On Wednesday, the New York Yankees organization combined to go 5-5 in the 10 games that were played. Charleston used a pair of home runs in their win while Staten Island has a reliever that has yet to give up an earned run for the entire season. Meanwhile, Scranton Wilkes-Barre got a complete game from one of their starters in the doubleheader. Find out about those players and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (75-45) lost 6-1 to the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Miguel Andujar was 2-for-4 with a double and a solo home run in the bottom of the second (19).
- Giancarlo Stanton went 1-for-5 with a double.
- Luis Cessa (1-3) took the loss in his start. He went 3.1 innings, gave up five runs on seven hits, struck out four, and walked two on 65 pitches (42 strikes).
- Jonathan Holder struck out both batters he faced in the fourth.
- Chad Green struck out one batter and did not allow a hit over the final 1.2 innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (63-57) split their doubleheader against the Indianapolis Indians. They lost Game 1 by a final score of 7-3 and they won Game 2, 3-1.
- Luke Voit went 2-for-3 with an RBI double in the sixth (1).
- Mark Payton was 1-for-3 with an RBI double in the sixth (24).
- Abiatal Avelino went 1-for-3 with a double.
- Justus Sheffield (5-4) struggled in his start. He went 1.2 innings, allowed four runs on four hits, struck out two, and walked five on 72 pitches (41 strikes) in a loss.
- J.P. Feyereisen allowed two hits, struck out three, and walked two over 2.1 shutout innings.
- Joe Harvey allowed one run on two hits and walked two in the seventh.
- Tyler Wade went 2-for-3 with a stolen base and a solo home run in the bottom of the fifth (4).
- Wilkin Castillo had a multi-hit game (2-for-3).
- Ricky Surum had the other extra-base hit (1-for-2, double).
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (65-55) lost 6-5 to the Portland Sea Dogs.
- Mandy Alvarez was 1-for-4 with a pair of RBIs (53,54).
- Gosuke Katoh went 0-for-3 with a walk and an RBI (32).
- Trevor Stephan went 4.2 innings, allowed three runs on six hits, struck out seven, and walked one on 85 pitches (57 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Matt Frawley (1-1) allowed one run on no hits and walked one on 1.1 innings in a loss.
- Phillip Diehl struck out one of the two batters he faced in the eighth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (58-64) lost 6-4 to the Palm Beach Cardinals.
- Daniel Barrios was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fourth (4).
- Jason Lopez (0-for-3) had a sacrifice fly in the second (2).
- Hoy Jun Park and Angel Aguilar were both 2-for-4.
- Estevan Florial went 2-for-5 out of the leadoff spot.
- Deivi Garcia got a no-decision in his start. He went five innings, allowed three runs (two earned) on five hits, struck out six, and walked one on 78 pitches (48 strikes).
- Christian Morris allowed one run on two hits and struck out two over two innings of work.
- Greg Weissert (1-2) took the loss in relief. He allowed two runs on two hits, struck out one batter, and walked two in the eighth.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (55-63) picked up a 4-3 win over the Delmarva Shorebirds.
- Dermis Garcia went 2-for-4 with a double, a two-run home run in the first (13), and three RBIs (37,38,39).
- Carlos Vidal was 1-for-3 with two walks and a double.
- Miguel Yajure went four innings in his start. He allowed three runs (one earned) on five hits and struck out five on 74 pitches (48 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Daniel Ramos (7-2) allowed three hits, struck out six, and walked two over four shutout innings of relief in a win.
- Carlos Espinal allowed two hits and struck out a batter in the ninth for his third save of the year.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (28-26) defeated the Hudson Valley Renegades, 5-3.
- Kyle Gray went 1-for-3 with three RBIs (10,11,12). He hit a two-run home run (4) in the bottom of the first and had a sacrifice fly in the fifth.
- Josh Breaux was 1-for-4 with an RBI groundout in the third (9).
- Eduardo Torrealba (2-for-3) and Jesus Bastidas (2-for-3, walk) both had multi-hit games.
- Eric Wagaman (0-for-2) had a sacrifice fly in the fourth (13).
- Shawn Semple (3-3) went 5.2 innings, allowed three runs on six hits, struck out five, and walked three on 98 pitches (56 strikes) in the win.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The East squad (15-30) defeated the GCL Phillies West squad, 7-4. Meanwhile, the West (21-24) lost 3-0 to GCL Tigers East.
- Roberto Chirinos and Matt Pita were both 1-for-4.
- Luis Santos (1-for-3, stolen base) had the other hit for the Yankees.
- Kenily Montas (2-6) had a quality start in a loss. In six innings of work, he allowed two runs on five hits, struck out four, and walked one.
- Luis Ojeda allowed one run on two hits and walked two batters over the final two innings.
- Isaiah Pasteur went 2-for-5 with a three-run home run in the bottom of the fourth (4).
- Starlin Paulino went 1-for-4 with a grand slam in the first (1).
- Abismael Villaman (3-1) went 5.2 innings in his start. He allowed four runs (three earned) on seven hits, struck out one batter, and walked two in a win.
- Keegan Curtis allowed two hits and struck out a batter over 1.1 scoreless innings.
- Tyler Johnson allowed a hit in a scoreless eighth.
- Charlie Ruegger allowed one hit and struck out one batter in the ninth for his first save of the year.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (25-37) defeated the DSL Angels, 7-2.
- Anthony Valenzuela went 3-for-4 with a pair of home runs (3,4) and three RBIs. He hit a solo home run in the bottom of the second and a two-run home run in the sixth.
- Ronny Rojas was 1-for-3 with a walk and a two-run home run in the first (5).
- Angel Rojas went 1-for-3 with a triple and an RBI (24).
- Madison Santos was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (27).
- Carlos Gomez (1-3) went 5.2 innings, gave up no runs on two hits, struck out three, and walked three in a win.
- Joensy Abreu allowed one hit and struck out three over 1.1 scoreless innings.
- Abel Estevez pitched the final two innings. He allowed two runs on three hits, struck out four, and walked one.