CHARLESTON, SC – The Charleston RiverDogs’ promotional schedule is historically highlighted by unique promotions, desired giveaways, explosive fireworks and special nights, and the 2015 version is no exception.
Headlined by Bobble Boobs giveaway, which is the RiverDogs’ matchless way of bringing awareness to breast cancer, and the special “Shoes for Joe” night that honors Greenville native Shoeless Joe Jackson, the 2015 Charleston RiverDogs promotional schedule has a little something for everyone and a lot of fun for all.
Another spectacular highlight of the promotions calendar is the Bill Murray replica “Tune Squad” jersey giveaway on April 25.
The season gets underway with Opening Night, April 9, when the Lexington Legends come to Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park to begin a seven-game homestand. The Opening Night festivities feature an extended postgame fireworks display and fans will receive free magnet schedules that are sponsored by SC 811.
“As our fans have come to expect, we have a fun-filled slate of promotions and theme-nights,” said General Manager Dave Echols. “There will never be a dull time at the ball park this year.
“We’ve increased the number of postgame fireworks nights, our giveaways are of better quality, and we’ve added a few more wrinkles that should make everyone smile as they enter and depart from Riley Park.”
- Mondays: Monday Night Baseball. Mondays are “Dollar Dogs and Beers” nights, thanks to our friends at Coors, Mix 96, Kickin’ 92.5, and 101.7 chuck fm, as fans can enjoy $1 drafts and $1 hot dogs in the Ashley View Pub. The RiverDogs will take the best from Monday Night Football and bring it to The Joe Monday Night Baseball style.
- Tuesdays: Tuesday Date Night. Presented by Miller Lite and NASH FM, Tuesdays can be a special night for you and your belle, or bro, as for only $20 a pair of fans can enjoy a pair of upper reserve tickets, two tacos, two small fountain drinks and a plate of nachos.
- Wednesdays: HealthSouth Senior Wednesday. Presented by MeTV and Cumulus Media, seniors (65 and older) eat free between the hours of 6 – 7 pm and receive a complimentary hot dog, soda and chips for coming to midweek RiverDogs games. The RiverDogs will also incorporate special senior awareness initiatives to The Joe every Wednesday.
- Thursdays: Budweiser Thirsty Thursday. Get an early start on the weekend with $1 beers in the Ashley View Pub presented by Budweiser. Returning again this year will be DJ Natty Heavy, who spins popular tunes throughout the game much to the musical delight of those in that special area. Presented by 95SX.
- Fridays: Postgame Fireworks sponsored by Home Telecom & ISHPI Red Shirt Fridays. This popular night makes a return as fans who wear red to the ballpark, just like the RiverDogs will don their special ISHPI Red Jerseys, receive $1 off their walk-up ticket. Carolina Canines, the wounded-veteran service organization that brings “Titus the Bat Dog” to The Joe to retrieve bats during the game, will make an appearance on Fridays. Every Friday will be punctuated with explosive postgame fireworks courtesy of Home Telecom. Fans are encouraged to secure their tickets in advance for this trendy night at The Joe. ISHPI Red Shirt Friday is presented by WEZL with postgame fireworks courtesy of Home Telecom.
- Saturdays: Giveaways on Select Saturdays and Kids Run the Bases. To assist with families, all Saturday game times this season are 6:05 pm and all are presented by Mix 96, Kickin’ 92.5, and 101.7 chuck fm. Select Saturday games feature free collectable giveaway items to the first 1,000 fans. This year’s freebies are much improved and will consist of a Bill Murray “Tune Squad” jersey giveaway (April 25); fanny pack giveaway (May 16), Negro League’s Larry Doby Newark Eagles replica jersey giveaway (June 20), Military Heroes Baseball Card set giveaway (July 11); and – get this – Bobble Boobs giveaway (Aug. 22) that supports Breast Cancer Awareness. Following the action on the field every Saturday, all kids can stick around and run the bases, thanks to CPI Security Systems.
- Sundays: Kids Club Sundays – Presented by Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission and Y102.5, Sundays at Riley Park feature Free Parking and Kids Eat Free courtesy of Pepsi as all members of the RiverDogs Kids Club get into the game for free and all kids that enter The Joe receive a voucher for a free meal upon entering. The RiverDogs Kids Club, known as the RiverPups, is free to join and open to all kids 12-under. But that’s not all as the RiverDogs pull out all the stops to cater to families, offering a pregame catch on the field, reading with the RiverDogs and the popular postgame autograph session with the entire RiverDogs team and loveable mascots, Charlie T. RiverDog, Chelsea and Bark.
- Opening Day: April 9; “Firsty” Thursday: The RiverDogs will celebrate a series of “firsts” throughout the park, so be sure to get here early as you may win something spectacular. The RiverDogs’ first fireworks spectacular will cap off the festivities at the end of the night. Opening Day is sponsored by SC 811, as well as the magnet schedule giveaway to the first 5,000 fans.
- Kids Opening Day: April 12; Kids take over the park, box office, public address system, radio and even Dave’s General Managing Duties. Kids t-shirt giveaway to the first 1,000 fans 12 and under is presented by Vapor.
