On the final day of June, the New York Yankees affiliates combined to go 5-3 in the eight games that were played since the battle of the GCL Yankees teams was postponed. The Pulaski team had a great combined pitching effort while a starter in Trenton went the distance. Plus, Scranton Wilkes-Barre and Tampa each came back to win their respective games. Check out what happened in those games and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (53-27) were held to two hits on offense in their 11-0 loss to the Boston Red Sox.
- Giancarlo Stanton (1-for-4) had the lone hit against Chris Sale (single in the bottom of the first).
- Gleyber Torres went 1-for-4 with a single in the ninth.
- Sonny Gray (5-6) had a rough night on the mound. In 2.1 innings of work, he allowed six runs on seven hits and walked two batters on 68 pitches (46 strikes) in the loss.
- Adam Warren came in after Gray and allowed two hits and struck out four batters over 2.2 scoreless innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (40-39) came from behind to defeat the Pawtucket Red Sox, 7-6, in 10 innings.
- Rey Navarro went 4-for-5 with a double, drove in three runs (12,13,14) and hit a game-tying two-run home run in the ninth (4).
- Francisco Diaz (3-for-5) had the walk-off single in the bottom of the tenth (1).
- Josh Rogers took a no-decision in his start. He went five innings, gave up four runs on seven hits, struck out two, and walked three on 87 pitches (50 strikes).
- Raynel Espinal gave up a hit, struck out two batters, and walked one in one scoreless inning.
- J.P. Feyereisen (4-2) walked two batters and struck out one in 2.1 hitless innings as he got the win.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (46-34) only gave up three hits in their 6-0 win against the New Hampshire Fishercats.
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Mandy Alvarez (1-for-4) hit a three-run home run in the sixth (5) and he’s now at 30 RBIs for the season.
- Michael King (2-1) went the distance on the mound for Trenton. He allowed no runs on three hits and struck out 11 on 103 pitches (78 strikes) in the win.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (40-39) rallied in the ninth to defeat the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 6-5.
- Isiah Gilliam went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double (46).
- Steven Sensley hit a solo home run in the second (2). He has homered in back-to-back games.
- Garrett Whitlock had a quality start in a no-decision. He went six innings, gave up two runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked three on 99 pitches (66 strikes).
- Matt Wivinis (1-1) got the win in relief. He walked two batters and struck out one over the course of 1.1 hitless innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (39-37) scored all of their runs in the seventh in their 3-2 win over the Greenville Drive.
- Chris Hess (1-for-4) singled in the seventh and a run came around to score on an error.
- Miguel Yajure got the no-decision in his outing. In five innings of work, he gave up two runs on six hits, struck out five, and walked one on 63 pitches (44 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins (3-2) struck out a batter and walked one in two hitless innings as he got the win.
- Kyle Zurak gave up a hit and struck out two over the final two innings as he got his seventh save of the season.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (4-11) ended up giving up a walk-off walk in their 5-4 loss to the Connecticut Tigers. They have lost three in a row.
- Eric Wagaman (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the top of the fourth (2).
- Canaan Smith went 1-for-4 and had the other extra-base hit for Staten Island (double).
- Chase Hodson did strike out five batters over the course of two innings. However, he walked a batter and allowed three runs on six hits after Mauricio came out of the game.
- Christian Morris (0-1) gave up an unearned run on three hits, struck out a batter, and walked one over an inning as he took the loss.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (4-7) held the Burlington Royals to one hit in a 4-0 win.
- Luis Rijo (2-1) did not give up a hit in the six innings that he pitched. He struck out five batters on 68 pitches (51 strikes) in the win.
- Saul Torres (1-for-4) got Pulaski on the board with a solo home run in the bottom of the fifth (1).
- Robert Javier went 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the seventh (4).
- Everson Pereira (1-for-4) had an RBI single of his own in the seventh (4).
- Gilmael Troya did allow the only hit of the game (double in the seventh), but he struck out two batters and walked one in two scoreless innings.
- Ron Marinaccio struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The matchup between the Yankees’ 2 GCL squads was postponed due to rain.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (12-13) lost to the DSL Cardinals Blue squad, 10-4.
- Ronny Rojas (1-for-3, two walks) hit a solo home run in the bottom of the seventh (3).
- Angel Rojas went 2-for-3 with two walks, a double, a triple, and he drove in two runs (11,12).
- Enyerberth Ascanio was 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI (9).
- Cristian Sumoza got the start in this game. He went three innings, gave up two unearned runs on two hits, struck out a batter, and walked one.
- Abel Estevez (0-1) took the loss out of the bullpen. In 2.1 innings of work, he gave up three runs on four hits, struck out two, and walked one.