Today was trade-deadline day. As expected, the New York Yankees were active buyers acquiring pitcher Sonny Gray from the Athletics for three minor leaguers.
Now, to the field where it was a light day but the organization still managed to go 5-1.
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees beat the Detroit Tigers 7-3 to improve their record to 57-47.
- Aaron Judge went 1 for 2 with a walk, two runs, and a pair of RBI. He hit his Major-League leading 34th home run.
- Chase Headley had three hits in his four at bats. He scored a run and drove in 2.
- Luis Severino didn’t have his sharpest stuff, but he battled through 5 innings, throwing 116 pitches. He struck out 8 and allowed just one run. For the season he has an 8-4 record with an ERA just under 3.00
- Tommy Kahnle, Dellin Betances, Jonathan Holder, and Aroldis Chapman combined to pitch four innings and add seven more strikeouts for a total of 15.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The RailRiders had a scheduled day off keeping their record at 68-39.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder also had a planned day off. Their record is 72-34.
Tampa Yankees (High-A): Daytona managed to defeat Tampa via a walk off 1-0 win. Tampa drops to 63-44.
- Nick Solak went 0 for three but walked twice and stole a couple of bases.
- Jeff Hendrix was 2 for 4 with a walk
- Dillon Tate once again had a very strong outing, throwing 7.2 innings, allowing only five hits and a walk, with no runs and nine strikeouts. He lowered his ERA to 2.68.
Charleston RiverDogs (Class- A): 5-4 walk off win in 10 innings over the Fireflies. Their record improves to 58-48.
- Hoy Jun Park went 2 for 4 with a walk, two, runs scored, and 2 runs driven in. He hit his 6th HR of the season and scored the game ending run from second on a strikeout/ wild throw to first by the catcher.
- Adonis Rosa pitched six innings, allowing five hits and two runs (1earned) to go along with four strikeouts.
- David Sosebee contributed five strikeouts in His 2.2 frames.
State Island Yankees (Short Season-A): Field conditions were insufficient resulting in a postponement. The game will be made up as a doubleheader on Tuesday. Their record is 25-14.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie-Advance): The mini Yankees shut out Johnson City 7-0 to improve their record to 25-12.
- Dermis Garcia went 1 for 3 with a walk, 2 runs, two RBIs, and an HR (9). It’s his fourth straight game with a homer.
- Yeison Corredera was 2 For 4 with a triple.
- Steven Sensley went 2 for 3 with a walk, double, run, and RBI. He is currently batting .316.
- Alexander Vizcaino threw five innings with four hits, 0 runs. 0 walks, and 7 K.
- Jose Pujols 2 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, one walk, and 3 K.
- Juan Jimenez 2 innings, one hit, two walks, 4 K
Gulf Coast League Yankees East and West (Rookie): Tropical storm Emily wrecked Havoc on the two Gulf Coast League Yankees, as both teams were canceled.
East Their record remains at 14-13.
West Record is 13-13.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The Yankees defeated the Angels 7-3 running their record to 20-29.
- Luis Santos went 2 for 4 with a walk and a run scored.
- Carlos Tatis went 1 for 3 with two walks, three runs, 2 RBIs and an HR(7). He is hitting .320
- Antonio Arias went 3 for 4 with a walk, two runs, two RBIs, a triple, and his first home run. He was a double shy of the cycle and raised his average to .371.
- Starlin Paulino went 2 for 4 with a triple and 3 RBIs.
- Yoendrys Gomez threw four innings, allowing 4 hits, 1 earns run, no walks and striking out 5.