On Sunday, there were only six games played in the New York Yankees organization. However, it was a winning day as the affiliates combined for a 4-2 record. One pitcher got his first Triple-A win while a Trenton catcher had two home runs in a losing effort. Meanwhile, a Pulaski pitcher tied a career-high and season-high for strikeouts in a game. Find out about those players and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (74-43) picked up a 7-3 win in their series finale with the Texas Rangers.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 2-for-4 with a solo home run in the bottom of the first (30).
- Aaron Hicks was 2-for-4 with a two-run single in the fifth (54,55).
- Didi Gregorius went 2-for-4 with a two-run home run in the fifth (21).
- Brett Gardner was 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI (35).
- Austin Romine also had a multi-hit game (2-for-4).
- Miguel Andujar drove in a run on a groundout in the fifth (56).
- C.C. Sabathia (7-4) threw six shutout innings in a win. He allowed one hit, struck out seven, and walked three on 97 pitches (61 strikes).
- Jonathan Holder struck out four batters and walked two without allowing a hit over the final two innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (61-56) defeated the Durham Bulls, 6-3.
- Mark Payton went 2-for-4 with a two-run home run in the top of the second (6).
- Zack Zehner (1-for-4) also hit a two-run home run in the second (8).
- Tyler Wade (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the second (3).
- Mike Ford was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Gio Urshela went 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the sixth (16).
- Joe Harvey pitched the final 2.1 innings. He allowed one run on two hits and struck out two batters.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (65-53) lost 6-3 to the Harrisburg Senators.
- Jorge Saez went 3-for-4 with a double, two home runs (2,3) and three RBIs (9,10,11). He hit a solo home run in the top of the seventh and a two-run home run in the eighth.
- Bruce Caldwell was 2-for-3 with two walks.
- Jeff Hendrix (2-for-2, walk) and Trey Amburgey (2-for-5, stolen base) had multi-hit games.
- Matt Wivinis allowed one run on three hits in the eighth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (58-61) had their game against the Bradenton Marauders suspended due to rain in the top of the first. They will resume the game as part of a doubleheader on August 31.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (54-62) lost 3-1 to the Hagerstown Suns.
- Mitchell Hansen was 1-for-3 with an RBI double in the bottom of the fifth (5).
- Oswaldo Cabrera (1-for-3, walk) and Welfrin Mateo (1-for-4) had the other hits for Charleston.
- Reiver Sanmartin (2-5) went six innings, gave up two runs on six hits, and struck out six on 87 pitches (59 strikes) in a win.
- Anderson Severino allowed an unearned run on two hits and struck out a batter over two scoreless innings of relief.
- Carlos Espinal struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (27-26) defeated the Connecticut Tigers, 3-2, in eight innings. Game 2 of their doubleheader was canceled due to rain.
- Jesus Bastidas was 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the eighth (11).
- Alex Junior went 2-for-3 with a double.
- Matt Sauer went 6.1 innings in his start. He allowed one run on four hits, struck out seven, and walked one on 83 pitches (57 strikes).
- Brooks Kriske (1-2) allowed an unearned run on one hit and struck out two over the final 1.2 innings as he got the win.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (25-27) defeated the Danville Braves, 2-1.
- Jordan Scott was 1-for-2 with a walk and hit the game-tying home run in the bottom of the sixth (2).
- Miguel Torres (0-for-2) drew a bases-loaded walk in the seventh (1).
- Max Burt had the only multi-hit game (2-for-4).
- Ezequiel Duran had the other hit for Pulaski (1-for-4).
- Alexander Vizcaino went six innings, gave up one run on three hits, and struck out nine on 80 pitches (51 strikes) in a no-decision. The nine K’s ties a career-high.
- Marcus Evey (2-1) got the win in relief. He allowed two hits, struck out five, and walked one over 2.2 scoreless innings.
- Austin Gardner got the final out of the game (strikeout) for his second save.
You must be logged in to post a comment.