Out of the 10 games that were played in the New York Yankees organization on Tuesday, the Yankees and their affiliates had a 5-5 record (Scranton Wilkes-Barre had their game suspended and Pulaski was rained out). There was a pair of extra-inning wins in New York and Charleston, a Trenton outfielder drove in all three runs, and Tampa got a good performance from the Yankees’ top position player prospect. Find out about his night and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (79-46) defeated the Miami Marlins, 2-1, in 12 innings.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 2-for-6 with a double in his return to Miami.
- Neil Walker was 2-for-3 with two walks and an RBI single in the top of the sixth (34).
- Miguel Andujar went 1-for-5 with the game-winning sac fly in the 12th (66).
- Brett Gardner was 1-for-4 with two walks and a stolen base.
- Masahiro Tanaka went six innings, allowed one run on four hits, struck out four, and walked one on 82 pitches (55 strikes).
- Zach Britton struck out one in a 1-2-3 seventh.
- Jonathan Holder struck out the side in the 10th.
- A.J. Cole (4-1) got the win in relief. He allowed one hit, struck out a batter, and walked two in the 11th.
- Tommy Kahnle got his first save of the year after Aroldis Chapman left in the 12th due to injury. Kahnle struck out one of the three hitters he faced.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (65-59) had their game against the Buffalo Bison suspended in the bottom of the ninth with the game tied at 1. They will finish the game on Wednesday at 6 p.m and play a full nine-inning game afterward.
- Tyler Wade was 1-for-3 with a triple and a walk.
- Abiatal Avelino went 0-for-4 with an RBI groundout in the top of the first (38).
- Gio Urshela (1-for-4) and Zack Zehner (1-for-3) had the other two hits.
- Justus Sheffield made his first appearance out of the bullpen. He went two innings, allowed one run on two hits, and struck out two on 36 pitches (25 strikes).
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (68-59) lost 7-3 to the Hartford Yard Goats.
- Wendell Rijo also had a three-hit game (3-for-5).
- Bruce Caldwell went 2-for-4 with a walk and a double.
- Trey Amburgey was 1-for-4 with a double.
- Trevor Stephan pitched well in a no-decision. In five innings of work, he allowed one run on one hit, struck out seven, and walked two on 85 pitches (59 strikes).
- James Reeves (2-2) took the loss in relief. He allowed three runs on two hits and walked a batter while getting two outs in the sixth.
- Trevor Lane allowed one hit over the final two innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (62-65) began their series against the St. Lucie Mets with an 8-3 win.
- Estevan Florial went 3-for-4 with a double, a walk, a solo home run in the eighth (3), and two RBIs (23,24).
- Jason Lopez was 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the second (3).
- Hoy Jun Park went 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI single in the fifth (33).
- Diego Castillo was 2-for-2 with three walks and a stolen base.
- Angel Aguilar was 1-for-4 with a double.
- Deivi Garcia (1-0) picked up his first win for Tampa. He went six innings, allowed one run on seven hits, struck out two, and walked one on 82 pitches (54 strikes).
- Greg Weissert struck out two batters and did not allow a hit over the final 1.2 innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (58-66) edged out a 3-2 win over the West Virginia Power.
- Dermis Garcia was 1-for-4 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the sixth (41).
- Oswaldo Cabrera went 1-for-3 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the first (46).
- Carlos Vidal was 1-for-3 with a walk and a double.
- David Metzgar had the other hit of the night for Charleston (1-for-5).
- Miguel Yajure allowed one hit over five innings in a no-decision. He struck out five batters and walked two on 77 pitches (46 strikes).
- Austin DeCarr came in after Yajure. In two innings of work, he allowed a run on two hits, struck out two, and walked two.
- Daniel Alvarez (1-2) struck out two batters over 1.1 perfect innings of relief for his first win with Charleston.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (32-28) were held to two hits in an 8-0 loss to the Lowell Spinners.
- Josh Breaux and Andres Chaparro had the two hits for Staten Island (both were 1-for-3).
- Abel Duarte allowed one hit and struck out a batter in a scoreless ninth.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (29-30) had their game against the Princeton Rays postponed due to rain. They will play a doubleheader on Wednesday with Game 1 beginning at 6 p.m.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie)
GCL East: The East (18-33) lost their suspended game to the GCL Blue Jays, 5-4. However, they won Game 2, 8-7, in extra innings (9 innings).
- Matt McGarry was 3-for-5 with a double and an RBI (6).
- Asdrubal Alvarez went 1-for-3 with a stolen base an RBI (12).
- Jose Villa was 1-for-3 with a double and two RBIs (19,20).
- Domingo German (0-1) took the loss in the first outing of his rehab assignment. He went 1.1 innings, allowed five runs on three hits, struck out two, and walked two.
- Abismael Villaman allowed two hits, struck out five, and walked two over 4.2 scoreless innings.
- Blakely Brown struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 eighth.
- Christian Andrade went 2-for-5 with a stolen base, a two-run home run in the bottom of the fourth (3), and drove in four runs (5,6,7,8). Also, he had the walk-off single in the ninth.
- Jesus Severino was 1-for-4 and drove in two runs (16,17).
- Starlin Paulino went 1-for-2 with a double and two walks.
- Elvis Peguero went two innings, gave up three runs on four hits, struck out a batter, and walked two in a no-decision.
- Nestor Oronel came in the game after Peguero. He allowed a hit, struck out three, and walked one over two scoreless innings.
- Barrett Loseke allowed one run on three hits and struck out a batter in the fifth.
- Jairo Garcia (1-0) got the win in relief. He went 2.1 innings, allowed an unearned run on one hit, struck out three, and walked two.
GCL West: The West (23-26) lost the suspended game to the GCL Pirates 5-3 in eight innings and won Game 2, 5-2.
- Mitchell Robinson was 1-for-3 with a pair of RBIs (10,11).
- Roberto Chirinos (1-for-4) and Jesus Graterol (1-for-3) had the other two hits.
- Deivi Diaz allowed one run on one hit, struck out a batter, and walked two over 1.1 innings of relief.
- Luis Ojeda went 3.2 innings, allowed one run on one hit, struck out two, and walked one.
- Argelis Herrera (0-1) was the losing pitcher. He allowed three runs (two earned) on three hits in the eighth.
- Anthony Garcia was 1-for-3 with a walk and a solo home run in the top of the first (10).
- Mitchell Robinson went 1-for-2 with a solo home run in the fourth (1).
- Meure Rodriguez had a multi-hit game (2-for-3).
- Sincere Smith was 1-for-3 with a triple.
- Nelvin Correa (2-3) took the win in his start. He went five innings, allowed two runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked one in a win.
- Edward Paredes struck out a batter and allowed one hit in a scoreless sixth.
- Jackson Bertsch struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 seventh as he got his sixth save of the year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (26-41) lost 6-5 in 10 innings to DSL Cardinals Blue.
- Ronny Rojas was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (20).
- Miguel Marte went 2-for-5 with a triple and an RBI (24).
- Enyerberth Ascanio was 0-for-2 with two walks and an RBI (19).
- Madison Santos went 2-for-5 with a pair of triples.
- Carlos Moreno was 2-for-5 with a triple.
- Carlos Gomez had a no-decision in his start. In five innings of work, he allowed four runs (three earned) on six hits, struck out five, and walked two.
- Joensy Abreu allowed one hit, struck out three, and walked one over two scoreless innings.
- Juan Carderon (0-1) allowed one run on three hits, struck out two, and walked one in two innings of work in a loss.