On Wednesday night, the four New York Yankees affiliates combined to go 3-1. Scranton Wilkes-Barre got a great game from their leadoff hitter, the Thunder got some good pitching in a close win, and Tampa picked up a sweep of their series. Meanwhile, Charleston got two home runs from one of their top hitters in a loss. Find out more about these games in our Pinstriped Performances and vote for our Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
Who is your Pinstriped Performer of the Night from Wednesday? #Yankees #PinstripePride
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 23, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (22-19) defeated the Pawtucket Red Sox, 8-6.
- Trey Amburgey was 4-for-5 out of the leadoff spot with a two-run home run in the sixth (4). Amburgey has six RBIs in his last five games. It is Amburgey’s second four-hit game of the year.
- Ryan McBroom was 2-for-4 with a double. McBroom has 12 doubles this year.
- Gosuke Katoh went 0-for-2 with two walks.
- Billy Burns was 0-for-2 with a walk and an RBI (11).
- Raynel Espinal threw four shutout innings in his start. He allowed four hits, struck out five, and walked three on 85 pitches (51 strikes).
- Stephen Tarpley (3-0) won the game in relief. He allowed one run on one hit, struck out three, and walked two in three innings of work. 23 of his 40 pitches were strikes. Tarpley has allowed one earned run or fewer in all six appearances in Triple-A.
- Rex Brothers only got one out in the eighth. He allowed four runs on two hits, struck out a batter, and walked one on 28 pitches (13 strikes).
- Joe Harvey allowed an unearned run on one hit and struck out three over the final 1.2 innings. Harvey picked up his second save of the year. 23 of his 36 pitches were strikes.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (26-17) picked up a 3-2 win over the Portland Sea Dogs.
- Rashad Crawford went 1-for-4 with an RBI triple in the bottom of the fourth (20). Crawford is hitting .323 with 12 RBIs this month.
- Zack Zehner was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the third (8). Zehner has a hit in four straight games.
- Matt Lipka went 0-for-3 with a sacrifice fly in the eighth (3).
- Kellin Deglan had a multi-hit game as he went 2-for-4. It was Deglan’s first multi-hit game of the year.
- Kyle Holder was 1-for-4.
- Chris Gittens went 1-for-3.
- Trevor Stephan got the no-decision in his start. He allowed one run on no hits, struck out four, and walked three over 3.2 innings. 30 of his 59 pitches were strikes. Stephan has allowed one hit over his last six innings (two-start stretch).
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (20-25) defeated the Florida Fire Frogs, 7-1. They have won three games in a row.
- Isiah Gilliam was 1-for-4 with a walk and a two-run single in the second (18, 19). Gilliam has four RBIs in his last five games.
- Welfrin Mateo went 2-for-3 with a sacrifice fly in the second (7).
- Pablo Olivares was 3-for-5 with an RBI single in the sixth (8). It was Olivares’ third three-hit game of the year.
- Oswaldo Cabrera was 0-for-5 with an RBI groundout in the sixth (16). Cabrera has driven in a run in four straight games.
- Jason Lopez went 1-for-2 with two walks and a double.
- Frank German (2-2) threw 5.2 shutout innings in a win. He allowed four hits, struck out eight, and walked three on 95 pitches (64 strikes). The eight strikeouts are a career-high and German has allowed two runs or fewer in each of his last four starts.
- Braden Bristo allowed one run on two hits and struck out three over 2.1 innings of relief. 23 of his 34 pitches were for strikes. Bristo has a 0.87 ERA in his last five outings.
- Kyle Zurak struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth. 9 of his 15 pitches were strikes.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (24-22) lost 10-8 to the Asheville Tourists.
- Brandon Lockridge was 2-for-4 with a double and a solo home run in the top of the third (6). Lockridge is hitting .345 in 19 games this month.
- Frederick Cuevas went 2-for-5 with a double and an RBI single in the ninth (8).
- Max Burt was 3-for-4 with a triple out of the number eight spot in the lineup. It is Burt’s first three-hit game of the year.
- Ricky Surum went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the eighth (6).
- Canaan Smith was 1-for-5 and extended his hit streak to eight games.
- Mickey Gasper went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Luis Gil (2-3) took the loss in his start. He allowed seven runs (six earned) on five hits, struck out four, and walked four over four innings. 46 of 87 pitches were strikes. The six runs allowed are a season-high.
- Jhony Brito finished the game for the Riverdogs. He allowed three runs (one earned) on five hits, struck out four, and walked one over the final four innings. 45 of his 70 pitches were strikes. Brito has allowed one earned run or fewer in each of his six outings this year.
You must be logged in to post a comment.