We are making a big change at Pinstriped Prospects as we prepare for the 2020 season. We are officially launching the Pinstriped Prospect Dugout Membership program, replacing the previous donation system that we instituted last year.
This new program is designed to allow our loyal readers to support Pinstriped Prospects as we bring you the best Yankees minor league coverage on the web and look to expand on that. What does that mean for you, our reader? It means that we are instituting a limited paywall on PinstripedProspects.com, gating some of our content for only those who sign up.
What will be behind the paywall:
A significant amount of our content will be free for all users to read and share. That includes our opinion pieces, performances reports, breaking news, previews, and major league coverage. The bulk of our Yankees minor league coverage will be behind the paywall including scouting reports, player interviews, features, all minor league spring training coverage, and more.
Subscribers will also have access to a private message board and will feature limited advertising. We are working to completely remove all advertising for paid subscribers, that feature will be added at a later date.
Dugout subscribers will also be added into a monthly raffle for special giveaways. These include Yankees merchandise, gift cards, tickets, and more. Monthly giveaways will begin in January 2020.
Until then we are running a special launch contest. We are giving away 10 game-worn Yankees minor league jerseys to 10 different subscribers who signed up for the annual or 3-year dugout subscription. Monthly subscribers will not be entered in the paywall-launch contest.
- At 100 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away four game-worn minor league spring training jerseys from 2007 valued at $50 each.
- At 200 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away a 2004 – 2007 game-worn Staten Island Yankees batting practice jersey, #2 valued at $75.
- At 300 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away a 2019 game-worn Staten Island Yankees specialty jersey of 2019 second-round pick Josh Smith valued at $100.
- At 400 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away a 2007 game-worn Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees home jersey, valued at $125.
- At 500 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away a 2019 game-worn Staten Island Yankees specialty jersey autographed by infielder Ezequiel Duran valued at $125.
- At 750 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away a 2007 game-worn Brett Gardner Trenton Thunder batting practice jersey valued at $250.
- At 1,000 annual or 3-year subscribers, we will give away a 2007 game-worn Brett Gardner Trenton Thunder home jersey valued at $300.
This contest will conclude on January 15, 2020, whether we reach the goal to give away each jersey or not.
Why we are making this move:
It has become clear over the last year or so that the ad-supported model was not cutting it. While traffic to our website skyrocketed, the ad revenues generated did not increase significantly enough to pay for the additional hosting costs. We explored many different options including donation campaigns, direct advertising sales, etc. But none of those options were able to raise enough money to cover the operating costs of the website, which come out to about $4,000 per month when accounting for the new hosting costs, paying our writers, and other expenses.
If we can reach out goal of 1,000 subscribers, we will be able to not just keep PinstripedProspects.com online but expand to include more coverage of the Yankees prospects in minor league spring training, extended spring training, and the fall instructional league.
How can you sign up?
Signing up is simple. Just click here and you can select from our monthly, annual, or 3-year membership. Each membership level will give you access to all the features of the Dugout Membership. Our monthly membership costs $7 a month and signing up for an annual membership will give you a 25% discount at $63 per year. The 3-year membership will give you the largest discount at 71% of the monthly price at $180 every three years.