Check out the top performances across the New York Yankees organization in the latest edition of Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): In front of a packed-house in the Bronx thanks to 500 plus in attendance from Toms River, NJ, the New York Yankees defeated to Cincinnati Reds 4-2, improving their record to 52-46 – just 1.5 games back of the Boston Red Sox for the division lead.
- Jordan Montgomery tossed 6.2 innings of one run baseball, scattering two hits and one walk while striking out six, improving his record to 7-5 on the season.
- Todd Frazier recorded his first hit in Yankees stadium while wearing pinstripes
- Didi Gregorius continued to stay hot, going 2 for 3 with a home run and two RBIs. Gregorius is now hitting .391 since the All-Star break
- Aroldis Chapman tossed a hitless ninth inning to record his 12th save of the season.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): It took extra-innings and some free baseball for the RailRiders to down the Norfolk Tides by the final score of 5-3. The RailRiders are now 63-38 with a 1.0 game lead on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs for first place in the International League North.
- Miguel Andujar led the way, going 3 for 4 with a double and the go-ahead home run in the top of the tenth inning
- Mike Ford also went 2 for 5 with a home run and two RBIs.
- Nick Rumbelow tossed 2.0 scoreless innings out of the pen, scattering just one hit and striking out three as he secured the win, improving his season record to 5-0.
- Despite coughing up three walks, Jonathan Holder pitched a hitless 10th inning, securing his first save of the season.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): After getting rained-out on Monday night, the Trenton Thunder swept a double header over the Hartford Yard Goats at Arm & Hammer Park, winning game one 7-1 and game two 4-0. Trenton improved their overall record to 68-33 and their division lead to 12.0 games over the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
Game 1: 7-1 W
- The newly acquired Ryan McBoom continued to impress, going 2 for 4 with a double, home run, two RBIs and two runs scored
- Zach Zehner went 1 for 4 with a home run, three RBIs and one run scored
- Billy Fleming went 1 for 3 with a triple, an RBI and two runs scored
Game 2: 4-0 W
- Vicente Conde went 1 for 2 with a home run, two RBIs and one run scored
- Amid the trade rumors and speculation, Domingo Acevedo tossed 5.0 dominant innings of shutout ball, scattering just two hits while striking out seven Yard Goat batters, improving to 5-0 on the season
- Colten Brewer sealed the door with two hitless innings out of the ‘pen while striking out three.
Tampa Yankees (Single-A Advanced): In 12 innings, the Tampa Yankees defeated the Palm Beach Cardinals by the final score of 7-6, improving their second half record t0 19-11.
- 2015 first-round draft pick Kyle Holder went 3 for 6 with a home run and two RBIs
- Alexander Palma also recorded a multi-hit game, going 3 for 5 and recorded a single, double and triple – just a home run shy of the cycle
- Tim Lynch went 1 for 5 with a home run and two RBIs
- Gosuke Katoh went 3 for 3 off the bench, including the game-winning walk-off single with two outs in the 12th inning
- Jose Pena hurled two hitless innings out of the ‘pen, improving his record to 2-2 with a 3.20 ERA on the year
Charleston RiverDogs (Single-A): The RiverDogs improved their second half record to 21-10 with a 7-4 win over the Lakewood BlueClaws.
- With plenty of Oakland A’s scouts in attendance, Estevan Florial went 3 for 4 with a double, an RBI and a run scored
- Brandon Wagner went 2 for 3 with a triple, two RBIs and two runs scored
- Isiah Gilliam went 1 for 4 with a home run, three RBIs and a run scored
- David Sosebee scattered one hit while striking out one in route to his eighth save of the season
Staten Island Yankees (Single-A Short Season): With a 2-1 win over the Lowell Spinners, the ‘Baby Bombers’ improved their record to 24-11 – 4.5 games ahead of the Aberdeen IronBirds for first place of the McNamara Division.
- Wilkerman Garcia went 2 for 4 with a double and a run scored
- Dalton Blaser went 1 for 4 with a double and an RBI
- Jorge Guzman tossed 6.0 shutout innings, scattering four hits and two walks while striking out nine
- Brian Trieglaff scattered one hit while striking out in a scoreless ninth to record his fifth save of the season
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): Well, someone in the Yankees system had to lose tonight… the Pulaski Yanks fell 8-3 to the Elizabethon Twins.
- Despite the loss, Dermis Garcia went 1 for 3 with a double
- Eric Wagaman went 2 for 2 with two walks and an RBI, improving his on-base percentage to .351
- Dallas Martinez was the only Pulaski pitcher to not give up an earned run, pitching a scoreless ninth inning to improve his era to 2.79
Gulf Coast League Yankees East & West (Rookie): The Gulf Coast League Yankees East fell to the GCL Blue Jays 2-1 while the Gulf Coast League Yankees West defeated the GCL Pirates 11-3
For the East:
- Jhon Moronta went 2 for 4 with a pair of singles and a run scored
- Daniel Barrios went 1 for 3 with the lone RBI of the day
For the West:
- Oswald Peraza led the way, going 3 for 4 with two doubles, a triple, and 4 RBIs
- Jordan Scott pinch-hit for Juan De Leon and went 1 for 1 with a triple and 2 RBIs
Dominican Summer League Yankees (Rookie): The DSL Yankees fell to the DSL Mets 1 by the final score of 6-4.
- Despite the loss, Antonio Arias went 3 for 4 with 3 RBIs
You must be logged in to post a comment.