On the final day of June, the New York Yankees affiliates combined to go 5-3 in the eight games that were played since the battle of the GCL Yankees teams was postponed. The Pulaski team had a great combined pitching effort while a starter in Trenton went the distance. Plus, Scranton Wilkes-Barre and Tampa each came back to win their respective games. Check out what happened in those games and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (53-27) were held to two hits on offense in their 11-0 loss to the Boston Red Sox.
- Giancarlo Stanton (1-for-4) had the lone hit against Chris Sale (single in the bottom of the first).
- Gleyber Torres went 1-for-4 with a single in the ninth.
- Sonny Gray (5-6) had a rough night on the mound. In 2.1 innings of work, he allowed six runs on seven hits and walked two batters on 68 pitches (46 strikes) in the loss.
- Adam Warren came in after Gray and allowed two hits and struck out four batters over 2.2 scoreless innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (40-39) came from behind to defeat the Pawtucket Red Sox, 7-6, in 10 innings.
- Rey Navarro went 4-for-5 with a double, drove in three runs (12,13,14) and hit a game-tying two-run home run in the ninth (4).
- Francisco Diaz (3-for-5) had the walk-off single in the bottom of the tenth (1).
- Josh Rogers took a no-decision in his start. He went five innings, gave up four runs on seven hits, struck out two, and walked three on 87 pitches (50 strikes).
- Raynel Espinal gave up a hit, struck out two batters, and walked one in one scoreless inning.
- J.P. Feyereisen (4-2) walked two batters and struck out one in 2.1 hitless innings as he got the win.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (46-34) only gave up three hits in their 6-0 win against the New Hampshire Fishercats.
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Mandy Alvarez (1-for-4) hit a three-run home run in the sixth (5) and he’s now at 30 RBIs for the season.
- Michael King (2-1) went the distance on the mound for Trenton. He allowed no runs on three hits and struck out 11 on 103 pitches (78 strikes) in the win.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (40-39) rallied in the ninth to defeat the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 6-5.
- Isiah Gilliam went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double (46).
- Steven Sensley hit a solo home run in the second (2). He has homered in back-to-back games.
- Garrett Whitlock had a quality start in a no-decision. He went six innings, gave up two runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked three on 99 pitches (66 strikes).
- Matt Wivinis (1-1) got the win in relief. He walked two batters and struck out one over the course of 1.1 hitless innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (39-37) scored all of their runs in the seventh in their 3-2 win over the Greenville Drive.
- Chris Hess (1-for-4) singled in the seventh and a run came around to score on an error.
- Miguel Yajure got the no-decision in his outing. In five innings of work, he gave up two runs on six hits, struck out five, and walked one on 63 pitches (44 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins (3-2) struck out a batter and walked one in two hitless innings as he got the win.
- Kyle Zurak gave up a hit and struck out two over the final two innings as he got his seventh save of the season.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (4-11) ended up giving up a walk-off walk in their 5-4 loss to the Connecticut Tigers. They have lost three in a row.
- Eric Wagaman (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the top of the fourth (2).
- Canaan Smith went 1-for-4 and had the other extra-base hit for Staten Island (double).
- Chase Hodson did strike out five batters over the course of two innings. However, he walked a batter and allowed three runs on six hits after Mauricio came out of the game.
- Christian Morris (0-1) gave up an unearned run on three hits, struck out a batter, and walked one over an inning as he took the loss.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (4-7) held the Burlington Royals to one hit in a 4-0 win.
- Luis Rijo (2-1) did not give up a hit in the six innings that he pitched. He struck out five batters on 68 pitches (51 strikes) in the win.
- Saul Torres (1-for-4) got Pulaski on the board with a solo home run in the bottom of the fifth (1).
- Robert Javier went 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the seventh (4).
- Everson Pereira (1-for-4) had an RBI single of his own in the seventh (4).
- Gilmael Troya did allow the only hit of the game (double in the seventh), but he struck out two batters and walked one in two scoreless innings.
- Ron Marinaccio struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The matchup between the Yankees’ 2 GCL squads was postponed due to rain.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (12-13) lost to the DSL Cardinals Blue squad, 10-4.
- Ronny Rojas (1-for-3, two walks) hit a solo home run in the bottom of the seventh (3).
- Angel Rojas went 2-for-3 with two walks, a double, a triple, and he drove in two runs (11,12).
- Enyerberth Ascanio was 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI (9).
- Cristian Sumoza got the start in this game. He went three innings, gave up two unearned runs on two hits, struck out a batter, and walked one.
- Abel Estevez (0-1) took the loss out of the bullpen. In 2.1 innings of work, he gave up three runs on four hits, struck out two, and walked one.
You must be logged in to post a comment.