With about a week to go until the end of the minor league regular season, the New York Yankees organization had seven games played on Sunday and went 4-3. The big league club picked up a sweep while Trenton clinched a trip to their postseason. While two teams were shutout, one affiliate had their first baseman have a career day. Find out more about that game and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (83-47) completed their four-game sweep of the Baltimore Orioles with a 5-3 win.
- Luke Voit was 3-for-3 with a walk and a two-run home run (4) in the top of the second.
- Miguel Andujar went 3-for-5 with a two-run double in the third (71,72).
- Aaron Hicks (1-for-3, two walks) and Shane Robinson (1-for-4) had the other two hits.
- Luis Severino (17-6) picked up the win in his start. He went 5.2 innings, allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits, struck out eight, and walked two on 107 pitches (67 strikes).
- Chad Green went 2/3 of an inning, allowed three hits, and struck out a batter.
- Zach Britton struck out a batter in 1.2 perfect innings of relief.
- David Robertson struck out two batters and walked one in the ninth as he got his fourth save of the year.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (67-63) lost 5-3 to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- Gio Urshela was 2-for-4 with a two-run home run in the top of the eighth (2).
- Tyler Wade went 1-for-2 with two walks and an RBI single in the third (27).
- Devyn Bolasky was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Zack Zehner (1-for-4) and Mike Ford (1-for-3, walk) both had a double.
- Stephen Tarpley (1-2) took the loss in relief. In two innings of work, he allowed three runs on three hits, struck out three, and walked one.
- Chance Adams allowed one run on two hits, struck out two, and walked one in two innings of relief.
- Brady Lail allowed one run on one hit and struck out two in the eighth.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (72-60) clinched an Eastern League playoff spot with an 8-3 win over the Hartford Yard Goats.
- Jeff Hendrix was 2-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI single in the second (20).
- Wendell Rijo went 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI single in the second (10).
- Danienger Perez was 1-for-2 with a walk and a solo home run (1) in the fourth.
- Trey Amburgey went 3-for-4 at the plate.
- Nick Nelson took a no-decision in his Trenton debut. He went four innings, allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits, struck out five, and walked three on 98 pitches (60 strikes).
- Chase Hodson (1-1) struck out three batters over two perfect innings in a win.
- Phillip Diehl allowed one run on two hits and struck out two over two innings of relief.
- Matt Wivinis struck out two batters and walked one without allowing a hit in the ninth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (66-66) got their record back to .500 with a 7-5 win over the Daytona Tortugas in 10 innings.
- Ben Ruta went 2-for-5 with a two-run single in the top of the 10th (39,40).
- Estevan Florial was 1-for-5 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the fifth (26).
- Diego Castillo went 1-for-5 with a walk and the go-ahead RBI single in the 10th (51).
- Dom Thompson-Williams was 1-for-3 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI single in the 10th (60).
- Garrett Whitlock got the start for the Tarpons. He went three innings, allowed one run on two hits, struck out three, and walked five on 62 pitches (29 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Reiver Sanmartin (1-0) got the win in relief. He allowed an unearned run on five hits and struck out five on 84 pitches (54 strikes) over six innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (59-69) were held to two hits in a 5-0 loss to the Greenville Drive.
- Dermis Garcia was 1-for-4 with a double.
- Welfrin Mateo went 1-for-2 with a walk
- Nolan Martinez (0-3) went six innings, allowed four runs on six hits, struck out a batter, and walked three on 88 pitches (53 strikes).
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (34-31) had only three hits in a 2-0 loss to the Hudson Valley Renegades.
- Alex Junior (1-for-4) and Eric Wagaman (1-for-3) both had a double.
- Junior Soto had the other hit for Staten Island (1-for-3).
- Ron Marinaccio gave up a run on two hits and struck out a batter over the final two innings.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (31-34) wrapped up their series against the Bluefield Blue Jays with a 9-4 win.
- Carlos Tatis was 5-for-5 with a two-run single in the top of the second (15,16).
- Nelson Gomez went 4-for-5 with a pair of doubles and a two-run home run in the sixth (11).
- Mickey Gasper went 2-for-4 with a two-run home run in the seventh (9) and three RBIs (25,26,27).
- Isaiah Pasteur was 2-for-5 with a solo home run in the third (1).
- Nelvin Correa (1-0) got the win in his Pulaski debut. He went 5.2 innings, allowed two runs on five hits, struck out three, and walked three on 80 pitches (49 strikes).
- Gilmael Troya allowed one run on two hits, struck out four, and walked two over 2.1 innings of relief.
- Austin Gardner allowed an unearned run on one hit and struck out a batter in the ninth.
You must be logged in to post a comment.