It was a rough night in the New York Yankees organization as all three teams were not able to win their respective games and that includes a doubleheader for Trenton. With that being said, the Charleston lineup still managed to score five runs. Check out who shined in that game and more in our Pinstriped Performances and vote for your Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
#Yankees fans, who is your Pinstriped Performer of the Night from Monday?
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 14, 2019
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (21-12) lost both games of their doubleheader against the Harrisburg Senators, 2-1 and 4-1 respectively.
- Ben Ruta was 1-for-4 with a triple. He has four triples this year and is hitting .372 for the year.
- Kyle Holder was 1-for-3 with a stolen base.
- Rony Garcia (1-2) took the loss in his start. He allowed two runs on five hits, struck out four, and walked one over 5.2 innings. 60 of his 93 pitches were strikes.
- Ben Ruta was 1-for-3 in Game 2 with a stolen base.
- Angel Aguilar and Rashard Crawford went 1-for-3 and had the other two hits for Trenton. Crawford is hitting .361 in May.
- Brody Koerner (0-2) took the loss in Game 2. He allowed two runs on five hits and struck out four over 2.2 innings of work. 28 of his 45 pitches were for strikes.
- James Reeves came in the game after Koerner. He allowed two hits, struck out two, and walked one over 2.1 scoreless innings. He hasn’t allowed a run in eight straight outings.
- Brooks Kriske allowed two runs on two hits and struck out a batter in the sixth. It is the first time he has allowed a run in an outing this year (12 combined with Tampa and Trenton).
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (17-19) lost their series opener to the Palm Beach Cardinals, 4-3.
- Diego Castillo was 1-for-4 out of the leadoff spot and provided the only other hit for the Tarpons.
- Omar Carrizales went 0-for-3 with an RBI groundout in the eighth (1).
- Shawn Semple took the no-decision in his good outing. He allowed one run on two hits, struck out five, and walked one over five innings. 47 of his 76 pitches were strikes. He’s allowed one combined run in his last two starts.
- Dalton Lehnen (2-2) took the loss in relief. He allowed three runs on six hits and struck out two in three innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (20-17) lost their series finale to the Hickory Crawdads, 7-5.
- Mickey Gasper was 2-for-4 with a double, a solo home run in the top of the sixth (3), and he drove in three runs (8, 9,10). He’s hitting .382 in ten games this month.
- Brandon Lockridge was 1-for-5 with a two-run single in the sixth (11,12). He has six RBIs in his last three games.
- Josh Stowers was 2-for-4 out of the cleanup spot. He has eight multi-hit games this year.
- Ricky Surum was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Mitchell Robinson went 2-for-4 in his second game of the season.
- Roansy Contreras (3-2) had his worst outing of the year. He allowed seven runs on six hits, struck out a batter, and walked two over 2.1 innings in a loss. 40 of his 68 pitches were strikes.
- Dalton Higgins allowed two hits and struck out two over the final 1.1 innings. 15 of his 22 pitches were strikes. He hasn’t allowed a run in seven straight outings and has 23 strikeouts to no walks for the year.