On Saturday night, there were seven games played in the New York Yankees organization and the teams combined for a 3-4 record. There was a walk-off home run in the Dominican Summer League, a pitchers duel in the Charleston game, and a Scranton Wilkes-Barre second baseman continued his home run streak. Find out who that player was and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (63-34) hung on to defeat the New York Mets, 7-6.
- Aaron Judge went 3-for-4 with a double and a solo home run in the bottom of the seventh (26).
- Miguel Andujar (3-for-4, two doubles) drove in his 40th run of the year on a double in the fourth.
- Greg Bird was 2-for-4 with a double and a pair of RBIs (22,23).
- Austin Romine went 1-for-4 with a pair of RBIs (25,26).
- Sonny Gray (7-7) went 5.1 innings, gave up two runs on three hits, struck out six, and walked three on 94 pitches (54 strikes) in a victory.
- David Robertson, Jonathan Holder, and Dellin Betances combined for five strikeouts out of the bullpen (Robertson and Betances both had two).
- After Aroldis Chapman did not record an out in the ninth, Chasen Shreve got out of trouble and got his first save of the year.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (52-45) lost in walk-off fashion to the Columbus Clippers, 5-3, in 10 innings.
- Rey Navarro went 3-for-4 with a double, a two-run home run in the top of the fifth (8) and three RBIs (23,24,25). He has now homered in three straight games.
- Kyle Higashioka was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Justus Sheffield got the no-decision in his start. He went 5.2 innings, gave up two runs (one earned) on five hits, struck out four, and walked one on 89 pitches (54 strikes).
- Stephen Tarpley came in after Sheffield. He struck out two batters and walked one in 1.1 hitless innings.
- Tommy Kahnle struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 seventh.
- J.P. Feyereisen (6-3) ended up getting the loss. He gave up two runs on two hits in the 10th inning.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (53-45) lost 4-2 to the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
- Zack Zehner went 1-for-4 with a stolen base.
- Trevor Stephan (2-7) went four innings in his start. He gave up four runs on five hits, struck out six, and walked two on 90 pitches (61 strikes) in a loss.
- Phillip Diehl gave up a hit, struck out a batter, and walked one in two innings of work.
- Brady Lail allowed two hits, struck out two, and walked one while not giving up a run in two innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (49-50) lost 4-3 to the Dunedin Blue Jays.
- Brandon Wagner (1-for-4) hit a two-run home run in the top of the first for his 20th home run of the season.
- Angel Aguilar (0-for-4) drove in his 30th run of the season on an RBI groundout in the ninth.
- Ryan Lidge was the only player with a multi-hit game (2-for-3).
- Dalton Lehnen (0-2) took the loss in his outing. He went five innings, gave up three runs on five hits, struck out three, and walked two on 78 pitches (46 strikes).
- Andrew Schwaab did not allow a run in the final 1.2 innings. He gave up one hit and struck out a batter.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (47-48) edged out a pitchers duel against the Rome Braves, 2-1.
- Carlos Vidal was the other player with a multi-hit game (2-for-4).
- Dermis Garcia went 0-for-2 with a walk and had a sacrifice fly in the top of the first (22).
- Welfrin Mateo (0-for-3) had an RBI groundout in the second (10).
- Janson Junk (4-2) had a quality start in a win. In six innings of work, he gave up a run on seven hits, struck out four, and walked two on 86 pitches (52 strikes).
- Anderson Severino gave up a hit in a scoreless seventh.
- Kyle Zurak struck out four batters while not giving up a hit in the final two innings as he got his ninth save.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (19-15) had their game against the Tri-City Valleycats postponed due to rain. They will play a doubleheader on Sunday afternoon with first pitch taking place at 2 p.m.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (14-17) lost a 4-2 game to the Bluefield Blue Jays.
- Juan De Leon (1-for-3) had an RBI double in the top of the second (12).
- Mickey Gasper had the only multi-hit game (2-for-3, double, walk).
- Everson Pereira (1-for-4) and Robert Javier (1-for-3) had the other two hits.
- Pedro Espinola went four innings, gave up a run on two hits, struck out three, and walked two on 82 pitches (44 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Marcus Evey came in after Espinola. He allowed one unearned run on two hits, struck out one, and walked one over two innings.
- Luis Ojeda (0-1) took the loss in relief. In 1.1 innings, he allowed a run on two hits and struck out three.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The GCL Yankees East (10-15) had their game against the GCL Pirates suspended due to rain. As for the West (13-12), their game against the GCL Phillies West was suspended due to rain. The Yankees lead 1-0 in the top of the first.
- Antonio Cabello led off the game with a solo home run (5).
- Anthony Seigler returned to the lineup and had a base it in the first.
- Anderson Reynoso is the scheduled starter.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (17-25) defeated DSLMets1, 3-1, in 11 innings.
- Angel Rojas (1-for-4) hit a walk-off three-run home run in the bottom of the 11th (3).
- Carlos Moreno had the lone multi-hit game (2-for-4).
- Randy Vasquez got the start. In four innings of work. he allowed no runs on one hit and struck out two in a no-decision.
- Angel Obando went the next five innings and also allowed no runs on a single hit. He struck out two batters and walked two.
- Diego Cordero (3-1) got the win in relief. He allowed an unearned run on one hit and struck out three over the final two innings.