On Sunday, the New York Yankees organization combined to go 2-5 in the seven games that were played. Tampa was able to get a win thanks to a strong pitching performance while the big league club scored double-digit runs for the second straight game. Meanwhile, one Scranton Wilkes-Barre infielder had a four-hit game. Find out who that player was and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (78-46) finished off a three-game sweep of the Toronto Blue Jays with a 10-2 win.
- Greg Bird went 1-for-4 with a grand slam in the bottom of the first (11).
- Ronald Torreyes came in the game for Didi Gregorius and went 3-for-4 with a double.
- Giancarlo Stanton was 1-for-3 with two walks, a stolen base, and an RBI single in the sixth (80).
- Kyle Higashioka went 1-for-3 with a two-run single in the eighth (5,6).
- Miguel Andujar was 1-for-5 with a pair of RBIs (64,65).
- Gleyber Torres had a multi-hit game (2-for-4).
- J.A. Happ (14-6) continues to win as a Yankee. He went 5.1 innings, gave up two runs on seven hits, struck out eight, and walked one on 103 pitches (70 strikes).
- Jonathan Holder struck out a batter over 1.2 perfect innings.
- Sonny Gray gave up two hits and struck out a batter and walked one over the final two innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (65-59) lost their series finale to the Norfolk Tides, 7-6.
- Rey Navarro went 4-for-5 with a two-run home run (10) in the third.
- Devyn Bolasky was 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the sixth (4).
- Tyler Wade went 1-for-5 with an RBI single in the eighth (25).
- Luke Voit (1-for-3, two walks) drove in a run with one of those walks in the eighth (3).
- Zack Zehner had the other extra-base hit (1-for-4, double).
- Erik Swanson picked up a no-decision in his start. He went six innings, allowed four runs (three earned) on seven hits, struck out five, and walked one on 82 pitches (58 strikes).
- Brady Lail (4-6) took the loss in relief. He allowed two runs on two hits and walked a batter in the seventh.
- J.P. Feyereisen allowed one run on one hit and struck out a batter in the eighth.
- Raynel Espinal struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (68-57) were blown out by the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, 12-1.
- Jeff Hendrix (2-for-3) and Ryan Lidge (1-for-3) had the other hits for Trenton.
- Ryan Bollinger (7-5) took the loss in his start. He went five innings, allowed four runs on seven hits, and struck out seven on 88 pitches (63 strikes).
- James Reeves allowed one hit over two scoreless innings of relief.
- Chase Hodson allowed one run on one hit and walked two in the ninth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (61-65) held the Daytona Tortugas to two hits in a 3-1 win.
- Ben Ruta went 1-for-3 with a double.
- Isiah Gilliam (2-for-4, triple) and Hoy Jun Park (2-for-3) had the two multi-hit games.
- Nick Nelson (7-5) pitched well in a victory. In 6.1 innings of work, he allowed one run on two hits, struck out seven, and walked three on 100 pitches (60 strikes).
- Hobie Harris struck out two and walked one over 2.2 hitless innings of relief as he got his second save of the year.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (57-65) were held to seven hits in a 7-0 loss to the West Virginia Power.
- Dermis Garcia had the other multi-hit game (2-for-3, walk).
- Reiver Sanmartin (2-6) took the loss in his start. In four innings of work, he allowed six runs (three earned) on seven hits, struck out two, and walked one on 71 pitches (49 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins allowed one run on two hits and struck out three over two innings.
- Daniel Alvarez allowed two hits and struck out two over the final two innings.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (31-27) had their five-game win streak snapped in a 6-3 loss to the Vermont Lake Monsters.
- Jesus Bastidas went 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the second (12).
- Josh Breaux was 1-for-5 with an RBI double in the fifth (10).
- Eduardo Torrealba had a multi-hit game (2-for-4, walk).
- Matt Sauer (2-5) only went 2.2 innings in his start. He allowed four runs on two hits, struck out three, and walked two on 57 pitches (32 strikes).
- Drew Finley did not allow a run over the final 2.1 innings. He allowed one hit, struck out four, and walked two.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (29-29) had their four-game win streak snapped in a 4-1 loss to the Bristol Pirates.
- Isaiah Pasteur was 1-for-3 in his Pulaski debut with an RBI double in the top of the eighth (1).
- Juan De Leon (1-for-3) and Ezequiel Duran (1-for-3, double, stolen base) had the other two hits for Pulaski.
- Wellington Caceres (0-4) went four innings, gave up three runs (two earned) on seven hits, struck out four, and walked two on 71 pitches (47 strikes) in a loss.
- Daniel Bies allowed one run on one hit and struck out four over three innings of relief.
- Marcus Evey allowed one hit and struck out two in the eighth.