It was not a winning night on Wednesday in the New York Yankees organization as only one of the five teams picked up a victory. With that being said, Scranton Wilkes-Barre was able to get a strong outing from their starter, a player picked up their first home run in the organization for Tampa, and a Charleston pitcher continued his dominant start to the season. Read more about it in our Pinstriped Performances and make sure to vote in our Performer of the Night poll:
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) April 11, 2019
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (5-7) were swept by the Houston Astros as they lost the series finale, 8-6.
- DJ LeMahieu was 3-for-3 with a double and two RBIs (4,5).
- Luke Voit went 1-for-5 with a two-run home run (4) in the top of the eighth.
- Brett Gardner was 1-for-5 and he led off the game with a solo home run (1).
- Gleyber Torres went 2-for-5 with a double.
- James Paxton (1-2) took the loss in this start. He allowed five runs on eight hits, struck out five, and walked three over four innings. 60 of his 95 pitches were for strikes.
- Joe Harvey made his MLB debut. He allowed one hit, struck out three, and walked one over two scoreless innings of relief.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (3-4) wrapped up their road trip with a 3-2 loss to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-5 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the ninth (2).
- Ryan McBroom was 2-for-2 with two walks.
- Nestor Cortes Jr. pitched well in a no-decision. He allowed one run on three hits, struck out five, and walked two over seven innings of work. 50 of his 79 pitches went for strikes.
- Jake Barrett (0-1) took the loss out of the bullpen. He allowed two runs on three hits and struck out a batter in 2/3 of an inning.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (3-3) were defeated by the Akron Rubberducks, 5-2.
- Ben Ruta had the only multi-hit game of the night as he went 2-for-4.
- Welfrin Mateo was 1-for-2 with two walks and an RBI double in the top of the second (1).
- Francisco Diaz went 1-for-3 with a walk and he got the scoring started with an RBI single in the second (1).
- Trevor Stephan (0-1) took the loss in his outing. He allowed four runs (two earned) on six hits, struck out four, and walked two in 3.2 innings of work. 52 of his 78 pitches were for strikes.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (2-5) lost their game against the St. Lucie Mets, 4-3.
- Clarke Schmidt (0-1) struggled with command in a loss. He allowed three runs (two earned) on five hits, struck out three, and walked five over 3.2 innings. 32 of his 64 pitches were for strikes.
- Dalton Lehnen came in after Schmidt. He allowed one run on three hits, struck out five, and walked four over 4.2 innings of work.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (4-3) were able to defeat the Asheville Tourists, 5-3.
- Max Burt was 2-for-5 with an RBI single in the seventh (1).
- Brandon Lockridge went 2-for-4 with two walks and two doubles out of the leadoff spot.
- Mickey Gasper and Eduardo Torrealba both went 3-for-5 (Torrealba had a double).
- Roansy Contreras (2-0) kept the Tourists offense from breaking out on Wednesday night in a win. He allowed two runs on six hits, struck out three, and walked two in five innings of work. 42 of his 67 pitches were for strikes.
- Shawn Semple had another dominant outing. He allowed one run on three hits and struck out a career-high 11 over the final four innings. He picked up his first save of the season.