On Saturday, the New York Yankees affiliates combined to go 1-3 in the four games played, which including extra-inning games for Tampa and Charleston. The Railriders’ bullpen helped them preserve a win in Toledo. Meanwhile, a Charleston outfielder continues his great play of late out of the leadoff spot. Find out about those games and more with our Pinstriped Performances and vote for our Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 19, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (21-17) defeated the Toledo Mud Hens, 4-3.
- Cliff Pennington went 2-for-3 with a stolen base and a solo home run in the top of the seventh (5). Pennington has two home runs and four RBIs in his last three games.
- Trey Amburgey was 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the fourth (18). Amburgey has had three straight multi-hit games and three RBIs over that span.
- Brad Miller went 1-for-4 with the go-ahead RBI single in the eighth (14). Miller has six RBIs in his last five games.
- Mike Ford was 2-for-4 with a double out of the leadoff spot. Ford is hitting .324 in 10 games this month.
- Brody Koerner had a quality start on the mound. He allowed three runs on six hits, struck out three, and walked one over six innings in a no-decision. 63 of his 90 pitches were strikes.
- David Sosebee got the final out of the game for his second save of the season.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (23-15) lost to the Binghamton Rumble Ponies, 3-1.
- Mandy Alvarez was 1-for-4 with an RBI groundout in the bottom of the second (1).
- Chris Gittens went 2-for-3 with a walk. Gittens is on a four-game hit streak and is hitting .314 in 14 games this month.
- Rashad Crawford was 2-for-3 out of the number nine spot in the order. Crawford is hitting .333 in 13 games this month.
- Ben Ruta went 1-for-4 with a double. Ruta is up to 13 doubles for the year.
- Kaleb Ort allowed one hit, struck out two, and walked one over two scoreless innings. 19 of his 34 pitches were strikes. Ort has two or more strikeouts in five straight outings.
- Trevor Lane struck out one batter in a 1-2-3 ninth. 9 of his 13 pitches were strikes.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (17-24) lost to the Daytona Tortugas, 7-6, in 11 innings. They have lost six games in a row.
- Tyler Hill went 3-for-4 with a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the 10th (13). It is Hill’s first multi-hit game of the year.
- Isiah Gilliam was 2-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and a home run in the ninth (5). Gilliam has two home runs in the last five games.
- Diego Castillo went 3-for-6 and had his second three-hit game of the year.
- Dermis Garcia was 0-for-5. However, he did have two RBIs (29,30).
- Pablo Olivares was 1-for-6 with a double.
- JP Sears got the start for the Tarpons. He allowed one run on six hits, struck out six, and walked one over four innings in a no-decision. 43 of his 69 pitches were strikes.
- Janson Junk came in after Sears. He allowed two hits and struck out six over 3.2 scoreless innings. 42 of his 64 pitches were strikes. Junk has five or more K’s in three of his last four outings.
- Hobie Harris had a rough night on the mound. He allowed four runs on two hits, struck out a batter, and walked two in 1.1 innings of work. 22 of his 40 pitches were strikes.
- Braden Bristo (2-1) allowed two unearned runs and struck out a batter over two hitless innings as he took the loss. 14 of his 23 pitches were strikes. Bristo hasn’t allowed an earned run in five straight outings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (23-19) lost to the Augusta Green Jackets, 6-4, in 11 innings. It is their second straight extra-innings loss.
- Brandon Lockridge was 2-for-6 with a double and two RBIs (16,17). Lockridge has 11 RBIs in his last seven games. He is also hitting .329 with 12 RBIs in 15 games this month.
- Max Burt went 2-for-5 with an RBI single in the fourth (6).
- Kyle Gray was 2-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base. Gray has nine multi-hit games this year.
- Luis Medina got the start for Charleston. He allowed four runs on five hits, struck out five, and walked five over 4.1 innings in a no-decision. 49 of his 94 pitches were strikes. Medina has four or more walks in four straight starts.
- Pedro Espinola struck out four batters over three hitless innings of relief in his season debut. 28 of his 43 pitches were strikes.
- Jefry Valdez (1-2) took the loss in relief. He allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits and struck out three over 3.2 innings. 31 of his 45 pitches were for strikes. Valdez has a 0.90 ERA in three relief outings with Charleston.