With the Riverdogs having the night off on Tuesday, only three Yankees affiliates were in action and all of them ended up being on the winning side. Scranton Wilkes-Barre got a dominant performance from one of their top prospects, Trenton’s offense picked up another win, and Tampa’s starter shut out his opponent. Find out about those players and more in our Pinstriped Performances and vote for your Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 8, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (16-12) began their series against the Indianapolis Indians with a 3-1 victory. They have won six games in a row.
- Matt Lipka was 1-for-2 with a walk and an RBI double in the fifth (8) that got the scoring started.
- Trey Amburgey went 1-for-4 out of the leadoff spot with an RBI single in the fifth (14).
- Kyle Higashioka was 2-for-4 and is on a four-game hit streak.
- Mandy Alvarez went 3-for-4. It is his second three-hit game this month and his third game of three or more hits this year.
- Chance Adams (2-1) was dominant in his win. He allowed one run on two hits, struck out six, and walked one over 6.2 innings. 69 of his 103 pitches were for strikes. He has 22 strikeouts to five walks over his last three starts.
- J.P. Feyereisen came in after Adams. He allowed no runs on one hit and struck out a batter in 1.1 innings of work.
- Cale Coshow struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth for his first save of the year.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (18-10) defeated the Richmond Flying Squirrels, 8-3.
- Rashad Crawford was 1-for-4 with a walk and a three-run home run in the second (3). He has three home runs and seven RBIs over his last four games.
- Hoy Jun Park went 2-for-4 with a double and a walk. He is 7-for-12 at the plate in his last three games.
- Angel Aguilar was 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI single in the seventh (9).
- Omar Carrizales went 1-for-5 with a walk and an RBI triple in the seventh (3).
- Brandon Wagner was 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI (10).
- Ben Ruta went 2-for-4 with a walk. He is hitting .404 on the year and has 13 multi-hit games.
- Albert Abreu got the no-decision in his start. He allowed one run on five hits, struck out four, and walked four over 4.2 innings. 62 of his 94 pitches were for strikes. He has walked three or more batters in five of his six starts.
- Domingo Acevedo (4-1) won the game out of the bullpen. He allowed two runs on four hits and struck out two over 2.1 innings of work. 21 of his 26 pitches were for strikes.
- Will Carter threw two scoreless innings, allowed two hits, and struck out three as he finished the game. Carter has not allowed a run in six straight appearances and has struck out three hitters in each of his last three outings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (15-17) picked up a 4-1 win over the Dunedin Blue Jays.
- Donny Sands went 1-for-3 and got the scoring started with an RBI single in the seventh (5).
- Diego Castillo was 2-for-4 with a double and a stolen base. He is hitting .368 over the seven games that have been played in May.
- Aaron Hicks was 0-for-4 with a strikeout as the designated hitter in his second rehab appearance.
- Pablo Olivares went 1-for-2 with a walk and a stolen base.
- Shawn Semple picked up a no-decision in his start. He allowed four hits, struck out three, and walked two over five shutout innings. 53 of his 85 pitches were for strikes. It was his second start with the Tarpons.
- Matt Frawley (1-0) picked up the win out of the bullpen. He struck out three batters and walked one over three hitless innings. 21 of his 37 pitches were for strikes.
- Kyle Zurak allowed one run on three hits, struck out a batter, and walked one in the ninth. 14 of his 20 pitches were for strikes.