“Yoga” Campaign Portrays YES’ Yankees Announcers as You’ve Never Seen Them
Saturday, March 25, 2017 – The YES Network debuted a quirky new 60-second spot during its Blue Jays-Yankees Spring Training game this afternoon which promotes the network’s 2017 New York Yankees coverage. The spot, part of a multi-faceted campaign, marks a departure from previous YES on-air promotion efforts, in that the spot shows YES’ Yankees announcers participating in a yoga class.
By depicting the announcers in a different light, away from the stadium and studio, the spot showcases their diverse personalities, along with the deep bonds that have developed over the many years they have worked together.
In addition to this 60-second spot, other spots of varying lengths (including 30s and 20s) with the yoga motif will soon debut on YES and will also live on YESNetwork.com and on the aforementioned YES social media platforms. The network will also release outtakes and other snippets on social media in the coming weeks.
YES is producing a “mockumentary” as well, a tongue-in-cheek behind-the-scenes look at the making of the yoga shoot, hosted by Bob Lorenz and premiering soon across YES’ various digital and social platforms.
This link takes you to still photos from the “yoga” promo spot shoot.
In addition to the “yoga” campaign, this link takes you to a another new YES spot this spring, with a different slant, promoting its coverage of the Yankees. YES will soon break radio spots featuring its Yankees announcers, as well.
“Yoga” Campaign Featured Talent
· Michael Kay Yankees play-by-play announcer
· Ryan Ruocco Yankees play-by-play announcer
· David Cone Yankees analyst
· John Flaherty Yankees analyst
· Paul O’Neill Yankees analyst
· Ken Singleton Yankees analyst
· Jack Curry Yankees reporter
· Meredith Marakovits Yankees reporter
· Bob Lorenz Yankees studio host
· Nancy Newman Yankees studio host
· Chris Shearn Yankees studio host
· Carrie McCrossen Yoga instructor
“Yoga” Campaign Credits
· YES Network Senior Director, Creative Services – John Zeigler
· YES Network, Director, On-Air Promotion – Daniel Guernsey
· Producer – Andrew Oshan
· Director – Jack Helmuth