Keep an eye on:
Fans should keep their eye on second baseman Ezequiel Duran who is in the Charleston workgroup. The young infielder made his professional debut last season in the Dominican Summer League and is making his first appearance state-side this spring. He has already drawn some attention for his potential at the plate. The Yankees see him as a guy that has the potential to develop into a quality second baseman with some power. He has already begun lighting up the exit velocity charts and will likely begin the season in the Gulf Coast League.
- JP Sears got the start for the Tarpons; the left-hander was impressive in 4 innings of work he allowed just one run on 2 hits and struck out 8 batters. He worked mostly 88-90 miles per hour with his fastball.
- Ryan Lidge went 1-for-1 with a walk for Tampa, he was lifted in the sixth for Pedro Diaz.
- Steven Sensley was 1-for-4 with 3 strikeouts
- Alexander Vargas pitched 4 innings out of the bullpen, sitting 90-92 with his fastball and striking out 5 and allowing a run on 3 hits.
- Trevor Lane pitched a scoreless ninth inning allowing two singles but escaped thanks to an inning ending double play
- Edel Luaces and Junior Soto had the only two extra base hits for the Tarpons (Lauces a double in the 4th and Soto a double in the fifth.
- Chris Hess was 2-for-4 in the game
- Anderson Severino impressed during his appearance. The lefty showed off a mid-90s fastball and a good breaking ball.