Vote now for today's Pinstriped Performer of the Night!
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 5, 2019
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (15-12, defeated the Syracuse Mets to complete a three-game sweep of the Met’s highest affiliate. The RailRiders have won their last five straight games.
- Trey Amburgey: 2-for-6, 1 run scored, 1 double, 1 RBI
- Mike Ford: 3-for-6, 2 runs scored
This was Ford’s first game back in Triple-A since being sent down by the Yankees. He was 5-for-28 with a home run and two RBIs over 10 games in the big leagues.
- Ryan McBroom: 2-for-6, 1 run scored, 1 double
McBroom has an eight-game hit streak for the RailRiders and is hitting .400 in his last 10 games.
- Brad Miller: 0-for-3, 3 runs scored, 2 walks
- Kyle Higashioka: 3-for-5, 3 runs scored, 3 hits, 2 home runs, 7 RBIs, 1 walk
Higashioka tied a career high in RBIs. The last time he had seven RBIs in a game was on June 26, 2016, against the Akron RubberDucks while he was with the Trenton Thunder.
- Mandy Alvarez: 1-for-5, 2 runs scored, 1 double
- Zack Zehner: 2-for-4, 2 runs scored, 1 home run, 3 RBI
- Billy Fleming: 2-for-5, 1 RBI
- Raynel Espinal: 4IP 4H 1R 1ER 0BB 6SO
Threw 37/54 pitches for strikes (69%). This was Espinal’s second start of the 2019 season. He has not started for than three games since the 2016 season when he started 12 games between the DSL, GCL, Pulaski, and Staten Island Yankees.
- Kaleb Ort: 2IP 2H 2R 2ER 1BB 5SO
Threw 25/38 pitches for strikes (66%). This was Ort’s fourth multi-inning game this season.
- Rex Brothers: 2IP 3H 2R 2ER 1BB 6SO
Threw 26/43 pitches for strikes (60%).
- Cale Coshow: 1IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
Threw 6/7 pitches for strikes (86%). Coshow has only allowed three earned runs all season and lowered his season ERA to 2.45.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Double-A Trenton Thunder and Harrisburg Senators were postponed by rain. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on May 13 in Harrisburg.
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tampa Tarpons (14-16) defeated the Florida Fire Frogs, 2-1.
- Diego Castillo: 2-for-2, 1 run scored, 1 double, 1 walk
Castillo’s hit streak ended yesterday but he still has a 19-game on base streak going.
- Isiah Gilliam: 1-for-2, 1 run scored, 1 double, 1 walk
- Janson Junk: 5.1IP 3H 1R 1ER 1BB 9SO
Threw 59/82 pitches for strikes (72%) In the rain-shortened game.
Charleston RiverDogs (Class-A): The Charleston RiverDogs (16-14) defeated the Greenville Drive, 4-3.
- Brandon Lockridge: 2-for-5
Lockridge has a four-game hit streak.
- Kyle Gray: 1-for-4, 1 walk
- Canaan Smith: 3-for-4, 2 runs scored, 1 double
Smith’s hit streak is now at 10 games. He is 15-for- 38 (.395) during the streak, raising his season batting line is now up to .311/.384/.459
- Mickey Gasper: 2-for-3, 2 runs scored, 1 walk
Gasper has had multiple hits in his last three games. He is now hitting .290/.380/.500, not bad for the former 27th round pick out of Bryant.
- Frederick Cuevas: 1-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 walk
Cuevas is 5-for-16 (.313) since coming off the injured list.
- Josh Stowers: 0-for-5
Stowers hit streak ends at 10 games.
- Luis Medina: 4.2IP 2H 2R 2ER 6BB 3SO
Threw 42/92 pitches for strikes (46%). Medina has struck out 18 and walked 19 in 18 2/3 innings of work, allowing 17 runs on 26 hits. He also hit four batters this season. He has allowed three home runs this season, the most out of any RiverDogs pitchers.
- Jhony Brito: 4.1IP 4H 1R 1ER 1BB 3SO
Threw 38/61 pitches for strikes (62%). Brito’s season ERA sits at 1.86 after being promoted from extended spring training. The under-the-radar pitching prospect sat out all of 2018 after undergoing Tommy John surgery. He has struck out 11 batters over 9 2/3 innings of work in three games for the RiverDogs, allowing just two earned runs. This was his longest appearance since June 25, 2017, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Aberdeen Ironbirds with the Staten Island Yankees.