteur (1-for-3) had the other hits.
- Luis Medina (1-3) took the loss in his start. He went 3.2 innings, allowed four runs (two earned) on three hits, struck out four, and walked five on 79 pitches (38 strikes).
- Kenlly Montas allowed two runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked one over 3.2 innings.
- Alex Mejias retired both batters he faced in the eighth (one strikeout).