In the seven games that were played in the New York Yankees organization on Tuesday (Dominican Summer League had a tie), the affiliates combined for a 3-4 record as Charleston and Staten Island had the night off. Scranton Wilkes-Barre had all their runs in one inning and Trenton’s starting pitcher put together another strong outing. Plus, Pulaski used two home runs to pick up a victory. Find out all about those games and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (75-44) won their series opener against the Tampa Bay Rays, 4-1.
- Austin Romine was 1-for-3 with a two-run home run in the bottom of the fifth (8).
- Greg Bird went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double in the eighth (29).
- Aaron Hicks (1-for-3, walk) started the scoring with a base hit in the fifth.
- Miguel Andujar went 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Giancarlo Stanton was 1-for-3 with a walk and a double.
- J.A. Happ (13-6) was dominant in a win. In seven shutout innings, he allowed one hit, struck out four, and walked four on 106 pitches (71 strikes).
- Dellin Betances allowed one run on one hit and struck out one batter in the eighth.
- Aroldis Chapman gave up one hit and struck out a batter in the ninth for his 31st save.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (62-56) defeated the Indianapolis Indians, 7-3, in five innings. All seven runs came in the fifth. The second game of their doubleheader was postponed due to rain and will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Wednesday. Game 1 will start at 5:05 p.m ET.
- Wilkin Castillo was 2-for-2 with an RBI single (7).
- Tyler Wade went 1-for-3 with an RBI single (22).
- Ryan McBroom was 1-for-3 with the go-ahead two-run single (41,42).
- Luke Voit had a multi-hit game (2-for-3).
- Gio Urshela was 1-for-2 with a double.
- Erik Swanson (2-2) had a complete game win. In five innings of work, he allowed three runs on four hits, struck out seven, and walked two on 90 pitches (61 strikes).
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (65-54) lost in walk-off fashion to the Portland Sea Dogs, 5-2, in 10 innings
- Mandy Alvarez was 1-for-5 with an RBI double in the 10th (52).
- Bruce Caldwell went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Ryan Bollinger threw seven shutout innings, allowed seven hits, and struck out five on 107 pitches (63 strikes).
- David Sosebee allowed one run on four hits and struck out two over two innings.
- Matt Wivinis (0-1) allowed four runs (three earned) on two hits and struck out a batter in a loss as he only got one out in the 10th.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (58-63) lost 6-1 to the Palm Beach Cardinals.
- Dom Thompson-Williams was 1-for-4 with a stolen base.
- Diego Castillo (1-for-4) and Daniel Barrios (1-for-3) had the other two hits.
- Nick Nelson (6-5) went 5.1 innings, allowed five runs (two earned) on five hits, struck out six, and walked three on 93 pitches (58 strikes) in a loss.
- Hobie Harris allowed two hits and struck out two over 1.2 scoreless innings.
- Braden Bristo allowed an unearned run on one hit in the eighth.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (26-24) defeated the Danville Braves, 5-4.
- Jordan Scott went 2-for-4 with a three-run home run in the bottom of the sixth (3).
- Mickey Gasper was 2-for-4 with a two-run home run in the first (8).
- Carlos Tatis went 2-for-3 with a double and a stolen base.
- Everson Pereira was 1-for-2 with two walks.
- Luis Medina struggled on the mound. He went 2.1 innings, allowed two runs on one hit, struck out five, and walked seven on 67 pitches (30 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Wellington Diaz (3-1) got the win in relief. He went 4.2 innings, gave up two runs on two hits, struck out four, and walked three.
- Alex Mejias allowed two hits and struck out a batter over two scoreless innings as he got his first save.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The East (14-30) lost 4-1 to GCL Tigers West while the West (21-23) lost 6-2 to GCL Phillies East.
- Jesus Severino went 2-for-4 with a stolen base and an RBI (12).
- Juan Then (0-3) had a quality start in a loss. He went six innings, allowed three runs (one earned) on five hits, struck out five, and walked two.
- Josh Maciejewski struck out two batters and walked one in a scoreless seventh.
- Jose Peguero allowed one run on one hit, struck out two, and walked two in the eighth.
- Anthony Garcia went 1-for-4 with a solo home run in the bottom of the first (7).
- Jose Martinez was 2-for-4 with an RBI (14).
- Stanley Rosario and Roberto Chirinos both were 1-for-4 with a double.
- Nelvin Correa (1-3) went five innings, allowed five runs on nine hits, struck out three, and walked one in a loss.
- Edward Paredes allowed two hits and struck out two over two scoreless innings of relief.
- Havid Burgos allowed one run on two hits, struck out three, and walked one over the final two innings.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (24-37) ended up finishing in a 3-3 tie with the DSL Phillies Red.
- Dionys Vallejo went 2-for-3 with a solo home run in the bottom of the fifth (3).
- Juan Crisp was 1-for-3 with an RBI (21).
- Madison Santos went 1-for-3 with a triple and an RBI (26).
- Angel Rojas was 1-for-2 with a triple, a walk, and a stolen base.
- Angel Obando went six innings, allowed one run on five hits, and struck out four in a no-decision.
You must be logged in to post a comment.