With Tampa getting rained out on Tuesday, only six games were played in the New York Yankees organization and the affiliates combined to go 3-3. The big league club had a walk-off win and their star catcher hit another home run for Scranton Wilkes-Barre on his rehab assignment. Meanwhile, the Thunder had their designated hitter drive in three runs and Staten Island picked up a much-needed win for their playoff hopes. Check out more about these games in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (84-48) defeated the Chicago White Sox in walk-off fashion, 5-4.
- Neil Walker (1-for-1) hit a pinch-hit, walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth (9).
- Aaron Hicks was 1-for-3 with a walk and the game-tying two-run home run in the eighth (22).
- Miguel Andujar went 1-for-4 with a two-run home run in the sixth (22).
- Brett Gardner was 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Lance Lynn went 5.2 innings, gave up three runs on seven hits, struck out five, and walked one on 103 pitches (68 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Jonathan Holder allowed one run on two hits and struck out a batter over 2.1 innings.
- Dellin Betances (4-3) struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth as he got the win.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (68-64) lost 10-2 to the Syracuse Chiefs.
- Gio Urshela was 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the first (23).
- Zack Zehner (1-for-3, walk) and Rey Navarro (1-for-4) had the other two hits.
- Adonis Rosa (2-1) went 5.2 innings, allowed nine runs (five earned) on 10 hits, struck out four, and walked two on 93 pitches (68 strikes) in the loss.
- David Sosebee allowed an unearned run on four hits and struck out a batter over 1.1 innings of relief.
- Brady Lail did not allow a run on two hits and struck out two over the final two innings.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (74-60) defeated the Altoona Curve, 8-1.
- Jorge Saez went 3-for-6 with three RBIs (16,17,18).
- Trey Amburgey was 1-for-4 with a two-run double in the fifth (73,74).
- Bruce Caldwell went 2-for-4 with two walks and a triple.
- Brandon Wagner was 3-for-6 with an RBI single in the eighth (9).
- Wendell Rijo went 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI groundout in the sixth (11).
- Jonathan Loaisiga went four innings in his start. He allowed one run on five hits and struck out three on 58 pitches (42 strikes).
- Trevor Lane allowed two hits, struck out four, and walked one while not giving up a run in the final two innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (67-66) had their game against the Florida Fire Frogs postponed due to rain. They will make the game up as part of a doubleheader Wednesday with Game 1 beginning at 5 p.m ET.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (60-70) lost 11-2 to the Columbia Fireflies.
- Dermis Garcia was 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double in the top of the third (43).
- Chris Hess went 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Miguel Yajure (4-3) went 4.1 innings, allowed seven runs on 10 hits, struck out two, and walked one on 78 pitches (57 strikes).
- Carlos Espinal allowed one hit and struck out a batter in a scoreless eighth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (35-32) picked up an 8-4 win over the Hudson Valley Renegades.
- Canaan Smith was 2-for-4 with a two-run home run in the top of the eighth (3).
- Alex Junior went 2-for-5 with a double and an RBI single in the ninth (14).
- Kyle Gray was 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the seventh (18).
- Jesus Bastidas went 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the seventh (15).
- Eric Wagaman was 1-for-3 with a sacrifice fly in the eighth (15).
- Chris Gittens went 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI double in the top of the ninth (1).
- Josh Breaux led the team in hits as they went 3-for-5.
- Aaron McGarity (2-0) got the win in relief. He went two innings, allowed one run on five hits, and struck out three.
- Garrett Mundell pitched the final two innings. He allowed two hits and struck out three as he got his fourth save.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (31-36) lost 8-5 to the Elizabethton Twins.
- Max Burt was 2-for-4 with a double and a two-run single in the top of the fourth (20,21).
- Mickey Gasper went 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI single in the fourth (28).
- Griffin Garabito went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI double in the eighth (6).
- Pedro Espinola (1-2) took the loss in his start. He went 2.1 innings, gave up five runs (three earned) on four hits, struck out six, and walked three on 70 pitches (43 strikes).
- Marcus Evey struck out three and did not allow a hit over the final two innings.