While the Tarpons had their game rained out on Thursday, the Yankees affiliates combined to go 3-1 in the four games that were played. The Dominican Summer League had a walk-off win, Trenton got a shutout outing from one of their starters in a shortened game, and Charleston saw a bounce-back outing from their starters and a player record two home runs at the plate.
Find out who those players were and more in our Pinstriped Performances and vote for our Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) June 14, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (38-26) lost to the Norfolk Tides, 4-3.
- Gosuke Katoh was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fourth (19).
- Ryan McBroom went 1-for-4 with an RBI groundout in the fourth (31). McBroom has an RBI in three of his last four games.
- Mike Ford was 1-for-3 with two walks.
- Trey Amburgey went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Kyle Higashioka was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Brody Koerner (3-1) pitched well in a loss. He allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits, struck out five, and walked one over seven innings. 66 of his 93 pitches were strikes. Koerner has gone seven innings in back-to-back starts.
- Kaleb Ort allowed one run on three hits in the eighth. 12 of his 17 pitches were strikes.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (36-25) defeated the Binghamton Rumble Ponies, 4-1, in 7 innings.
- Kellin Deglan was 1-for-3 with a two-run home run (2) in the top of the sixth. Deglan is on a four-game hit streak.
- Brandon Wagner went 2-for-3 with a solo home run in the second (5).
- Rashad Crawford was 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the fourth (27). Crawford has a hit in five of his last six games.
- Kyle Holder went 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Chris Gittens was 2-for-3 with a walk and a double.
- Brady Lail finished the night for Trenton. He allowed one run on one hit, struck out three, and walked one in two innings of relief. 20 of his 31 pitches were strikes.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (28-38) had their game against the Fort Myers Miracle canceled due to rain.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (36-31) combined to throw a one-hitter in their 10-0 win over the Greenville Drive.
- Canaan Smith had another great game at the plate. He was 3-for-4 with two home runs (6,7) and four RBIs (27,28,29,30).
- Kyle Gray was 2-for-4 with a bases-clearing triple in the bottom of the seventh (31,32,33).
- Omar Carrizales went 2-for-4 with a two-run triple in the seventh (2,3).
- Eduardo Torrealba was 2-for-2 with a walk, a double, and a sacrifice fly in the seventh (12).
- Anthony Seigler went 2-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Ron Marinaccio picked up the save for Charleston. He allowed one hit, struck out four, and walked one over three shutout innings. 31 of 44 pitches were strikes. It was his first save of the year. Marinaccio has four K’s in each of his two relief appearances this year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (5-5) defeated the DSL Rockies, 10-7, in 13 innings.
- Wilfre Favelo came off the bench and went 1-for-1 with a walk and a walk-off three-run home run in the bottom of the 13th (1).
- Maikol Escotto was 3-for-6 with a double and an RBI single in the 11th (2).
- Kevin Alcantara was 1-for-5 with a walk and an RBI double in the 10th (6). Alcantara has an RBI in four of his last five games.
- Agustin Ramirez went 1-for-5 with an RBI double in the fourth (4).
- Marcos Cabrera was 1-for-6 with an RBI double in the ninth (4).
- Jesus Rodriguez went 0-for-4 with an RBI (4).
- Kelvin Espino was 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the 10th (3).
- Deurys Marte got the start. He went 3.2 innings, allowed two runs (one earned) on two hits, struck out three, and walked two.
- Diego Cordero allowed one unearned run on one hit and struck out a batter over 1.1 innings of relief.
- Renso Mejia allowed one hit and struck out one in four shutout innings after Cordero.
- Ismael Gomez allowed two unearned runs on one hit and struck out two over three innings.
- Starling Perez (1-0) got the win after a 1-2-3 13th inning.