All four teams in the New York Yankees organization were back in action on Wednesday. Scranton Wilkes-Barre continued their winning ways in dramatic fashion and Trenton was able to finish off a sweep with a shutout. Meanwhile, Tampa did not get much in terms of hits and Charleston got another seven-inning outing from one of their starters. Find out about those players and more in our Pinstriped Performances and vote for your Pinstriped Performer of the Night:
#Yankees fans, who is your Pinstriped Performer of the Night from Wednesday? #PinstripePride
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 9, 2019
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (17-12) defeated the Indianapolis Indians in walk-off fashion, 5-4. They have now won seven games in a row.
- Matt Lipka was 2-for-4 with a three-run home run in the second (2). He’s currently on a five-game hit streak.
- Gosuke Katoh went 2-for-5 and he has a multi-hit performance in six of the last ten games.
- Logan Morrison was 0-for-2 with two walks in his Scranton debut.
- Ryan Lavarnway went 0-for-1, but drew three walks at the plate.
- Chad Green started the game. He allowed two runs on three hits, struck out three, and walked one over 2.1 innings in a no-decision. 29 of his 46 pitches were for strikes.
- Daniel Camarena came in after Green in his return to Scranton Wilkes-Barre. He allowed two runs on six hits and struck out four over 4.2 innings. 49 of his 74 pitches were for strikes.
- Stephen Tarpley (1-0) won the game in relief. He allowed two hits and walked a batter over two scoreless innings of work. 15 of his 23 pitches were for strikes.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (19-10) completed a three-game sweep of the Richmond Flying Squirrels with a 10-0 win.
- Jorge Saez had a career day at the plate. The catcher went 2-for-5 with a double, a grand slam in the top of the second (5), and five RBIs (10,11,12,13,14). It is the second time this season he has driven in five runs in a game (April 19 against Portland).
- Rashad Crawford was 2-for-5 with a stolen base and an RBI single in the eighth (18). He’s on a five-game hit streak and has driven in at least one run in each of those games (10 total).
- Hoy Jun Park went 1-for-5 with an RBI single in the second (7). He’s on a four-game hit streak.
- Jeff Hendrix was 2-for-4 with an RBI single in the third (2).
- Chris Gittens went 2-for-4 with a double and a walk. Gittens has five multi-hit performances in his last ten games.
- Wendell Rijo was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Deivi Garcia (1-1) threw five shutout innings in a victory. He allowed five hits, struck out five, and walked three. 62 of his 98 pitches were for strikes.
- Trevor Lane struck out two batters and walked one in a hitless sixth inning. 10 of his 18 pitches were for strikes. Lane has gone six straight outings without allowing a run.
- Jose Mesa Jr. struck out two batters and walked two over two hitless innings. 19 of his 31 pitches were for strikes. It is the first time he hasn’t allowed a run in six outings this year.
- James Reeves allowed one hit and struck out one batter in a scoreless ninth. 14 of his 21 pitches were for strikes. Reeves hasn’t allowed a run in six of his eight outings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (15-18) were held to one hit in a 1-0 loss to the Dunedin Blue Jays.
- Aaron Hicks was 0-for-3 with a walk in the third game of his rehab assignment.
- Miguel Yajure (1-4) had a quality start in a loss. He allowed one run on five hits, struck out two, and walked two over six innings. 55 of his 83 pitches were for strikes. He has gone six innings in four of his last five starts.
- Braden Bristo came in after Yajure. He allowed one hit and struck out three over two scoreless innings of work. 23 of his 34 pitches were for strikes. He has 17 strikeouts to 5 walks in eight outings this year.
- Matt Wivinis struck out the side in the ninth. 11 of his 16 pitches were strikes.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (18-14) began their series against the Columbia Fireflies with a 7-1 win.
- Wilkerman Garcia was 3-for-4 with two doubles, a two-run home run (3) in the bottom of the first, and three RBIs (9,10,11). Garcia has three home runs and seven RBIs in his last four games.
- Mickey Gasper was 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the fifth (7). Gasper is on a five-game hit streak.
- Josh Stowers went 1-for-3 with a walk, two stolen bases, and an RBI double in the second (4).
- Nelson Gomez was 1-for-4 with an RBI single in the fifth (13).
- Canaan Smith had a multi-hit night as he went 2-for-4 with a triple. Smith is currently on a 12-game hit streak.
- Brandon Lockridge was 2-for-5 with a double out of the leadoff spot. He’s on a six-game hit streak, he is 10-for-29 (.345) during the streak.
- Wellington Diaz finished the game for the Riverdogs. He struck out a batter and walked one without allowing a hit in the final two innings. 18 of his 26 pitches were for strikes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.