It was a rough day in the New York Yankees organization on Saturday. Out of the ten games that were played, the big league club and its affiliates combined for a 2-8 record. One Yankee prospect made his big league debut and pitched well in a defeat. Meanwhile, two affiliates played in games that ended in a walk-off with one team getting the win. Find out which players shined on Saturday with our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (68-41) lost their fourth straight game as they were defeated by the Boston Red Sox, 4-1.
- Didi Gregorius went 1-for-4 and had an RBI double in the top of the ninth (65).
- Giancarlo Stanton was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Chance Adams (0-1) had a good MLB debut. However, he took the loss. In five innings of work, he gave up three runs (two home runs) on three hits, struck out two, and walked one on 83 pitches (53 strikes).
- Chad Green struck out two batters in a 1-2-3 sixth.
- A.J. Cole gave up a run on three hits, struck out four, and walked one over two innings of work.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (58-52) split their doubleheader against the Buffalo Bisons. They won Game 1, 3-1. However. they lost Game 2, 6-4.
- Abiatal Avelino was 3-for-4 with a pair of RBI singles (32,33).
- Cale Coshow threw a 1-2-3 seventh for his fourth save of the year.
- Abiatal Avelino (1-for-3, walk) had an RBI triple in the bottom of the third (34).
- Mike Ford was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Gio Urshela was traded to the Yankees earlier in the day from the Blue Jays and went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts in his organizational debut.
- Raynel Espinal (6-2) had a rough outing in his start. In two innings of work, he allowed six runs on seven hits, struck out two, and walked two on 50 pitches (31 strikes) in a loss.
- Stephen Tarpley allowed two hits, struck out five, and walked one over 3.2 shutout innings.
- Joe Harvey allowed two hits and struck out two without allowing a run in the final 1.1 innings.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (62-49) lost 6-3 to the Hartford Yard Goats.
- Brandon Wagner (1-for-2, two walks) got the scoring started with an RBI double in the first (2).
- Rashad Crawford was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI groundout (6).
- Trey Amburgey (1-for-4) hit his 20th double of the season.
- Brian Keller (8-8) went five innings, gave up five runs (four earned) on six hits, struck out seven, and walked four on 96 pitches (55 strikes) in a loss.
- Trevor Lane allowed one run on two hits and struck out two over the final three innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (55-56) had their comeback come up just short in a 7-6 loss to the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- Kellin Deglan came in off the bench for Donny Sands. He was 2-for-2 with a walk, a double, and three RBIs (12,13,14).
- Dom Thompson-Williams (1-for-4, walk) drove in a run on a walk in the sixth (36).
- Estevan Florial was 1-for-3 with two walks.
- Nick Nelson (5-4) went three innings, gave up three runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked three on 81 pitches (51 strikes) in a loss.
- Braden Bristo came in after Nelson. He allowed an unearned run on two hits, struck out a batter, and walked three over 1.2 innings of work.
- Kaleb Ort finished the game. In two innings of work, he allowed one unearned run on no hits, struck out two, and walked one.
Charleston Riverdogs Single-A): The Riverdogs (51-58) lost a 10 inning game to the Delmarva Shorebirds, 6-5.
- Jason Lopez had a great game at the plate. He went 3-for-4 with two doubles and hit a solo home run in the second (8). Also, he drove in three runs (26,27,28)
- Mitchell Hansen was 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Roansy Contreras had a no-decision in his outing. He went 5.2 innings, gave up two runs on four hits, struck out four, and walked two on 88 pitches (56 strikes).
- Daniel Ramos allowed a run on two hits and struck out a batter in 1.1 innings of relief.
- Anderson Severino allowed one hit, struck out two, and walked one in a scoreless eighth.
- Daniel Alvarez (0-1) ended up being the losing pitcher. He went one inning, gave up three runs (one earned) on three hits, struck out two batters, and walked one.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (25-20) had their doubleheader against the Connecticut Tigers postponed. They will be back in action on Sunday afternoon at 4:05 p.m when they begin a road series against the Aberdeen Ironbirds.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (20-25) defeated the Elizabethton Twins, 1-0, in walk-off fashion.
- Max Burt was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Robert Javier went 1-for-3 with a triple.
- Luis Gil got a no-decision in his start. In five innings of shutout baseball, he allowed two hits, struck out seven, and walked one on 77 pitches (49 strikes).
- Wellington Diaz (2-1) allowed four hits and struck out four over the final four innings as he got the win in relief.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The East squad (13-24) lost 2-1 to GCL Tigers West and the West (17-20) lost 3-1 to GCL Phillies East.
- Brayan Jimenez (0-for-3) drove in the lone run of the game (5).
- Ryder Green went 1-for-4 on the afternoon.
- Anderson Munoz got the start. He allowed one hit, struck out a batter, and walked one over three shutout innings in a no-decision.
- Josh Maciejewski (1-2) gave up a run on two hits and struck out one in the fourth as he took the loss.
- Keegan Curtis struck out two batters and walked one over two hitless innings of relief.
- Barrett Loseke allowed a run on two hits and walked two over 1.2 innings.
- Charlie Ruegger did not allow a run on two hits over the final 1.1 innings.
- Matt Pita was the team leader in hits (3-for-4, double).
- Luis Santos went 1-for-4 and drove in the only run (8).
- Antonio Arias was 1-for-2 with a double and two walks.
- Randy Vasquez (0-1) took the loss in his start. He went three innings, allowed three runs on four hits, struck out a batter, and walked three.
- Anderson Reynoso pitched well in relief of Vasquez. He allowed two hits, struck out two, and walked one over four shutout innings.
- Nestor Oronel allowed a hit and struck out a batter in a scoreless eighth.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (22-32) lost 5-3 to DSL Cardinals Blue.
- Madison Santos went 2-for-3 with a double and he hit a two-run home run (1) in the top of the third.
- Miguel Marte was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (12).
- Bryant Arrieche also had a multi-hit game (2-for-4, stolen base).
- Cristian Sumoza (1-3) went three innings, gave up four runs (three earned) on six hits, struck out four, and walked one in a loss.
- Felix Alonzo came in after Sumoza. In four innings of work, he allowed one run on four hits and struck out a season-high eight batters.
- Diego Cordero allowed a hit and struck out two in a scoreless eighth.
You must be logged in to post a comment.