It was a winning day in the New York Yankees organization on Thursday as the nine affiliates combined to go 5-4 as the big league club had the day off. One Pulaski pitcher had his second double-digit strikeout game of the year and Scranton’s starter is now 2-for-2 in wins at the Triple-A level. Find out about those outings and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (66-61) defeated the Buffalo Bisons, 7-3.
- Wilkin Castillo went 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the sixth (10).
- Zack Zehner was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double in the fourth (38).
- Ricky Surum came off the bench and went 1-for-2 with a walk and an RBI single in the sixth (1).
- Ryan McBroom had a multi-hit game (2-for-5, double).
- Adonis Rosa (2-0) went 6.1 innings, allowed one run on four hits, struck out two, and walked three on 100 pitches (60 strikes) in a win.
- Joe Harvey allowed two hits and struck out three over the final 1.2 innings as he picked up his seventh save.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (69-60) lost 8-3 to the Reading Fightin’ Phils.
- Wendell Rijo went 1-for-5 with an RBI double in the ninth (9).
- Jhalan Jackson was 1-for-1 with three walks, a stolen base, and an RBI single in the sixth (40).
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-5 with two stolen bases.
- Nick Green (0-2) went 5.1 innings, allowed six runs (five earned) on five hits, struck out four, and walked three on 95 pitches (57 strikes) in a loss.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (64-65) defeated the St. Lucie Mets, 8-2, and won their fourth game in a row.
- Dom Thompson-Williams was 1-for-3 with a walk and a bases-clearing triple in the top of the third (53,54,55).
- Diego Castillo went 1-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and a pair of RBIs (49,50).
- Isiah Gilliam was 1-for-5 with an RBI double in the fifth (68).
- Angel Aguilar went 2-for-3 with a double and a stolen base.
- Jason Lopez was 1-for-3 with a walk and a pair of RBIs (4,5).
- Albert Abreu (4-3) got the win in his start. He went five innings, gave up two runs on four hits, struck out four, and walked four on 92 pitches (49 strikes).
- Christian Morris allowed two hits in three scoreless innings of relief.
- Braden Bristo allowed a hit and walked a batter in a scoreless ninth.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (58-67) had three hits in a 6-0 loss to the Greenville Drive.
- Carlos Vidal was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Oswaldo Cabrera (1-for-4) and Frederick Cuevas (1-for-3) had the other two hits.
- Janson Junk (6-5) started the game and took the loss. He went five innings, allowed four runs on eight hits, struck out seven, and walked two on 95 pitches (65 strikes).
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (33-29) were held to four hits in a 6-2 loss to the Aberdeen Ironbirds.
- Kyle Gray was 1-for-4 with a two-run home run (6) in the top of the seventh.
- Josh Breaux went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Junior Soto (1-for-3, double) had the other hit for Staten Island.
- Drew Finley (2-4) took the loss in relief. He went two innings, allowed two runs on five hits and struck out two.
- Aaron McGarity allowed two unearned runs on one hit, struck out two batters, and walked one in the seventh.
- Keegan Curtis struck out two batters in a 1-2-3 eighth during his Staten Island debut.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (30-32) defeated the Princeton Rays, 3-2.
- Carlos Narvaez was 1-for-4 with a two-run single in the bottom of the first (8,9).
- Oswald Peraza was 1-for-4 with the only extra-base hit (double) and two stolen bases.
- Carlos Tatis (2-for-4) and Griffin Garabito (2-for-3) had multi-hit games.
- Pedro Espinola (1-1) won his first game of the season. In six innings of work, he allowed one run on two hits, struck out ten, and walked two on 80 pitches (50 strikes).
- Marcus Evey allowed one run on two hits, struck out four, and walked two in 2.2 innings of relief.
- Austin Gardner got the final out of the game (strikeout) for his third save.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West (25-26) had a 3-2 win over GCL Phillies East while the East (18-35) was held to five hits in a 3-0 loss to GCL Tigers West.
- Starlin Paulino went 2-for-2 with a double.
- Alexander Santana (1-for-4) and Raymundo Moreno (1-for-3, walk) had the other hits.
- Anyelo Luna threw 3.1 shutout innings. He allowed two hits, struck out three, and walked one in a no-decision.
- Blakely Brown (0-1) allowed an unearned run on two hits and struck out two.
- Tyler Johnson allowed one hit and struck out two without allowing a run over the final 2.1 innings.
- Jose Martinez was 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the top of the fourth (5).
- Stanley Rosario was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI (19).
- Anthony Garcia went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Leonardo Pestana went 3.1 innings in his start. He allowed two runs on four hits and struck out eight in a no-decision.
- Carlos D. Rodriguez (4-3) threw 4.2 shutout innings in a win. He allowed three hits, struck out four, and walked one.
- Jackson Bertsch allowed two hits and struck out two over 1.2 scoreless innings as he got his seventh save of the year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (27-42) picked up an 8-5 win over DSL Mets 1.
- Nelson Medina was 1-for-5 with a triple and two RBIs (14,15).
- Alan Mejia went 3-for-5 with a triple and an RBI (12).
- Angel Rojas was 2-for-4 with an RBI (25).
- Miguel Marte went 3-for-5 with an RBI (25).
- Ronny Rojas was 1-for-3 with a stolen base and an RBI (21).
- Carlos A. Rodriguez went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI (2).
- Deivi Munoz was 1-for-4 with four stolen bases.
- Bias Castano went five innings in his start. He allowed three runs on five hits, struck out two, and walked two in a no-decision.
- Yon Castro (4-4) got the win in relief. He went three innings, allowed two runs (one earned) on four hits and walked a batter.
- Ismael Gomez struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth for his third save.