While the big league club took a loss in Cleveland on Saturday, the rest of the organization went 4-1 in the five games that were played. Scranton Wilkes-Barre got all of their offense from one player, Tampa got a pair of three-run home runs, and Charleston got seven shutout innings from one of the Yankees top pitching prospects.
Find out which players stood out on Saturday with our Pinstriped Performances and vote for our Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
#Yankees fans, who is your Pinstriped Performer of the Night from Saturday?
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) June 9, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (34-25) defeated the Syracuse Chiefs, 3-1.
- Trey Amburgey was 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles. He has three multi-hit games in the last five.
- Ryan McBroom went 1-for-3 and extended his hit streak to seven games.
- Tyler Wade was 1-for-3 and Mike Tauchman went 1-for-4.
- Brody Koerner (3-0) picked up the win for the Railriders. He allowed one run on six hits and struck out seven over seven innings. 64 of his 100 pitches were strikes. The seven strikeouts are a season-high.
- Danny Coulombe struck out three batters and allowed a hit in a scoreless eighth. 11 of his 15 pitches were strikes. He has struck out three batters in each of his last three appearances.
- J.P. Feyereisen allowed a hit and struck out a batter in a scoreless ninth. He picked up his third save of the year. 11 of his 14 pitches were strikes. He hasn’t allowed a run in six of his last seven outings.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (33-24) were defeated by the Erie SeaWolves, 3-2.
- Ben Ruta went 1-for-4 with an RBI groundout in the bottom of the first (28). Ruta has a hit in three straight games.
- Chris Gittens was 1-for-3 with a walk and a double. He has drawn a walk in three of his last four games.
- Gosuke Katoh went 1-for-5 with a stolen base.
- Matt Lipka was 1-for-4 with a stolen base.
- Rashad Crawford went 1-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base. He has 12 steals on the year and has a hit in three straight games.
- Brooks Kriske (0-1) took the loss in relief. He allowed one run on one hit, struck out a batter, and walked three over 1.1 innings. 21 of 40 pitches were strikes.
- Daniel Alvarez struck out four batters and walked two without allowing a hit in the final 1.2 innings. 20 of 37 pitches were strikes.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (26-35) defeated the Florida Fire Frogs, 7-3.
- Tyler Hill was 1-for-3 with a three-run home run in the fourth (5). It is his first game with an RBI since May 31.
- Jason Lopez went 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fourth (15).
- Angel Aguilar was 1-for-3 with a double. He has had a hit in four straight games.
- Diego Castillo went 2-for-3.
- Isiah Gilliam was 1-for-4 and has a hit in seven of his last eight games.
- Jio Orozco (1-1) picked up the win in his start. He allowed three runs (two earned) on eight hits, struck out six, and walked four in 5.1 innings of work. 61 of his 92 pitches were strikes.
- James Reeves struck out four batters and walked one over 1.2 innings of relief. 19 of his 32 pitches were strikes.
- Kyle Zurak struck out two and did not allow a hit in the final two innings. 13 of 15 pitches were strikes.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (34-28) held the Asheville Tourists to four hits in a 7-0 win.
- Eduardo Torrealba went 2-for-3 with a walk and a two-run single in the bottom of the fourth (10,11). It is the second time this year he’s driven in multiple runs in a game.
- Max Burt went 2-for-4 and has a hit in each of his last three games.
- Matt Pita was 1-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Kyle Gray went 0-for-4 with a pair of RBIs (29,30).
- Canaan Smith went 1-for-4.
- Roansy Contreras (5-3) threw seven shutout innings in a win. He allowed four hits, struck out three, and walked two on 86 pitches (56 strikes). Contreras has gone seven innings in three of his last four starts.
- Aaron McGarity finished off the shutout. He struck out three hitters and did not allow a hit over the final two innings. 16 of 25 pitches were strikes. McGarity hasn’t allowed a run in six straight outings.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (4-2) defeated the DSL Nationals, 9-5, in 11 innings.
- Wilfre Favelo went 1-for-5 with a double and two RBIs (1,2).
- Omar Martinez was 0-for-3 with two walks and an RBI (1).
- Jose Colmenares went 0-for-3 with a walk and a pair of RBIs (2,3).
- Kevin Alcantara was 0-for-3 with two walks and an RBI (4).
- Alexander Vargas went 1-for-6 with a double and two stolen bases.
- Dayro Perez was 1-for-4 with a walk and two stolen bases.
- Nicolas Garcia was 1-for-5 with a stolen base.
- Agustin Ramirez went 2-for-5 with a double.
- Blas Castano allowed three unearned runs on six hits, struck out a batter, and walked two over five innings in a no-decision.
- Jose Chambuco (2-0) allowed two unearned runs, struck out five, and walked one over five hitless innings. Chambuco has five strikeouts in each of his first two outings.
- Luis Nova struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 11th inning.