Who is tonight's Pinstriped Performer of the Night?
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 2, 2019
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (11-12) defeated the Rochester RedWings, 8-6 in extra innings.
- Trey Amburgey: 1-for-5, 1 run scored, 1 RBI
Amburgey has a six-game hit streak, he is 8-for-23 (.347) during that time.
- Gosuke Katoh: 1-for-5, 1 run scored, 1 RBI
Former 2nd round pick in 2013 is having a breakout season so far and is hitting .432 in his last 10 games. Overall this season he is .343/.413/.597.
- Ryan McBroom: 4-for-5, 3 runs scored, 1 double, 1 home run, 2 RBIs
McBroom is hitting .400/.462/.743 in his last 10 games.
- Mandy Alvarez: 1-for-4
- Zack Zehner 2-for-4, 1 run scored, 2 RBIs
- Chance Adams: 6IP 5H 2R 2ER 3BB 7SO
Threw 56/89 pitches for strikes (63%).
- Raynel Espinal: 3IP 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 3SO
Threw 34/45 pitches for strikes (76%).
- Kaleb Ort: 1IP 1H 2R 1ER 2BB 2SO
Threw 20/31 pitches for strikes (65%).
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Trenton Thunder (15-8) lost to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, 4-1 in a day game.
- Hoy Jun Park: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 stolen base
Park is hitting .390 in his last 10 games for the Thunder. Overall this season he is hitting .321/.381/.571 in 56 at-bats over 15 games. He struck out 14 times and walked six times this season.
- Kyle Holder: 1-for-5
- Ben Ruta: 2-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 walk
- Brandon Wagner: 1-for-4
- Rashad Crawford: 1-for-4
- Deivi Garcia: 4IP 3H 4R 3ER 5BB 11SO
This was Garcia’s first start for the Thunder in 2019 after spending the first month of the season in High-A with the Tarpons. He threw 61/96 pitches for strikes (64%).
- Will Carter: 3IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
He threw 28/42 pitches for strikes (67%). This was the second consecutive three-inning outing for Carter. He has not allowed a run since his second game on April 7 (which was the only game he allowed runs).
- Domingo Acevedo: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3IP
Threw 21/25 pitches for strikes (84%). Acevedo has struck out 16 batters in 14 1/3 innings over eight games for the Thunder since moving to the bullpen.
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tampa Tarpons (!1-15) lost to the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 5-3.
- Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-5, 1 run scored, 1 double
Cabrera has an eight-game hit streak going. He is 12-for-34 (.353) during that time with one double and an RBI.
- Troy Tulowitzki: 1-for-1
Tulo was removed from his rehab game with tightness in his left calf.
- Miguel Andujar: 1-for-4, 2 RBIs
- Dermis Garcia: 2-for-4
The former top IFA signee from 2014 is having a career season with the Tarpons hitting .307/.364/.568 in 24 games so far.
- Diego Castillo: 1-for-4, 1 run scored.
Castillo now has a 15-game hitting streak this season. The streak began on April 14. His batting average has risen from .051 to .220 in those 15 games. He is 19-for-57 (.333) during the streak with five doubles, a home run, and seven RBIs.
- Shawn Semple: 7H 4R 4ER 2BB 3SO
Semple threw 59/84 (70%) for strikes. This was Semple’s first game for the Tarpons this season after dominating the South Atlantic League as a piggyback pitcher.
- Hobie Harris: 3IP 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 2SO
Harris threw 28/43 pitches for strikes (65%). This was Harris’ first game back after starting the season on the injured list.
- Matt Wivinis: 1IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
Threw 8/12 pitches for strikes (67%).
Charleston RiverDogs (Class-A): The Charleston RiverDogs (13-13) defeated the Kannapolis Intimidators, 5-1.
- Kyle Gray: 1-for-5, 1 RBI
Gray has hit safely in his last four games.
- Canaan Smith: 2-for-4, 2 runs scored, 1 double
Smith has a six-game hitting streak, going 8-for-20 (.400) in that time period with three doubles, a home run, and two RBIs. He is now hitting .271/.348/.424 in 18 games for the RiverDogs.
- Mickey Gasper: 2-for-4, 1 run scored, 2 RBIs. 1 stolen base
- Isaiah Pasteur: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 3 strikeouts, 1 stolen base
- Jio Orozco: 7IP 6H 1R 1ER 1BB 2SO
Orozco’s seven innings is a career-high. He threw 49/80 pitches for strikes (61%).
- Carlos Espinal: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
He threw 15/23 pitches for strikes (65%). Espinal has not allowed a run in seven innings out of the bullpen across three games since coming up from extended spring training. The 22-year-old is averaging two strikeouts per inning.