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Night: “Night of Man”: May 2; Ed Randall “Bat for the Cure” will be in attendance. We will celebrate manliness with on-field push-up and pull-up contests, beard contests and much more. Prostate exams will be given on The Joe’s concourse through a simple pin prick. Expect our own general manager, Dave Echols, to take getting a prostate exam to the extreme.
- Shoes for Joe: May 16; Fans that bring in used shoes for donating to Souls4soles will receive a free general admission ticket to the game that will be highlighted with a pregame ceremony, involving both teams, honoring Greenville native Shoeless Joe Jackson. The game will be against the Greenville Drive, and both teams will be shoeless for the pregame introductions.
- Memorial Day: May 25; Red, white and blue will be the theme of this game as we honor those who have served and are serving our country. The festivities will conclude with another spectacular fireworks display.
- Bromance Night: June 2; A Tuesday date night that is an “Ode to the Bros.” Leave your lady at home and bring out your best bro to the ballpark. “Brotivities” features a secret handshake contest, a game of “Know Your Bro,” and “What Would a Bro Do?” will help highlight the night.
- Charlie T. RiverDog’s Surprise Birthday Party: June 7; Keep this a secret! Join us in celebrating the lovable mascot’s birthday in surprise fashion. This Sunday will also double as a Dog Day at The Joe where owners may bring their pooch(es) to the game.
- We Heart Dave Night: June 18; A celebration and night of appreciation to everyone’s favorite General Manager: Dave Echols. Festivities include a game of “Are you smarter than Dave?” photo and autograph opportunities with the man himself, and anything we can find to make him turn red.
- Larry Doby Weekend: June 20-21; The RiverDogs pay homage to the Negro Leagues. Saturday includes a Larry Doby Replica Jersey Giveaway sponsored by SC State and a celebration of the Cannon Street All-Stars 1955 team, and on Sunday, we will honor the Negro Leagues with an appearance from former Negro League player Clifford Layton. The teams will wear throwback jerseys of the Homestead Grays and Newark Eagles.
- Independence Day Celebration: July 4; Put simply, this is the best fireworks display in the Lowcountry.
- Military Appreciation Night: July 11; The RiverDogs will wear their special “Green Army Men” jerseys presented by ISHPI, which will be auctioned off through a silent auction during the game. It is also our Military Card Set giveaway – this is not your normal card set as it profiles actual military members, not baseball players.
- Second Annual Charleston Rainbows Night: July 27; The RiverDogs honor the Charleston Rainbows and will wear special Rainbows jerseys, courtesy of Dudley’s on Ann. The jerseys will be auctioned off through a silent auction throughout the game.
- Big Splash Day: July 28; This rare 12:05 pm start features The Joe’s transformation from a BALLpark to a WATERpark!
- Shark Week: Aug. 11-13; The RiverDogs will feature the most feared creature in the water.
- HOPE Week: Aug. 17-21; Once again the RiverDogs team up with the New York Yankees “Helping Others Persevere and Excel” initiative and bring it to Charleston. The RiverDogs and all of the Yankees’ affiliates garner awareness for highlighted causes, individuals and organizations.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Night: Aug. 22; The RiverDogs highlight breast cancer awareness with a unique Bobble Boobs giveaway, mammograms at the park and a Pink- Out the park.
- Princess and Pirates Night: Aug. 30; This is also a Kid’s Club Sunday and all kids who dress up as princesses or pirates will gain free entry.
- Apr. 25: Bill Murray “Tune Squad” Jersey giveaway, presented by WCIV TV-4.
- May 16: “Run Forrest Run 5K,” presented by Fleet Feet Sports, features a Fanny Pack Giveaway courtesy of Kickin 92.5.
- June 20-21: Larry Doby Heritage Weekend, presented by SC State University and WCSC TV-5. As part of Larry Doby Heritage weekend, the RiverDogs will give away Newark Eagles replica jerseys.
- July 11: Military Heroes Baseball Card Set giveaway, presented by WCBD TV-2.
- Aug 22: Breast Cancer Awareness Bobble Boob giveaway.
- May 16: The 9th Annual Run, Forrest, Run 5K Race presented by Fleet Feet Sports, is a unique 5K race that features a finish at home plate and a post-race meal and party prior to the RiverDogs game.
- June 16-19: Charleston RiverDogs Baseball Camp presented by Kickin’ Chicken is for all kids ages 6-13. Have your child learn the fundamentals of the game from RiverDogs players and coaches.
- July 25: Kindness Beats Blindness Auction Night: The RiverDogs’ 16th Annual Kindness Beats Blindness Auction where all proceeds benefit the MUSC Storm Eye Institute.
- Aug. 7: Charleston Baseball Hall of Fame Night: On this special night, we welcome the newest members into the hallowed halls of the Lowcountry baseball’s elite.
- Sept. 2: Fan Appreciation Night: Sept. 2; The RiverDogs honor their fans with a huge celebration where EVERYTHING MUST GO! It will also be Employee Appreciation Night as two lucky gameday employees will be selected to win a $500 grand prize for their excellent work throughout the season. And it wouldn’t be a Fan Appreciation Night without a postgame-fireworks spectacular.
Fans are encouraged to visit www.RiverDogs.com, or call the Box Office at 843/577-DOGS (3647) for tickets and additional information. If you can’t make the games, remember that RiverDogs baseball can be heard throughout the season on the flagship radio home, WTMA 1250AM.