With Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre and Double-A Trenton on their All-Star breaks, there were seven affiliates in action, but nine games because of two doubleheaders (Yankees and GCL). In total, those teams combined for a 4-5 record. While a big leaguer finished a triple shy of the cycle, one affiliate got an extra-inning win while another squeaked out a 2-1 win thanks to a pair of solo home runs. Find out who were the key contributors in tonight’s Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (59-30) split their doubleheader against the Baltimore Orioles. They lost Game 1, 5-4 and they won Game 2, 10-2.
- Giancarlo Stanton (2-for-4) had the lone multi-hit game. He had a solo shot in the top of the second (22).
- Aaron Judge (1-for-4) had an RBI single in the third (59).
- Didi Gregorius (1-for-4) had an RBI single in the third as well (47).
- Neil Walker went 1-for-3 and drove in a run on a base hit in the sixth (16).
- C.C. Sabathia (6-4) took the loss in this start. He went five innings, gave up five runs on seven hits, struck out four, and walked three on 99 pitches (57 strikes).
- Jonathan Holder allowed a hit, walked a batter, and struck one out in the scoreless seventh.
- A.J. Cole allowed two hits and struck out three over two scoreless innings.
- Brett Gardner (4-for-6) finished a triple shy of the cycle, he hit a two-run home run in the top of the fourth (7), and drove in three runs (26,27,28).
- Austin Romine went 2-for-5 and hit a two-run home run in the eighth (5).
- Aaron Judge (2-for-5, walk) drove in his 60th run of the year on a base hit in the eighth.
- Didi Gregorius (2-for-4, walk) got the scoring started with a double in the first (16).
- Giancarlo Stanton (2-for-5) and Neil Walker (2-for-4) had multi-hit games.
- Luis Cessa (1-1) threw six shutout innings in the win. He allowed three hits, struck out four, and walked three on 85 pitches (55 strikes).
- Giovanny Gallegos went the final three innings. He gave up two runs on two hits and walked two as he got his first save of the year.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (45-42) defeated the Jupiter Hammerheads 4-3 in 10 innings.
- Kellin Deglan went 2-for-4 (both hits were double) with an RBI double in the top of the fifth (6).
- Rashad Crawford was 1-for-5 and won the game with an RBI groundout in the 10th (4).
- Ben Ruta (2-for-5, double) and Dom Thompson-Williams (2-for-4, double) had multi-hit games.
- Dalton Lehnen got the no-decision in his outing. He went five innings, gave up a run on four hits, struck out five, and walked three on 89 pitches (53 strikes).
- Andrew Schwaab (1-3) got the win in relief. He went 1.2 innings, gave up two hits, struck out three batters, and walked two.
- Greg Weissert got the final out of the game via strikeout for his first save (1).
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (45-40) had their four-game win streak snapped by the Columbia Fireflies as they lost 2-1.
- Frederick Cuevas was 1-for-5 with a double in his first game since moving up to Charleston.
- Carlos Vidal (0-for-3) had a pair of stolen bases in the loss.
- Reiver Sanmartin (0-2) went five innings, gave up two runs (one earned) on two hits, struck out three, and walked a batter on 77 pitches (52 strikes) in the loss.
- Anderson Severino allowed two hits, struck out a batter, and walked one in two scoreless innings.
- Braden Bristo allowed a hit and walked a batter in a scoreless eighth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (11-13) scored both runs in the seventh inning as they defeated the Brooklyn Cyclones, 2-1.
- Mike Ford (1-for-3) tied the game at one with a solo home run in the seventh (1).
- Miguel Flames (1-for-3) broke the 1-1 tie with a solo shot (1).
- Jerry Seitz had the other two hits for Staten Island as he went 2-for-3 with two doubles.
- Erik Swanson continued his rehab assignment. In 3.2 innings of work, he gave up a run on six hits, and struck out two on 51 pitches (36 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Chase Hodson came in after Swanson and gave up one hit while striking out two in 1.1 scoreless innings.
- Abel Duarte (2-1) struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 seventh as he got the win.
- Christian Morris threw a 1-2-3 eighth.
- Brooks Kriske walked a batter and struck out one in the ninth as he got his second save.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (8-12) lost to the Johnson City Cardinals by a final score of 4-3.
- Juan De Leon (1-for-4) hit a two-run home run (2) in the top of the second.
- Carlos Espinola (0-1) took the loss in his start. In 3.1 innings of work, he allowed four runs on three hits, struck out four, and walked four on 86 pitches (50 strikes).
- Luis Ojeda came in after Espinola. He allowed two hits, struck out two, and walked two in 2.1 scoreless innings.
- Brett Morales allowed a hit and struck out two in the final 2.1 innings of the game.
Gulf Coast League East (Rookie): The GCL East squad (5-11) split a doubleheader with GCL Phillies East. They lost Game 1, 6-2, but they won Game 2 in walk-off fashion, 7-6 in eight innings.
- Raymundo Moreno (1-for-2) had a two-run home run in the top of the seventh (1).
- Jesus Severino led the team in hits (3-for-3).
- Ryder Green went 2-for-3 in the loss.
- Anyelo Luna (1-1) went 4.2 innings, gave up four runs on eight hits, and struck out four batters in the loss.
- Asdrubal Alvarez (1-for-4) had two runs scored, a stolen base, and an RBI (4).
- Moreno, who had the home run in Game 1, had the walk-off walk in Game 2.
- Isaiah Pasteur (2-for-4) had a double and a stolen base.
- Juan Then went 4.2 innings, gave up four runs on four hits, struck out two, and walked two in a no-decision.
- Alex Mejias (3-0) struck out a batter and walked one in 2.2 hitless innings of relief in the win.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (14-18) lost to the DSL Twins, 6-5. They have now lost four games in a row.
- Anthony Valenzuela went 2-for-4 with a solo home run in the top of the second (2) and drove in three runs (12,13,14).
- Juan Crisp was 2-for-4 with an RBI (15).
- Miguel Marte (1-for-4, double) and Angel Rojas (1-for-4, stolen base) had the other hits for the Yankees.
- Angel Obando got the start in this game. He went four innings, gave up a run on three hits, struck out three, and walked two.
- Wilser Barrios (0-1) took the loss out of the bullpen. In 1.2 innings of work, he gave up three runs on two hits, struck out four, and walked one.
You must be logged in to post a comment.