Monday was not a winning day in the New York Yankees organization. In the seven games that were played, the affiliates had a combined record of 1-6 as Pulaski got the only win thanks to two home runs from one of their players. Despite the losses, there were good performances on the mound from starters in Trenton and in Charleston as the Riverdogs had someone make their team debut. Find out who those players were and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (63-35) lost the series opener to the Tampa Bay Rays, 7-6.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 4-for-4 with a double and drove in two runs with a base hit in the top of the seventh (58,59).
- Miguel Andujar was 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the second (41).
- Gary Sanchez (1-for-5) had an RBI single in the sixth (42).
- Luis Severino (14-3) had a rough night on the mound. In five innings of work, he allowed seven runs (six earned) on 11 hits and struck out eight on 96 pitches (71 strikes) in a loss.
- Chad Green gave up a hit and struck out a batter in the sixth.
- Adam Warren allowed a hit and struck out three batters in the seventh.
- A.J. Cole struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 eighth.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (54-46) were held to four hits in a 4-0 loss to the Hartford Yard Goats.
- Ryan McBroom had the only multi-hit game as he went 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Kyle Holder and Mandy Alvarez both went 1-for-4 and had the other two hits for Trenton.
- Brody Koerner gave up one run on one hit, struck out two, and walked one over the final two innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (49-51) lost the series opener to the Bradenton Marauders, 7-4.
- Diego Castillo (1-for-1) had a game-tying two-run double in the bottom of the seventh (34,35).
- Angel Aguilar went 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and had an RBI (3
- Steven Sensley went 2-for-4 in his return to the lineup.
- Ronald Torreyes was 1-for-3 in his first game with the Tarpons.
- Dom Thompson-Williams (0-for-4) had an RBI groundout in the sixth (31).
- Nick Green went six innings, gave up four runs (two earned) on five hits, struck out four, and walked three on 98 pitches (62 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Kaleb Ort (0-1) took the loss in relief. He allowed three runs (two earned) on one hit, struck out two, and walked two in the seventh.
- Matt Wivinis allowed a hit, walked a batter, and struck out five in the final two innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (47-50) lost a pitchers duel, 2-1, to the Augusta Green Jackets.
- Jason Lopez had the only multi-hit game as he went 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Wilkerman Garcia drove in the only run for Charleston with an RBI single in the bottom of the eighth (30). He went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Eduardo Navas (1-for-2) and Chris Hess (1-for-4) had the other hits for Charleston.
- Dalton Higgins gave up a run on three hits and struck out three in 1.2 innings of work.
- Braden Bristo allowed one hit and struck out a batter in the final 1.1 innings.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (15-18) defeated the Bluefield Blue Jays, 6-3.
- Mickey Gasper was the star of this game. He went 3-for-4 with two home runs (1,2) and drove in four runs (6,7,8,9). He hit a two-run home run in the top of the third and a solo home run in the eighth.
- Nelson Gomez went 2-for-4 with a double and a solo home run in the eighth (6).
- Everson Pereira was 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the third (19).
- Carlos Narvaez had a 2-for-4 night at the plate.
- Pedro Barrios (1-0) went five innings, gave up three runs on six hits, struck out four, and walked two on 77 pitches (49 strikes) in a win.
- Gilmael Troya struck out four batters and walked one while not giving up a hit in the final four innings as he got his second save.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): While the West squad (13-12) had their game rained out, the East (10-16) lost 6-4 to the GCL Braves.
- Sandy Mota was 3-for-4 with a double, a triple, and he hit a solo home run in the top of the eighth (1).
- Ryder Green went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI (7).
- Brayan Jimenez had the other multi-hit game (2-for-5).
- Anderson Munoz (1-3) took the loss in his start. He went 3.2 innings, gave up a run on five hits, struck out two, and walked two.
- Keegan Curtis allowed one hit in a scoreless seventh inning.
- Charlie Ruegger allowed two hits in a scoreless eighth.
- Barrett Loseke allowed an unearned run on one hit and struck out a batter in the ninth.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (17-26) lost 6-3 to the DSL Rockies.
- Ronny Rojas went 1-for-4 and drove in his 15th run of the season.
- Anthony Valenzuela was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (18).
- Angel Rojas had a multi-hit game (2-for-4, double).
- Nelson Medina was 0-for-1 with three walks.
- Carlos Gomez (0-1) went four innings, gave up three runs on five hits, struck out four, and walked one in a loss.
- Felix Alonzo gave up an unearned run on two hits, struck out three batters, and walked one over three innings of work.