There was not much action in the New York Yankees organization on Thursday as only three teams took the field. However, two affiliates had their home opener and one of them won their game in extra innings. Meanwhile, one top pitching prospect in Tampa did not allow an earned run in his outing. Find out how those games went and more in our Pinstriped Performances and vote for our Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) April 12, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (4-4) won their home opener in walk-off fashion, 9-8, in 10 innings over the Buffalo Bisons.
- Gosuke Katoh was 2-for-4 with a walk, a two-run home run in the bottom of the third (2) and three RBIs (5,6,7).
- Kyle Higashioka left the game after two at-bats. However, he went 1-for-2 with a two-run single in the first (3,4).
- Trey Amburgey (2-for-6, triple) and Ryan McBroom (2-for-5, double) had multi-hit games.
- Mandy Alvarez went 1-for-1 and had a pinch-hit walk-off infield single in the 10th (5).
- Chance Adams took the no-decision in his start. He allowed three runs on five hits, struck out five, and walked two in 4.1 innings of work. 62 of his 94 pitches were for strikes.
- Cale Coshow (1-0) won the game in relief. He struck out four batters and walked two over two hitless innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (2-6) had their comeback fall short against the St. Lucie Mets as they lost, 8-6. They’ve lost four games in a row.
- Oswaldo Cabrera went 2-for-3 with an RBI single in the ninth (3).
- Tyler Hill was 1-for-3 with a walk and a two-run single in the ninth (5,6).
- Chris Hess went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the ninth (1).
- Deivi Garcia (0-2) did not allow an earned run but took the loss. He allowed two unearned runs on four hits, struck out six, and walked two over four innings of work. 46 of his 79 pitches were for strikes.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (4-4) were shut out by the Greensboro Grasshoppers, 4-0, in their home opener.
- Josh Stowers had the lone extra-base hit. He went 1-for-4 with a double.
- Brandon Lockridge (1-for-4) and Eduardo Torrealba (1-for-3) had the other hits for Charleston.
- Matt Sauer (0-1) took the loss in this game. He allowed two runs on five hits, struck out four, and walked five over 4.2 innings. 43 of his 80 pitches went for strikes.
- Jio Orozco finished the night out of the bullpen. He allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits and struck out six over the final 4.1 innings.