It was a winning day in the New York Yankees organization as they went 6-3 in the nine games that were played on Thursday. The highlight of the night was the Charleston Riverdogs using three pitchers to throw a no-hitter. Plus, Staten Island had only two hits in an extra-inning win and a late surge by Tampa led to a victory. Find out who were the stars of the night with our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (75-46) lost 3-1 to the Tampa Bay Rays in the series finale.
- Giancarlo Stanton was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and an RBI (77).
- Aaron Hicks went 1-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Masahiro Tanaka (9-4) went six innings, allowed two runs on nine hits and struck out six on 92 pitches (61 strikes) in a loss.
- Zach Britton struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 seventh.
- David Robertson allowed an unearned run on one hit, walked a batter, and struck out one in the eighth.
- Tommy Kahnle walked one batter and struck out one in a scoreless ninth.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (63-58) lost 7-4 to the Norfolk Tides in 10 innings.
- Gio Urshela went 3-for-5 with a triple and two doubles, which included a game-tying double in the ninth (17).
- Wilkin Castillo went 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI double in the second (8).
- Devyn Bolasky was 1-for-5 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the second (3).
- Abiatal Avelino (2-for-5, double) and Zack Zehner (2-for-5) had multi-hit games.
- Chance Adams went 5.1 innings, gave up three runs on seven hits, struck out a batter, and walked four on 104 pitches (58 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Stephen Tarpley struck out four batters and walked one over 2.2 hitless innings of relief.
- Cale Coshow (1-4) lost the game in relief. In two innings of work, he allowed four runs (three earned) on three hits, struck out two, and walked two.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (65-56) lost 3-2 to the Portland Sea Dogs.
- Jorge Saez was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double in the second (12).
- Rashad Crawford went 1-for-3 with a double.
- Wendell Rijo (1-for-4) had the other hit for Trenton.
- Nick Green (0-1) took the loss in his Trenton debut. He went five innings, gave up three runs (two earned) on six hits, struck out a batter, and walked two on 92 pitches (51 strikes).
- James Reeves walked two batters and struck out two in the sixth.
- Chase Hodson walked three and struck out two hitters in the seventh.
- David Sosebee allowed one hit and struck out three in the eighth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (59-64) scored six runs in the top of the ninth in their 10-6 win over the Palm Beach Cardinals.
- Dom Thompson-Williams was 1-for-4 with a bases-clearing triple in the top of the ninth (45,46,47).
- Ben Ruta went 1-for-4 with a stolen base and a two-run single in the eighth (37,38).
- Hoy Jun Park was 2-for-5 with an RBI single in the ninth (32).
- Dalton Lehnen went 5.2 innings in his start. He allowed two runs on seven hits, struck out two, and walked one on 77 pitches (51 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Justin Kamplain came in after Lehnen. He allowed an unearned run on no hits and walked a batter over 1.1 scoreless innings.
- Kyle Zurak (1-2) picked up the win. In 1.2 innings of work, he allowed three runs on five hits, struck out two, and walked two.
- Hobie Harris got the final out of the game via strikeout for his first save.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (56-63) threw a combined no-hitter in a 7-1 win over the Delmarva Shorebirds.
- Eduardo Navas was 1-for-3 with a walk and a solo home run in the sixth (2).
- Leonardo Molina went 1-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI single in the second (35).
- Oswaldo Cabrera (2-for-5) and Wilkerman Garcia (2-for-3) both had multi-hit games.
- Janson Junk (6-4) started the no-hit bid. In five innings of work, he allowed an unearned run, struck out six, and walked one on 73 pitches (48 strikes) in the win.
- Austin DeCarr came in after Junk. He struck out three batters and walked two over three hitless innings.
- Daniel Alvarez capped it off with a 1-2-3 ninth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (29-26) defeated the Hudson Valley Renegades, 3-2, in 10 innings.
- Kyle Gray went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the fourth (13).
- Harold Cortijo got a no-decision in his start. He went five innings, allowed two runs (one earned) on four hits, struck out six, and walked one on 82 pitches (48 strikes).
- Drew Finley struck out two batters over two perfect innings of relief.
- Garrett Mundell (4-2) allowed two hits, struck out three, and walked one in two scoreless innings as he got the win.
- Ron Marinaccio struck out the side in the 10th for his first save with Staten Island.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (27-28) picked up a 7-2 win over the Kingsport Mets.
- Nelson Gomez went 1-for-3 with a two-run home run (10) in the bottom of the second.
- Juan De Leon was 1-for-2 with three stolen bases, two walks, and a two-run single in the fourth (19,20).
- Miguel Torres went 0-for-1 off the bench with two walks and an RBI (2).
- Mickey Gasper was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI single in the seventh (22).
- Pedro Espinola had a no-decision in his outing. In 3.1 innings of work, he allowed two unearned runs on three hits, struck out three, and walked four on 76 pitches (48 strikes).
- Jhonatan Munoz (2-2) took the win in relief. He allowed two hits, struck out six, and walked one over 3.2 scoreless innings.
- Brett Morales allowed one hit, struck out three, and walked one without allowing a run in the final two innings.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The GCL East squad (16-30) defeated GCL Phillies East by a final score of 9-6.
- Christian Andrade went 1-for-3 with a walk and a two-run home run in the bottom of the seventh (2).
- Jose Villa was 2-for-4 with an RBI (19).
- Alexander Santana went 2-for-4 with a triple and three RBIs (6,7,8).
- Sandy Mota was 2-for-4 with an RBI (13).
- Chace Numata was 0-for-1 with a walk and an RBI (2).
- Elvis Peguero got the start. He went 4.2 innings, gave up five runs (four earned) on seven hits and struck out eight in a no-decision.
- Derek Craft (1-1) got the win in relief. He allowed one hit and struck out three over 2.1 scoreless innings.
- Blakely Brown allowed one run on one hit, struck out one, and walked one in the eighth.
- Barrett Loseke struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth for his first save.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (26-37) held the DSL Angels to four hits in a 2-0 win.
- Nelson Medina went 1-for-4 with a solo home run (1) in the top of the first.
- Carlos A. Rodriguez was 0-for-2 with the other RBI (1).
- Cristian Sumoza (2-4) threw five shutout innings, allowed three hits, struck out three, and walked one in a victory.
- Felix Alonzo picked up a four-inning save (2). He gave up only one hit, struck out four, and walked two.