There were not many games played in the New York Yankees organization on Tuesday. Scranton Wilkes-Barre, Trenton, Charleston, and Staten Island all had the night off. Plus, the Dominican Summer League team had their game rained out. That being said, the two Gulf Coast League teams played a doubleheader against each other, so the combined record ended up being 4-3. While the big league club had a tough loss in Baltimore, Tampa came up with a clutch win late and Pulaski’s offense broke out. Find out who shined on Tuesday with today’s Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (59-31) lost to the Baltimore Orioles in walk-off fashion, 6-5.
- Greg Bird (1-for-3) hit a three-run home run in the top of the fifth (6) and drove in four runs (11,12,13,14).
- Didi Gregorius was 3-for-4 with a double.
- Neil Walker went 1-for-3 and had an RBI single in the seventh (17).
- Masahiro Tanaka got the no-decision in his return to the rotation. In 4.1 innings of work, he gave up three runs on six hits, struck out five, and walked two on 80 pitches (53 strikes).
- David Robertson struck out two batters in a 1-2-3 eighth.
- Dellin Betances (1-3) gave up a run on two hits, hit a batter, struck out one, and walked one in 2/3 of an inning as he took the loss.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (46-42) scored a run in the top of the ninth to defeat the Jupiter Hammerheads, 4-3.
- Dom Thompson-Williams (2-for-4) hit a three-run home run in the first (8).
- Diego Castillo (1-for-3, walk) had the other hit for the Tarpons.
- Ben Ruta was 0-for-2 with two walks and a stolen base.
- Nick Green got the no-decision in his start. He went five innings, gave up three runs on four hits, struck out seven, and walked six on 94 pitches (48 strikes).
- Trevor Lane allowed three hits and struck out a batter over two scoreless innings of relief.
- Phillip Diehl (2-2) allowed a hit and struck out five over the final two innings as he got the win.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (9-12) won their game against the Bristol Pirates in convincing fashion, 11-2.
- Everson Pereira went 2-for-4 and drove in a pair of runs (11,12).
- Charles Vazquez went 2-for-2 with a walk and two RBIs (1,2).
- Max Burt (1-for-5) and Nelson Gomez (1-for-5) each had two RBIs on the night. Burt is at nine RBIs for the year and Gomez has 11.
- Luis Gil (1-0) did not allow a run over five innings. He allowed one hit, struck out five, and walked four on 80 pitches (42 strikes) in a win.
- Wellington Diaz got the ball for the final four innings. He gave up two runs on three hits, struck out four, and walked two as he got his first save of the year.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie: The two Yankees squads went up against each other on Tuesday in a doubleheader. In Game 1, the West defeated the East 4-3 in eight innings. In Game 2, the East (6-12) got a 3-1 victory over the West (8-8).
- Pedro Diaz went 2-for-3 with a double and he drove in two runs (5,6).
- Matt McGarry went 1-for-3 with a triple and a walk.
- Chaz Hebert got the start on his rehab assignment. He struck out three batters and walked one in 1.2 hitless innings.
- Derek Craft struck out three and walked one in two hitless innings of relief.
- Barrett Loseke (0-1) gave up an unearned run and walked a batter in 2/3 of an inning as he took the loss.
- Hemmanuel Rosario went 1-for-3 with an RBI (1).
- Stanley Rosario was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Kyle Johnson gave up a run on one hit, struck out four, and walked two in 2.1 innings of relief.
- Sean Boyle (1-0) struck out five batters in two perfect innings as he got the win.
- Raymundo Moreno (1-for-2) had a triple, a walk, a stolen base, and he drove in two runs (4,5).
- Asdrubal Alvarez was 2-for-2 with an RBI (5).
- Sandy Mota went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Anderson Munoz (1-2) went five innings, gave up no runs on three hits, and struck out nine in a win.
- Josh Maciejewski gave up a run on one hit and struck out three in the final two innings as he got his second save.
- Antonio Cabello (0-for-3) had a walk and an RBI (10).
- Stanley Rosario went 2-for-3 with the lone extra-base hit (double).
- Jesus Graterol (1-for-3) and Gabriel Mora (1-for-3) were the other players with hits.
- Kenily Montas (0-4) went five innings in his start. He gave up two runs on six hits, struck out four, and walked two.
- Havid Burgos allowed three hits and struck out three in 1.1 scoreless innings of relief.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (14-18) had their game against the DSL Phillies Red team postponed due to rain. The two teams will play a doubleheader on Wednesday.
You must be logged in to post a comment.